• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

That stinks! I wonder if #1 was a one off thing. I just left last night after a week long stay and we took their bus to DS on 3 separate occasions and was always allowed in there. We took the Swan bus there and a Disney bus back to the Yacht Club every time. We would never make the mistake of taking their bus to MK again. That was the worst.

While there, they installed the big bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body wash in the shower. We did get water every day when housekeeping came. I was charged the $35 resort fee for the booking with points that I had made and didn’t modify, but was charged the $40 resort fee on the booking with cash that I constantly modified for lower prices.

It was our first stay at a non-Disney hotel and I 100% think we would do it again.
Why was the points resort fee less that the cash? My reservation for this week, 100% points, is saying my resort fee charge will be $40, so wondering why the difference?

@penel3 pretty sure it's because the points reservation was booked before the resort fee increase and never modified so it was grandfathered in, but the cash reservation was rebooked after the increase and thus no longer grandfathered in.

@penel3 pretty sure it's because the points reservation was booked before the resort fee increase and never modified so it was grandfathered in, but the cash reservation was rebooked after the increase and thus no longer grandfathered in.
Yes, exactly! Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

Thank you!

Just finished my stay

1 Dont take the Mears bus to the springs - They won't let you enter Circ side by the bus so you have to walk to one of the middle garages and go up the stairs in the parking garage to go in through security. You walk have the length of the springs to get in. Lyft is worth it or a Disney bus

2 Yet again, false valet parking charges were on my bill- they will not take them off at the desk ( I have no car and they saw I used a limo) I have to file a dispute with the parking attendant and follow up with Coorperate.

They kept insisting that I had a guest which I did not. I also reminded them that no one should be able to charge to my room other than me. What a PIA
I’d be filing a charge back on the cc for parking if it posts, provide proof of your ride receipt to help. Marriott screwed up, you shouldn’t have to waste your time with anyone besides the front desk over their screw up.

The buses to Springs must be a one-off thing - I took it multiple times last week and we were dropped off on the Circ side and also went through security at Circ. Granted, both buses that picked us up were a 'Disney Cruiseline' bus, which was a first for me.

The buses to Springs must be a one-off thing - I took it multiple times last week and we were dropped off on the Circ side and also went through security at Circ. Granted, both buses that picked us up were a 'Disney Cruiseline' bus, which was a first for me.
They had only one security line at the garage by Coca Cola store

That is a pretty long walk

One more thing - thus may not be news but the 20% DVC discount is gone from Swan and Dolphin restaurants

The discount at the Mickey store in the Dolphin is still there.

Hi all! I have a question regarding booking dining and the 60 + 10 rule. My friend's booking day is this Tuesday. Their Dolphin reservation is linked to their MDE. When I login to their account (I'll be booking their dining), I don't see their hotel dates greyed out when I look at the ADR page. When I've had future Disney hotel stays, I used to be able to see my future dates 'greyed out' when I look at the ADR calendar. That gave me confidence that my dates would open up at the 60 day mark. However, when I go to my friend's account, her dates are NOT greyed out. Is this a sign that I may have a trouble booking online on Tuesday?

I also reminded them that no one should be able to charge to my room other than me. What a PIA
This happened to me at the Reserve. I was charged for someone else's bar tabs. I wouldn't have known if I hadn't stopped at the desk to apply a GC to my account at checkout. They took the charges off, but it took a bit. I remember the person saying something like they must have typed in the wrong number at the bar. I guess the only thing to do is proactively check your account each day, but who wants to deal with that on vacation?

This happened to me at the Reserve. I was charged for someone else's bar tabs. I wouldn't have known if I hadn't stopped at the desk to apply a GC to my account at checkout. They took the charges off, but it took a bit. I remember the person saying something like they must have typed in the wrong number at the bar. I guess the only thing to do is proactively check your account each day, but who wants to deal with that on vacation?
Dumb question, but when you charge something to your room at Swan/Dolphin/Swan Reserve, do they require proof of the room number? Do they take your key card or something so they know it's really your room number?

Hi all! I have a question regarding booking dining and the 60 + 10 rule. My friend's booking day is this Tuesday. Their Dolphin reservation is linked to their MDE. When I login to their account (I'll be booking their dining), I don't see their hotel dates greyed out when I look at the ADR page. When I've had future Disney hotel stays, I used to be able to see my future dates 'greyed out' when I look at the ADR calendar. That gave me confidence that my dates would open up at the 60 day mark. However, when I go to my friend's account, her dates are NOT greyed out. Is this a sign that I may have a trouble booking online on Tuesday?
The vacation dates pop up at the time that the dining is released. That’s what happened for us. It showed on the website, before My Disney experience. So, have both open and keep refreshing.

Reactions: CJK
The vacation dates pop up at the time that the dining is released. That’s what happened for us. It showed on the website, before My Disney experience. So, have both open and keep refreshing.
Thank you!! I was freaking out that I wasn't 'seeing' the vacation dates ahead of tomorrow, but it sounds like that's normal now. I will have the website and app ready to go. Thanks again!

Dumb question, but when you charge something to your room at Swan/Dolphin/Swan Reserve, do they require proof of the room number? Do they take your key card or something so they know it's really your room number?
I'm not sure what their policy is these days because I didn't charge anything to the room. When I was at the Dolphin a few years back, I "think" I remember showing my key.

We charged frequently to our rooms at the Swan in both March and August and only provided the room number orally. One time my sister had to text me to confirm our room number when she got coffee because she forgot. So I can see how mistakes are made -- unintentionally and, I'm sure intentionally, too. You can choose to not allow charging to the room if you are concerned. We found it very convenient and didn't see errors on our invoices.

Edit: We did provide our names, too. I'm sorry my answer was less than clear on that. Especially at the pool bar, the bar tenders would remember our names -- well, at least my 27 year old daughter's name -- and kept the tab via our name and room number. It's not like we went up and said charge this to room XXXX without a name to go with it. Sorry about that!

Last edited:
We charged frequently to our rooms at the Swan in both March and August and only provided the room number orally. One time my sister had to text me to confirm our room number when she got coffee because she forgot. So I can see how mistakes are made -- unintentionally and, I'm sure intentionally, too. You can choose to not allow charging to the room if you are concerned. We found it very convenient and didn't see errors on our invoices.
Thanks!

My recollection was you had to provide your room number and your last name, but that was a few years ago.

Hi All;
Sorry if this questions has been done to death but its really hard to find it in the search + 966 pages.

I thought that the marriott hotels did not do 60+10. But now looking through the thread it does but there is issues with the Swan Reserve? Is that correct?
We are doing a few split stays over Port Orleans (5 days) , Universal (1 night) , Swan Reserve (5 Nights) and Hilton Bonnet Creek (5 Nights).
I just assumed that I would have to make several different bookings across several different day but it would obviously be better if i could do the swan reserve ones in one hit.

Do you call disney, book online, book through the app?
thanks in advance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter