Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I booked Dolphin directly through Marriott website months ago for Jan 3-7: non refundable and what I thought was pay in full rate. I have the reservation number and it has linked fine to my MDE app, however my credit card has yet to be charge. Is this normal?

I have booked a few times through Marriott.... often they don't charge anything till a few days before check-in. That's not always the case, but more often than not it has been.

Can you link a Swan reservation to My Disney Experience? I am entering my reservation number and last name and it’s not taking it

Checked in to the Dolphin today for our first visit. I initially felt a little homesick for Wilderness Lodge. They gave us an accessible room with an odd layout and we didn't get the Epcot view we requested. (We knew it wasn't a guarantee.) However, I'm sitting out on the balcony enjoying the view we did get and a glass of wine, and there are things we already like: the lobby has a fun feel at night, there is more of an adult vibe, lots of food choices, and we feel like we are right in the middle of all the action being between DHS and Epcot. Plus everyone we've encountered has been very friendly and helpful. And it's less than half the price of a WL room this week. I think we'll like it here.

Last edited:
Checked in to the Dolphin today for our first visit. I initially felt a little homesick fur Wilderness Lodge. They gave us an accessible room with an odd layout and we didn't get the Epcot view we requested. (We knew it wasn't a guarantee.) However, I'm sitting out on the balcony enjoying the view we did get and a glass of wine, and there are things we already like: the lobby has a fun feel at night, there is more of an adult vibe, lots of food choices, and we feel like we are right in the middle of all the action being between DHS and Epcot. Plus everyone we've encountered has been very friendly and helpful. And it's less than half the price of a WL room this week. I think we'll like it here.
Have you left the building yet? Once you actually walk over to the Boardwalk or Epcot and feel how fast and easy it is, you will no longer be homesick for Wilderness Lodge (where getting anywhere from the resort takes time and energy). When I stayed at Wilderness Lodge, I was homesick for the Epcot Resort area the entire time.

Have you left the building yet? Once you actually walk over to the Boardwalk or Epcot and feel how fast and easy it is, you will no longer be homesick for Wilderness Lodge (where getting anywhere from the resort takes time and energy). When I stayed at Wilderness Lodge, I was homesick for the Epcot Resort area the entire time.
Yes, we spent several hours at DHS. The short boat ride was heaven!

Just wanted to add my anecdote that my Dolphin reservation also vanished from my MDE about 24 hours after doing online check in yesterday (we arrive tomorrow). Quick fix, just something to keep an eye on.

Question for those in the know: Are some rooms at the Swan refurbished and some not? We stayed in May on the third floor in the West Wing last time and then the fifth floor East Wing this time. The room this time was quiet, clean and comfortable but it seems a little more tired and worn than our room in May.

@mickey916 The Swan rooms were renovated starting Jan 2015 and completed around Sept 2015, so they are pushing the general 7-year renovation cycle, but with Covid I think it maybe held off a couple years. So some rooms maybe showing their age more then others.

Question for those in the know: Are some rooms at the Swan refurbished and some not? We stayed in May on the third floor in the West Wing last time and then the fifth floor East Wing this time. The room this time was quiet, clean and comfortable but it seems a little more tired and worn than our room in May.
All rooms have been refurbished but it's been a long time since they were done. I'm sure it's just luck of the draw on which rooms are more worn out, but in our experience, I have felt like the swan rooms are more abused and showing their age than dolphin. The closet shelving/door that has storage at the swan has been chipped/needs to be painted and it's been this way in multiple rooms for us. Also the swan bathroom amenities are not as clean appearing as the dolphin. I'm sure it's totally hit or miss based on the room, however, it doesn't bother me enough since the location and price is always on point for us. The rooms are in need of a refresh but not as bad as some some disney property rooms I've stayed at.

All rooms have been refurbished but it's been a long time since they were done. I'm sure it's just luck of the draw on which rooms are more worn out, but in our experience, I have felt like the swan rooms are more abused and showing their age than dolphin. The closet shelving/door that has storage at the swan has been chipped/needs to be painted and it's been this way in multiple rooms for us. Also the swan bathroom amenities are not as clean appearing as the dolphin. I'm sure it's totally hit or miss based on the room, however, it doesn't bother me enough since the location and price is always on point for us. The rooms are in need of a refresh but not as bad as some some disney property rooms I've stayed at.
We loved staying at the Swan for its proximity to two parks, comfortable beds and quiet rooms. But, it definitely needs a refresh. It was most noticeable in the bathroom this time. Overall though very happy with our stay. We opted out of housekeeping but they still cleaned the room mid-stay and left water bottles.

Can you link a Swan reservation to My Disney Experience? I am entering my reservation number and last name and it’s not taking it
I just went through this. I had booked through Costco and the reservation number it kicked out didn't work to link my reservation in the app. I had to get a special code to link it and that worked just fine. I am 99% sure I got the special code by calling the Swan. (The 1% uncertainty is because I also called Disney that day but I think they told me I had to call the Swan).

Anyone have a recent-ish stay at the Reserve? We have stayed (and loved) the Dolphin and Swan but last stay was Dec 2019 BP (before pandemic) and construction was happening on the Reserve. I somehow forgot that it was across the street in relation to the other buildings.

Is it a pain to walkover? Are the onsite restaurants good? I happened upon such a great price for a double queen suite that I'm not going to move but wanted to understand any "challenges" or any perks that may be there. Also - I know we get bottles of water due to the resort fee but can you easily buy onsite add'l water that's not too expensive? Not sure I want to deal with an Amazon delivery if I can get a couple of gallons of water easily onsite.

I don’t know how to cheaply get water by the gallon on site, maybe others do.

I have not stayed at SR, but cannot imagine it to be that much more inconvenient than the rest of the buildings. Is it further away, yes. Is it significantly further away? Absolutely not. I’d stay in any of the three, whichever is cheapest on the dates I go.

Anyone have a recent-ish stay at the Reserve? We have stayed (and loved) the Dolphin and Swan but last stay was Dec 2019 BP (before pandemic) and construction was happening on the Reserve. I somehow forgot that it was across the street in relation to the other buildings.

Is it a pain to walkover? Are the onsite restaurants good? I happened upon such a great price for a double queen suite that I'm not going to move but wanted to understand any "challenges" or any perks that may be there. Also - I know we get bottles of water due to the resort fee but can you easily buy onsite add'l water that's not too expensive? Not sure I want to deal with an Amazon delivery if I can get a couple of gallons of water easily onsite.
If you are looking for distilled water (for a CPap machine, for example), you can get gallons at the Boardwalk market store... also sometimes the BC or other resorts have them. I have also used distilled water in the coffee machines with no problems or taste difference. Spring water is sometimes available also, but it's harder to find.

I did a review in this thread back in August if you want to check it out. SR Review A few posts later I have some pics. Overall I loved it, and the steps to/from the water taxis I thought were equivalent to a room at one of the ends of a long Dolphin hallway. However make sure you take the Swan sidewalk back from the water taxis, not the Dolphin way around as that felt much longer to me at the end of the night. The steps to the bus stop, SR pool, and Lobby are much fewer. It was a very short walk to the Grotto pool as well. The restaurants are great. Amare had a very nice breakfast buffet and one of the best pizzas on WDW property IMO. The coffee shop/quick serve was very good too - very much like Java over at the Swan, but slightly more limited than Fuel at the Dolphin. The other Swan and Dolphin restaurants are only a quick walk away and do offering charging back to your room at SR if you like having that option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter