• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

If you book using your Bonvoy account you should be able to modify the room for the new rate without canceling, it's super easy! I am starting to book at Marriott hotels more frequently and their rates bounce up and down so much. The ridiculous rates (like 1k+) seem like super low inventory due to conferences/events. I imagine those can take hundreds of rooms out of commission and thus they raise the rates on their remaining inventory for the people who don't know any better (or don't care) and fork over a fortune. Looking at the "flexible date" calendar is always interesting to see how the rates vary for each night. Definitely keep checking rates. I have found the best rates to happen a few months prior to the trip (and sometimes in the weeks prior), rates really far out tend to be really high (such as for 2024). But since they change so often, the frequent checker and not the early bird probably gets the worm!
Followup on original post ... Saw the night I wanted available for reasonable price but system would not let me reserve it. Same for 2 calls to Bonvoy. Finally called hotel and tried the in-houe reservations. They were really helpful and got me the room for the added night. Said plenty of rooms so not sure what was going on.

I just booked out first stay at the Dolphin an hour ago or so. Couple questions about linking the reservation. I just use the link a reservation button on MDE? How long has it been taking to be able to link it? Website says May take 72 hours, has it really been taking that long? I have 2 guests listed, reservation is in my name. How do I add my DH’s name so I can make his park reservation? Thanks for your help!

Does anyone know if you can get the king bed with pull out couch + tub in the bathroom combo?

Our reservation via Costco Travel said "Dolphin Resort-View Room - Complimentary upgrade from Traditional Room." I don't know what that means. Which room might this be? Also, as a Bonvoy member, might I still access upgraded rooms? I haven't had much luck linking my reservation to my Disney account, nor getting in touch with anyone at Dolphin =/

I just booked out first stay at the Dolphin an hour ago or so. Couple questions about linking the reservation. I just use the link a reservation button on MDE? How long has it been taking to be able to link it? Website says May take 72 hours, has it really been taking that long? I have 2 guests listed, reservation is in my name. How do I add my DH’s name so I can make his park reservation? Thanks for your help!
I was recently informed that once the trip is fully paid for you get an updated reservation with a code that starts with a 9 or a 6, and THAT is the number you can add to your account. Please lmk if that works for you, because I'm running into the same issue!

UPDATE: I got in without a different number! My reservation successfully linked after 7 days.

7 days! Jeez, my trip in in 2 weeks, hope it doesn’t take that long, I want to make park reservations . Luckily we’re APs so I can make them with those if I have to, but will need to link for ILL & genie+.

I was recently informed that once the trip is fully paid for you get an updated reservation with a code

They did take most of the total for a deposit, just about $145 unpaid, but I assume that will be charged at check in. So wonder when they’d send that?

Edit, I see you booked your trip thru Costco. I booked mine directly with the hotel. So maybe it is different.

Is it really possible that there are only 1-2 room types left at Dolphin or Swan for next Feb (13-19)? I know part of it includes Pres. Day weekend but pickings are so slim.

Quoting myself…

Checked again just now, I was able to link my reservation & list the names of the guests. So just about 8 hours from when I made the reservation.

Are the buses supposed to drop off at the gate or at TTC? Ours dropped us at TTC and I wasn't expecting that. We've only stayed at Disney resorts so I just assumed it was the same.

Are the buses supposed to drop off at the gate or at TTC? Ours dropped us at TTC and I wasn't expecting that. We've only stayed at Disney resorts so I just assumed it was the same.
Post opening after the shutdowns, S/D/R has not used actual Disney buses. They do drop at the TTC. You can walk over to the BW and use a Disney bus to be dropped at the normal park bus hub.

Is it really possible that there are only 1-2 room types left at Dolphin or Swan for next Feb (13-19)? I know part of it includes Pres. Day weekend but pickings are so slim.
Yes.

If there is a convention overlapping any of that the hotel can even become sold out. If you have your eye on something that’s ok I’d book refundable now and change/cancel later.

BUT there was a recent report of availability not showing online so you might be best off to call their in house reservations.

Last edited:
At all parks and Disney Springs you’ll be dropped in the general hotel bus area (I like it better than Disney’s at AK actually) since they are not Disney buses. Disney Springs is a completely different area from Disney buses so depending on plans might want to Uber or Minnie Van for that.

Yes.

If there is a convention overlapping any of that the hotel can even become sold out. If you have your eye on something that’s ok I’d book refundable now and change/cancel later.

BUT there was a recent report of availability not showing online so you might be best off to call their in house reservations.
Is there a way to find out about conferences? I wasn't having much luck finding a current one.
eta- finally found a useful link and there is a conference (Florida Bar association). I might grab what I can now and just keep checking back. The only 2 things left are "limited view" I asked up thread what that might mean but no reply. I guess I'll take my chances. And, for the price, I might do just as well at Boardwalk or YC/BC when those dates finally get released.

Last edited:
Is there a way to find out about conferences? I wasn't having much luck finding a current one.
eta- finally found a useful link and there is a conference (Florida Bar association). I might grab what I can now and just keep checking back. The only 2 things left are "limited view" I asked up thread what that might mean but no reply. I guess I'll take my chances. And, for the price, I might do just as well at Boardwalk or YC/BC when those dates finally get released.
Don’t think so. I never did figure out the conf for my trip until I was there and saw their signs.

If the price is practically Disney I’d Disney too and keep an eye on Swolphin closer in.

There is an app for the iPhone (probably droid too) called 10times - its about the only semi reliable conference source I've found, but it's a bit of a challenge to navigate.

Limited view is just that, you're not going to see much - maybe roof tops, maybe worse. But you know going into the room not to expect a part, resort or fireworks view.

There is an app for the iPhone (probably droid too) called 10times - its about the only semi reliable conference source I've found, but it's a bit of a challenge to navigate.

Limited view is just that, you're not going to see much - maybe roof tops, maybe worse. But you know going into the room not to expect a part, resort or fireworks view.
I found a helpful calendar yesterday but can't seem to find it now. But, confirmed that there is a conference. I decided to book an alcove room with balcony at Swan because it doesn't say "limited view". Hopefully it has a decent view of something. :) Will keep an eye on availability there, Dolphin and neighboring Disney properties when that gets released.

Just checked in, Swan rooms seemed used and abused compared to Dolphin. Are they all like that or just the one we’re assigned?

We were “upgraded” to a 1 bedroom suite in the corner of the 4th floor East. It’s a King room and a corner room connected in a corner, hardly any window light can get in. The faucets are wobbly, doors have huge chunks out of them, dirty mix-matched light covers. It’s not the end of the world, just seems used and abused after staying at the Dolphin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter