Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Just checked in, Swan rooms seemed used and abused compared to Dolphin. Are they all like that or just the one we’re assigned?

We were “upgraded” to a 1 bedroom suite in the corner of the 4th floor East. It’s a King room and a corner room connected in a corner, hardly any window light can get in. The faucets are wobbly, doors have huge chunks out of them, dirty mix-matched light covers. It’s not the end of the world, just seems used and abused after staying at the Dolphin.
I think it tends to be dependent on the room you're assigned. We stayed there in May and everything seemed fine. Then when we went in December the room seemed rundown and tired....still a great location and a great resort though...

Do the Swan/Dolphin still offer booking for a combo of cash and points, or was that Starwood? I can't seem to find it, and I'm guessing that it isn't something that Bonvoy has.

Just checked in, Swan rooms seemed used and abused compared to Dolphin. Are they all like that or just the one we’re assigned?

We were “upgraded” to a 1 bedroom suite in the corner of the 4th floor East. It’s a King room and a corner room connected in a corner, hardly any window light can get in. The faucets are wobbly, doors have huge chunks out of them, dirty mix-matched light covers. It’s not the end of the world, just seems used and abused after staying at the Dolphin.
It’s hit or miss. I had a couple beat up rooms, 1 good one and 1 so unacceptable I requested a new one (I figured I’d cut my feet with how much the tub was peeling and I was worried about all the cracking tile around said tub) and the front desk told me my bad room wasn’t even supposed to be in circulation 🙄 Which told me their rooms are not all in similar shape.

It’s hit or miss. I had a couple beat up rooms, 1 good one and 1 so unacceptable I requested a new one (I figured I’d cut my feet with how much the tub was peeling and I was worried about all the cracking tile around said tub) and the front desk told me my bad room wasn’t even supposed to be in circulation 🙄 Which told me their rooms are not all in similar shape.
Interesting, glad to know they are not all in this shape. Thanks to all for the feedback.

Caution to others on the East wing 4th floor executive suite….it’s in need of some TLC.

Can’t beat the location and size of room though:)

Does it feel safe walking to Swan Reserve from Epcot at night? How busy is the road separating SR from S/D?

Thank you!

Does it feel safe walking to Swan Reserve from Epcot at night? How busy is the road separating SR from S/D?

Thank you!
Haven't stayed at the Reserve yet but I will say the walk from Epcot to the Swan feels real safe. There is one spot on the walk to the Dolphin that I'm not a fan of. After you leave YC there is a little access road to your right then a little patch of wooded area and the rear staff entrance to Dolphin. Walking by the wooded area as a solo woman kind of creeps me out. I sometimes will take the long way and cross the bridge before I get there and go over that and then back through the walk way that goes between the Swan and Dolphin. It might not even be longer if you take into account that the pathway around the Dolphin actually winds through a couple of buildings before you get to the fountain entrance. The last two times I was there, the pathway all around the Dolphin did not have it's little lights on, which did not help in the that wooded area.

Haven't stayed at the Reserve yet but I will say the walk from Epcot to the Swan feels real safe. There is one spot on the walk to the Dolphin that I'm not a fan of. After you leave YC there is a little access road to your right then a little patch of wooded area and the rear staff entrance to Dolphin. Walking by the wooded area as a solo woman kind of creeps me out. I sometimes will take the long way and cross the bridge before I get there and go over that and then back through the walk way that goes between the Swan and Dolphin. It might not even be longer if you take into account that the pathway around the Dolphin actually winds through a couple of buildings before you get to the fountain entrance. The last two times I was there, the pathway all around the Dolphin did not have it's little lights on, which did not help in the that wooded area.
Thank you for this information. Do you think it would feel safer if I take the boat to Swan, then walk to SR?

Thank you!
Agree - it feels very safe making that walk back to SR. It'll be lit, there will be people walking back with you, and the crosswalk is very safe. We've stayed at BC and done dinner at Amare later in the evening a couple times - never felt uncomfortable with the walk.

I always take the bridge and enter Dolphin from the walkway between the Swan/Dolphin too. Basically stay by the water until you get to the bridge by S/D no need to use the boat (though I jump on if it’s docked). Feels completely safe at night since everything is well lit and open. Certainly feels way more safe to me than walking to my room in the back sections of the sprawling moderates such as POR, Coronado, etc. There’s almost always people around so

Do the Swan/Dolphin still offer booking for a combo of cash and points, or was that Starwood? I can't seem to find it, and I'm guessing that it isn't something that Bonvoy has.
Sadly it appears to be fully gone now. Was a great way to extend number of nights at a reasonable cost. I burned up the last of my Bonvoy points for our trip to Hawaii, had to buy a few extra points.

Sadly it appears to be fully gone now. Was a great way to extend number of nights at a reasonable cost. I burned up the last of my Bonvoy points for our trip to Hawaii, had to buy a few extra points.
When I look at a room rate using points, there's a "Customize Payments" option which lets you select nights that you'r like to pay cash for instead of points. Is that what you're talking about?

It’s on a hotel/room/availability basis - it may pop up for some rooms and not for others, or may not be available at all.. In the member benefit information, they list it as a “Cash + Points” benefit at all membership levels.

Last edited:
It’s on a hotel basis - some allow it, some don’t. In the member benefit information, they list it as a “Cash + Points” benefit at all membership levels. I don’t think it’s an option at the Swan/Dolphin.
I see it on the Swan, checking for some April dates.

Ah - I see how it works now. There may or may not be rooms available with a points+cash payment. In the app, you have to enable Points Redemption. Then when you look at the points rates for the room, it will show the points+cash amount (if available), and the points amount. If there’s no points+cash offer, it just won’t show up.

I haven’t been able to find any dates at the Swan where it appeared, but at the JW Marriot, I saw it appear. For that JW stay, some rooms showed the option, and the others didn’t, so it’s not just at the resort or date level, it appears much more granular.

Here’s a link for more info : https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22190

Here’s an example of 1 room with, and one room without the option.

Attachments

• 8986B474-6244-480E-94C9-3EC66077FB6C.png
    8986B474-6244-480E-94C9-3EC66077FB6C.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Thank you!
As a solo traveler, I felt safe walking back to the Swan Reserve in the evening from the Friendship boat dock. The area was well lighted and there were others in the area. You can walk the main walkway by the Swan lap pool or you could walk inside the Swan and come out near the lap pool. It is a short walk by the outdoor bar and hot tub. Plus, the walking path and crosswalk to the Swan Reserve is well lighted and operates on a traffic light. I felt safe walking back in the evenings. The Swan Reserve is a lovely, adult oriented hotel and perfect for a solo trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter