• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I have friends (with a 2 and 4 year old) that will be staying at Swan Reserve over Memorial Day weekend. If they drive to the parks, how do they get free parking? They do not have magic bands so they are unsure what they can use to show they are on property? Also, does the Swan Reserve bus run pretty regularly.....every 20 minutes or so? Mostly concerned with MK. Does anyone know when the Swan pool with be completed?
Their key card should do the trick. They should also pick up some hard tickets (guest services at the hotel or park) or get their app all set up so their hotel and tickets are linked together.
The bus runs often but we found that it might be full if it isn't the buses first stop.
We used Minnie Vans recently and they were a fantastic- but $$$- way to get to MK.

Hi! If I have an early flight into Orlando and my room isn't ready yet (likely), am I able to use the resort pool by dropping off my bags etc.? Thank you!!

These hotels seem SO random. Maybe leaning into their appearance is their booking rates ... literally vary over 10x in price one night to the next. I mean same basic room over $2K one night when I have it for <$200 the prior nights. The rate I have literally dropped over 10% in half hour AFTER I booked so I grabbed it and cancelled the first one. Now just looking for that added night for something reasonable. No idea how anyone could genuinely research these hotels for staying there without some special circumstances. Also anyone updating the first post ... the Dolphin Check In is now 4 PM (Checkout still 11 AM). Maybe they have dynamic check in / check out now!?

These hotels seem SO random. Maybe leaning into their appearance is their booking rates ... literally vary over 10x in price one night to the next. I mean same basic room over $2K one night when I have it for <$200 the prior nights. The rate I have literally dropped over 10% in half hour AFTER I booked so I grabbed it and cancelled the first one. Now just looking for that added night for something reasonable. No idea how anyone could genuinely research these hotels for staying there without some special circumstances. Also anyone updating the first post ... the Dolphin Check In is now 4 PM (Checkout still 11 AM). Maybe they have dynamic check in / check out now!?
If you book using your Bonvoy account you should be able to modify the room for the new rate without canceling, it's super easy! I am starting to book at Marriott hotels more frequently and their rates bounce up and down so much. The ridiculous rates (like 1k+) seem like super low inventory due to conferences/events. I imagine those can take hundreds of rooms out of commission and thus they raise the rates on their remaining inventory for the people who don't know any better (or don't care) and fork over a fortune. Looking at the "flexible date" calendar is always interesting to see how the rates vary for each night. Definitely keep checking rates. I have found the best rates to happen a few months prior to the trip (and sometimes in the weeks prior), rates really far out tend to be really high (such as for 2024). But since they change so often, the frequent checker and not the early bird probably gets the worm!

Does anyone have experience taking the Swan and Dolphin buses for early entry? How early before early entry do they arrive at the resort?

Had a lovely stay at SR last week. My SNAs didn’t clear for a suite on this points stay but they upgraded me to an Epcot view on the 14th floor as a Plat. Hotel filled a month or so out suddenly. While I was there I saw it was due to a huge conference spanning all 3 resorts. Big beach party on the last night we could hear from our room so I was glad I brought my white noise machine.

My biggest gripe before was how hard the beds were but they didn’t seem quite as hard this trip. Maybe they’re softening up a touch as they break down lol. Room was in great shape, hotel still looks new, pool was nice but I still really wish they had put a hot tub in at SR. Hotel had to turn the power out for a few hours one night for mandatory testing by the fire dept and I felt they handled it really well. They told us at checkin even though it wasn’t for a few days and gave us a 12 hour glow stick.

Still love breakfast delivered as a Plat.

I look forward to returning someday hopefully in the near future.

Had a lovely stay at SR last week. My SNAs didn’t clear for a suite on this points stay but they upgraded me to an Epcot view on the 14th floor as a Plat. Hotel filled a month or so out suddenly. While I was there I saw it was due to a huge conference spanning all 3 resorts. Big beach party on the last night we could hear from our room so I was glad I brought my white noise machine.

My biggest gripe before was how hard the beds were but they didn’t seem quite as hard this trip. Maybe they’re softening up a touch as they break down lol. Room was in great shape, hotel still looks new, pool was nice but I still really wish they had put a hot tub in at SR. Hotel had to turn the power out for a few hours one night for mandatory testing by the fire dept and I felt they handled it really well. They told us at checkin even though it wasn’t for a few days and gave us a 12 hour glow stick.

Still love breakfast delivered as a Plat.

I look forward to returning someday hopefully in the near future.
Thanks for this review. We are doing our first stay SR stay in December on Titanium points as our go to Yacht Club is way too much money for the week between Christmas and New Years Eve. I have used Suite nights before on non-Disney marriott properites, but didn't see the option for our SR reservation. Could it be too early to put in for them? I wasn't sure if they did them at SR (Disney properties)? Also, you mentioned breakfast delivered? I was wondering if we would get a voucher for breakfast (or $ amount) or how it worked? So excited to hear you were happy with it. We are a bit nervous not staying at a Disney property (hoping we are not going to be let down) but the price of just paying resort fees (using points) versus Yacht Club pricing that week is apples to oranges, so we'll deal.

IF you don't mind me asking, do I just put my Marriott confirmation number into my mde account to link up? I know the reservation has been known to drop. But wasn't sure what number to link.

Any other tips or observations are always welcome. Appreciate your review. :)

Thanks for this review. We are doing our first stay SR stay in December on Titanium points as our go to Yacht Club is way too much money for the week between Christmas and New Years Eve. I have used Suite nights before on non-Disney marriott properites, but didn't see the option for our SR reservation. Could it be too early to put in for them? I wasn't sure if they did them at SR (Disney properties)? Also, you mentioned breakfast delivered? I was wondering if we would get a voucher for breakfast (or $ amount) or how it worked? So excited to hear you were happy with it. We are a bit nervous not staying at a Disney property (hoping we are not going to be let down) but the price of just paying resort fees (using points) versus Yacht Club pricing that week is apples to oranges, so we'll deal.

IF you don't mind me asking, do I just put my Marriott confirmation number into my mde account to link up? I know the reservation has been known to drop. But wasn't sure what number to link.

Any other tips or observations are always welcome. Appreciate your review. :)
SNA: marriott website > my trips > view/modify > under res you should see an add to take an upgrade/start upgrade request. Don't expect it to clear, it's like most other domestic marriott's in that the sna probably won't clear but once in a blue moon they do.

Their breakfast deal for marriott status at SR is a voucher for continental breakfast for 2 people. You either have it delivered to your room or you can do your continental breakfast in the hotel restaurant but space is limited so you have to make a reservation the day before or something for that option. For delivery I ordered online the night before once and called it in the night before for the other days because the online system was having issues. Might also be able to redeem at other Swolphin hotels but I didn't pay much attention as I had no interest in anything besides delivery.

Just put the confirm number into disney to link it. It will periodically drop leading up to your trip. After you check in check again because that is another time it drops. If you want G+/ILLs wake up extra early in case you need to re-link your res that morning.

I too was a disney hotel diehard but the prices drove me elsewhere. I miss being able to charge to my room and my MB opening my hotel room but the status perks and cheaper room that come with Swolphin outweigh that. My sweet spot is a split stay SR/Disney hotel so I get some savings + some full Disney bubble time.

Last edited:
SNA: marriott website > my trips > view/modify > under res you should see an add to take an upgrade/start upgrade request. Don't expect it to clear, it's like most other domestic marriott's in that the sna probably won't clear but once in a blue moon they do.

Their breakfast deal for marriott status at SR is a voucher for continental breakfast for 2 people. You either have it delivered to your room or you can do your continental breakfast in the hotel restaurant but space is limited so you have to make a reservation the day before or something for that option. For delivery I ordered online the night before once and called it in the night before for the other days because the online system was having issues. Might also be able to redeem at other Swolphin hotels but I didn't pay much attention as I had no interest in anything besides delivery.

Just put the confirm number into disney to link it. It will periodically drop leading up to your trip. After you check in check again because that is another time it drops. If you want G+/ILLs wake up extra early in case you need to re-link your res that morning.

I too was a disney hotel diehard but the prices drove me elsewhere. I miss being able to charge to my room and my MB opening my hotel room but the status perks and cheaper room that come with Swolphin outweigh that. My sweet spot is a split stay SR/Disney hotel so I get some savings + some full Disney bubble time.
Thank you. This is super helpful!

My sweet spot is a split stay SR/Disney hotel so I get some savings + some full Disney bubble time.
This is what I am doing with the Dolphin. I can afford a few nights deluxe (renting) but not always a full week especially for solo travel. The fact that S/D/SR transfers bags is so wonderful, we did one unplanned night completely off-property last trip and lost a bit of time (and money for the Uber) moving bags. The AP rate alone has me renewing my AP even if I’m on the fence based on number of visits alone.

For anyone who booked through Amex travel for Swolphin, were all the fees and taxes included in the Amex travel quote or were you hit with "surprise" fees at checkout?

For anyone who booked through Amex travel for Swolphin, were all the fees and taxes included in the Amex travel quote or were you hit with "surprise" fees at checkout?
No surprises, only bill at checkout was resort fees which Amex quoted in the portal but did not bill for. If you get the $100 resort credit from staying minimum two nights with the plat, it will apply towards the resort fees on your invoice.

@splashmt yes you can. Might want to keep pool items in a backpack vs your regular luggage. Leave your luggage with the bell staff and you can pick it up when your room is ready.
Or you can call luggage services when you are in your room and they will bring your luggage to room…you must be in your room to receive your luggage.

We check in Saturday at the Swan and my reservation went from saying 1 King Bed Alcove with 500 sq ft to saying Larger Guest Room 1 King bed 349 sq ft. Is that the same room or did they switch me? Thanks in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter