Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I am supposed to be checking in to the Dolphin on Friday - we'll see if that still happens. The friend I am meeting there was supposed to arrive on Thursday. She was told all cancellation/change fees would be waived when she called to cancel Thursday night.

Yeah @SteveH gave a great tip and said to use the "Text Us" function from the Swan and Dolphin app and I was able to confirm no cancellation fees. I was able to move my reservation to Friday-Monday for now but if my flight out Friday gets cancelled, I will probably just cancel everything. Already made another reservation for the end of October.

Yeah @SteveH gave a great tip and said to use the "Text Us" function from the Swan and Dolphin app and I was able to confirm no cancellation fees. I was able to move my reservation to Friday-Monday for now but if my flight out Friday gets cancelled, I will probably just cancel everything. Already made another reservation for the end of October.
This is exactly my plan as well - Friday to Monday. Will cancel if flight is cancelled or parks are closed beyond tomorrow.

For those who have stayed at Swan / Dolphin, do you miss it not being a Disney owned resort?

We are trying to figure out our stay right before Christmas. We have a week at Poly on DVC points, but the change in the walking path takes away one of our favorite parts of Poly. We were able to secure a great rate at Dolphin but we are not sure how we'll feel about not being in a Disney resort.

Not in the slightest.

If anyone is checking in on Friday over Princess Weekend, check your rates! I modified our 3 nights and saved another $75 total (using the AP rate QWH). Now officially cheaper than Pop. I have been checking a few times a week and this is biggest price drop I had for our dates. I think we are at $280/night with fees at Dolphin which I think is pretty darn good for a race weekend. Swan is still available for a few $ more but I think I'll keep us at Dolphin for now.

Just got back from the Dolphin today- we left this morning at 6 AM. It was our first stay here, and we loved it. The grotto waterfall still isn’t operating, but that pool area has so many other features that we didn’t miss it in the slightest.

We felt there was quite a bit of Disney Magic even if they aren’t officially Disney. The lighted walkway between Swan and Dolphin plays Disney music, and last night coming off the Boardwalk we were greeted with “The Circle of Life” playing and beautiful changing lights as we walked into the hotel. With Spaceship Earth illuminated over the water, it felt very magical. Just being within walking distance of two parks and other Disney hotels made us feel like we were in the bubble. Access to the boats was a plus, and walking over to ride the Skyliner just for fun was a great memory. I didn’t mind the busses, and even the TTC for rope drop wasn’t a big deal at all.

Access to so many food options on property and also the quick walk for food/drinks on the Boardwalk was something we also enjoyed. We always felt like we had plenty of options in that regard.

It was my husband’s first Disney trip, and the word is still out whether he will be up for another trip. But, I know we’d have a hard time staying in another hotel that wasn’t within walking distance of two parks. It just can’t be beat!

You should not incur any fees for pulling up to unload luggage. As far as the rental, is it necessary just to get you from offsite hotel to Swan? I would think it would be a lot easier to uber over, drop bags at bell services and not have to mess with parking a car and renting a car for a few hours.

If you do go the rental route, ask the Swan front desk for a blank key to show the parking attendant. I've heard a few other people say that they've done that and it worked. I've not done it so not sure that's legit. I've also read on here that people show their MDE app with their hotel reservation to get free parking but again, I've never done it so not sure that it works.
Thank you both. That’s what I was hoping to hear. Renting the car as we have several things planned for arrival day that having a car will make simpler and cheaper than several Ubers.

If anyone is checking in on Friday over Princess Weekend, check your rates! I modified our 3 nights and saved another $75 total (using the AP rate QWH). Now officially cheaper than Pop. I have been checking a few times a week and this is biggest price drop I had for our dates. I think we are at $280/night with fees at Dolphin which I think is pretty darn good for a race weekend. Swan is still available for a few $ more but I think I'll keep us at Dolphin for now.
I’ve been checking daily for weeks and can’t find any availability for that weekend (checking in Wednesday). I’ll keep looking!

What size filter packs do the coffe makers at the Dolphin use? I know they are smaller, but can’t remember if they are one-cup or four-cup capacity. Thanks!

I’ve been checking daily for weeks and can’t find any availability for that weekend (checking in Wednesday). I’ll keep looking!
I booked months ago and that Wednesday/Thursday has never been available for check-in! We ended up doing a split stay and splurging on a night at Poly since we figure the savings at Dolphin "offsets" it :laughing:

Ian at the Dolphin

ORLANDO, Fla. - New video shows heavy downpours from Hurricane Ian causing flooding outside a Disney World Resort hotel in Orlando, Florida.

Twitter user @JaiHawkFly shared video with FOX 35 News that shows the flooded area outside the Disney Swan and Dolphin Resort at least a few inches deep.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/hurricane-ian-floods-disney-world-hotel-in-florida
Love how their headline says it "Hurricane Ian floods Disney World hotel in Florida" but the video shows outside of the hotel......and the article never says anything about the hotel itself.

At the Swan. Dinner last night was a bit chaotic. The line to put your name in at Il Mulino stretched to the Kimonos entrance and then they were quoting a 3 hour wait. We went over to the Dolphin and sat in the Shula’s lounge and had a lovely meal. Walking across wasn’t bad at all.

This morning just looks like a normal rainy day, the sun is peeking out, trees aren’t moving too much and doesn’t appear to be any flooding at the front of the Swan. The news is showing a lot of bad flooding out in town though. I’ll eventually get the motivation to get dressed and walk around 😂 I can see people walking and running the path towards DHS.

image.jpg

We are doing a split stay between Swolphin and CR next month. We want to have luggage transferred one day BUT I read somewhere they will not transfer backpacks, only luggage bags. Is this true? Someone said this is why they always just Uber with their bags, leave with Bell Services and come back. Is this true? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter