Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi! First visit to Dolphin next month, checking out Thursday, 10/27. What's the likelihood of getting late checkout? I don't mind paying the fee, just unsure what availability looks like and trying to plan a park morning.

Still showing $40 on the S/D/R website. Strange

https://swandolphin.com/feedback/reserve/
I booked thru hotels.com and when I booked a few days ago, it showed $40/day and today it is showing $45/day on the reservation (pay at property). Not sure if it's only a third party thing or not but it definitely changed. I booked thru the third party b/c booking direct wanted full payment up front vs. one night's deposit to allow for flexibility with plans.

Hi! First visit to Dolphin next month, checking out Thursday, 10/27. What's the likelihood of getting late checkout? I don't mind paying the fee, just unsure what availability looks like and trying to plan a park morning.
I’m sure it depends on availability, but in the past we’ve had no issues getting a noon or 1pm check out for no fee. I’m not sure about a later check out option.

We are doing Swan and Swan Reserve both this fall. And are AP holders. Is there any way we will get free parking?

We are doing Swan and Swan Reserve both this fall. And are AP holders. Is there any way we will get free parking?
No free resort parking. Also FYI, even if WDW was generous enough to give AP free resort parking (Yeah right LOL), it would still not be free at Swan or Dolphin since these resorts are Marriott and not Disney resorts.

Reading the posts about the balcony refurbishment and getting nervous - we arrive on 10/5 and specifically reserved and paid for a balcony room. Has anyone here with a confirmed balcony room reservation arrived and not gotten a balcony (if I I understand correctly, they are working in sections, so some balconies are still available).

Is there a way to see availability in a "calendar" view. All the dates I look at are booked for all 3 properties.

We booked a long weekend in January. Other than transportation, are there any benefits with staying at the Swan like EMH?

I’ll be arriving in a week! I’ll be sure to update on the waterfall and balconies while there. If there’s anything else anyone wants an update about, let me know.

What's up with the waterfall? Did I miss something? I do love all the waterfalls on property so hope they're still around

That was a really good video. Well worth the 50 minutes. Excellent. I will be watching the Dolphin and SR also. Thanks for the heads up, WoL.
I learned a thing or two I didn't know. Kimono's has karaoke?
I booked thru hotels.com and when I booked a few days ago, it showed $40/day and today it is showing $45/day on the reservation (pay at property). Not sure if it's only a third party thing or not but it definitely changed. I booked thru the third party b/c booking direct wanted full payment up front vs. one night's deposit to allow for flexibility with plans.
I think with tax it comes to $45, wonder if that could be it. They just raised it to $40, hard to believe it went up again.

:sad2:

The menu will showcase a contemporary interpretation of authentic Mexican cuisine, including beloved classics and innovative, sophisticated dishes that pay tribute to Mexico's richly varied culinary regions=$$$$
Yeah I'm sure it will be more expensive too, I'd thought they might bump Picabu out - but Fresh does have a better location and more natural light and since they were only do breakfast I'm sure it will generate more $ too.

What's up with the waterfall? Did I miss something? I do love all the waterfalls on property so hope they're still around
The pool waterfall hasn’t been functioning in a while. Maybe it’s working again, but I hadn’t heard that it was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter