• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

@austinelsa
#1 it's really a toss up; Dolphin to International Gateway .8 miles and Swan .7 miles and to DSH its 1.3 miles from the Swan.

#2 Hard to say what availabllity is like for the Minnie Vans would be. I agree with maxiesmom the bus is just as good as the Disney run buses for AK. Unless you need car seats I'd take an Uber/Lyft over the expense of a Minnie Van if you are looking to avoid the bus.
yeah, i need a booster and a car seat for my kids, so its either minnie van or bus basically.

yeah, i need a booster and a car seat for my kids, so its either minnie van or bus basically.
The worst time to try and book Minnie Vans is peak am rush hour and at park close, availability is pretty bad. I would stick to the Swolphin bus if you can't do a regular rideshare. Disney transportation oddly has no real location advantage when dropping off at AK.

Staying at Swan 2 nights precruise in May. If I arrange Disney transport to cruise terminal does anyone know if it is an official Disney bus and does it guarantee early PAT,
like if you are an “official” Disney resort?

We’re staying at the Swan last week in March, but I keep checking rates to see if I can get it lower. Anyone know why the Swan & Dolphin has $2k/night rates for March 27-31? I know there is a LIV golf tournament at Orange County National that week, but surely they would stay else where??

@Kjbbach1 SwanDolphin uses a dynmaic pricing system, the more the reach capacity the higher they go. For rates like that I'd say they are all but full. Since we're within a 60 window I don't think there is a convention that might release rooms, but that close to April you're feeling the Spring Break rush. Probably won't see prices come down until right before your dates, if at all.

Hi all!

2 quick q's:

1) Purely from a walking distance perspective to both HS and Epcot, is dolphin or swan better? Or are they basically the same?

2) Is it impossible to get a minnie van around 7am to get to AK early entry? Or will it be generally doable?

THANKS!
You might be able to get a MV depending on MK’s EEH that day but you need to be ready to wait for the bus as a backup because you can never count on getting a MV. You could logon to Lyft and check for Swolphin to ak at 7am and see what your options are and track it for a few days going into your trip. It might give you an idea of what you’re looking at.

You might be able to get a MV depending on MK’s EEH that day but you need to be ready to wait for the bus as a backup because you can never count on getting a MV. You could logon to Lyft and check for Swolphin to ak at 7am and see what your options are and track it for a few days going into your trip. It might give you an idea of what you’re looking at.
thats a good idea. ive been tracking wait times and LL availability everyday anyway - whats one more thing! its getting me excited for my trip.

@Kjbbach1 SwanDolphin uses a dynmaic pricing system, the more the reach capacity the higher they go. For rates like that I'd say they are all but full. Since we're within a 60 window I don't think there is a convention that might release rooms, but that close to April you're feeling the Spring Break rush. Probably won't see prices come down until right before your dates, if at all.
Thanks, I just figured being only 3 days for the week it was strange or due to an event.

I'm a Bonvoy Titanium (but dropping to Platinum on March 1 - boo less work travel) and put in a Suite Night Award request for March 1-5 at the Swan Reserve and got the dreaded "We're Working on Your Upgrade Request" email. I didn't expect to get upgraded since the hotel seems to be pretty busy for these dates. But always fun to try!

Anyone else going to be around later this week?

@champagne&disney sadly SDR is a bit know to not provide many SNAs - even more so during busy times like Holidays, Spring Breaks and Christmas. But hopefully something comes through for you when you check-in.

Have a great trip!
I had it approved once and I figure I have nothing to lose by trying every time. Worst case, I get them back in my pocket for another trip somewhere else later this year. :-)

Just got back from my first stay at the Swan Reserve. We LOVED the smaller footprint of the hotel. Check in was so easy. Our room had an incredible view of Epcot. The restaurant Amare is amazing. Highly recommend the souvlaki.

We had a weird experience at the lobby bar, Stir. We ordered flatbread, mediterranean dips, and two drinks. The server immediately asks for a credit card to "start a tab" or "settle our bill." 30 minutes later and no food, no credit card, and no bill to sign. No sight of the server.

Another person brings our food to us, and we ask for our server (who still had our credit card) She shows up and gives us a bill that is wrong. We're charged for food that we didn't order or receive, and the bill is $30 higher than it should be. She's already charged it to the card, so she RE-CHARGES the card for the correct amount. We had two pending transactions charged. Super annoying. I've heard of paying for a drink at a bar when you get it, or starting a tab, but for her to have our credit card for so long was sketchy. The table beside us also had a bill that was higher than it should have been and had food that they didn't order.

Just got back from my first stay at the Swan Reserve. We LOVED the smaller footprint of the hotel. Check in was so easy. Our room had an incredible view of Epcot. The restaurant Amare is amazing. Highly recommend the souvlaki.

We had a weird experience at the lobby bar, Stir. We ordered flatbread, mediterranean dips, and two drinks. The server immediately asks for a credit card to "start a tab" or "settle our bill." 30 minutes later and no food, no credit card, and no bill to sign. No sight of the server.

Another person brings our food to us, and we ask for our server (who still had our credit card) She shows up and gives us a bill that is wrong. We're charged for food that we didn't order or receive, and the bill is $30 higher than it should be. She's already charged it to the card, so she RE-CHARGES the card for the correct amount. We had two pending transactions charged. Super annoying. I've heard of paying for a drink at a bar when you get it, or starting a tab, but for her to have our credit card for so long was sketchy. The table beside us also had a bill that was higher than it should have been and had food that they didn't order.
If you haven’t already make sure you have charge alerts set on that card at the minimum level. Some issuers allow $.01 some $10.00 but whatever the lowest is make sure you’re getting notified in case your server swiped the info.

I ate at the SR lobby bar one night but I don’t recall if I had to surrender my cc in order to do so.

Personally I would drop a line to guest services/Marriott regarding the experience. They’re Marriott so they may not give a darn or they may forward it to the hotel. One bill of unordered and undelivered food is odd, but 2? Please.

I'm a Bonvoy Titanium (but dropping to Platinum on March 1 - boo less work travel) and put in a Suite Night Award request for March 1-5 at the Swan Reserve and got the dreaded "We're Working on Your Upgrade Request" email. I didn't expect to get upgraded since the hotel seems to be pretty busy for these dates. But always fun to try!

I’m going shortly after, no upgrades yet with my sna.

Hotel is sold out for my dates so I’m expecting a lovely view of some air conditioning units, maybe some early morning delivery noises and anything else a lousy room can involve since I’m booked no view on points 😂

Last edited:
I’m going shortly after, same thing with my sna.

Hotel is sold out for my dates so I’m expecting a lovely view of some air conditioning units, maybe some early morning delivery noises and anything else a lousy room can involve since I’m booked no view on points 😂
Hilarious. I booked in on my corporate rate (because it beat the AP rate) and did the "no view" so sounds like we'll be twinning! Love me some trash views ... literally.

Spent the last week at Yacht Club, and then missed our flight home last night (literally missed the door closing by a minute due to extra long baggage and security lines) - next flight out is tomorrow. So we grabbed a room at the Dolphin for 2 nights - making the best of a bad situation!

Had an awesome pool day (no noise from the active construction), good breakfast and cold brew from fuel, and heading to Blue Zoo for dinner (which we were sad we didn’t do last week).

We enjoyed YC, but really do prefer S/D!! (No rooms available last week!)

We did get upgraded last year at the Reserve, just as a Lifetime Titanium, not using SNA. It helps that there's such a high percentage of suites at the Reserve, so maybe it'll work for you!

On the plane home so will give a little Dolphin update. Booked a standard no-view room through Amex portal (the hotel collection using Amex platinum) Th-M for Princess Weekend. Did online check in and saw in the app my room was listed as resort view when I looked around 5pm (we were in parks until late evening).

Here’s my standard view room from early January:
62E1100C-E362-464E-9099-0BE5A093FC87.jpeg

Vs my upgraded resort view room this trip:
B34B428A-EB6B-4BF1-AB5B-26AB2BBDBB94.jpeg
7DE43C5E-C780-41BB-8064-0E3308994AD7.jpeg
Beautiful view, the ferry horns were loud but luckily don’t go too late this time of year. Room East 6047.

I find it annoying you always have to go to the front desk to check in, and mobile key never works for me til the next day. The line was crazy long when we checked in later that evening (after 9pm) but the elite/mobile check in was only a few people long…primarily because the normal line crosses in front of it when it’s overflowing. I asked the few people in the regular line near the elite line if they were waiting for that line and they weren’t so I sort of shuffled into it. One of the guys I asked was in a suit and had said no but then he followed me, they need to separate the lines a bit better but I can’t complain since my wait went from 20+ to 2 in front of me.

The front desk did not mention any of the Amex benefits (upgrade and $100 resort credit) or mention status (gold elite via Amex) but whatever, I was tired and wanted to get to room.

Room wasn’t too far from elevator, maybe halfway down hall. 6th floor was nice as not far from lobby floor.

Got my invoice on checkout day and looks like $100 resort credit just came off the resort fees I owed (I prepaid room through Amex). Fabulous. With the $200 annual Amex credit and $100 resort fee credit, this was about $124 cheaper than the lowest AP rate I saw for these three nights which was already quite low ($833 for 3 nights including fees). If it stays on the Amex hotel collection it’ll be a great way for me to use the annual credit.

Some thoughts now that this is my 3rd stay of 2-3 nights at Dolphin since November…
  • Guest-facing workers were very friendly: front desk, Fuel, bell services, all great
  • Bag transfer is great! I have now done both directions (Dolphin to Disney and Disney to Dolphin and both were seamless taking maybe 2-3 hours, just make sure that when going from a Disney hotel they write the specific hotel and not “swan/Dolphin” or you will get a phone call asking which you are going to)
  • Only real downsides for me are bathroom: no fan, small sink space and only one sink, tight squeeze for toilet and door, but shower pressure is fantastic so can’t complain there (my past two rooms the bathroom has smelled like it needs a bit more cleaning product…shower curtain and lack of fan is probably the culprit)
  • Beds are comfier than any Disney resort, love the duvets and pillows are good too
  • Fridge is COLD, much colder than Disney fridges as well
  • Love the free waters, every trip I have always had 4 in room (2 on counter, 2 in fridge)
  • No troubles with Genie+ or LLs, cell service and Wi-Fi is great, sometimes my confirmation # falls off before the trip or around check in but I add it back and it has never fallen off mid-stay
  • It took us nearly 15 minutes to walk from Dolphin to HS and the boats come so often we usually prefer that for HS, usually we walk to Epcot since there are more boat stops
  • They played Disney music in the walkway between Swan and Dolphin, which was not true on my last two trips
This trip I moved from Poly to Dolphin and while the rooms were much nicer at Poly, the Dolphin room was literally half the price. With the Disney values and moderates rocketing up in price (looking at you, Pop and Caribbean Beach!) I can’t imagine I’ll be staying at them anymore as long as Dolphin still gets the perks it current has. My trips seem to rarely line up with evening hours but if you can use those, even more amazing value.

We did get upgraded last year at the Reserve, just as a Lifetime Titanium, not using SNA. It helps that there's such a high percentage of suites at the Reserve, so maybe it'll work for you!
That's my hope! I stayed at the Reserve a year ago - it's really my favorite spot on property as I'm a real hotel snob but when I bring my dog with me, he can't stay so I only get to stay when I get a dog sitter. ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter