Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hey Swolphin fans, got a question on having two rooms (directly) booked under the passholder discount -- been a while :scared:

Basically -- we are two couples: DH and I (both AP), and a couple we're friends with (not AP). The idea is each couple gets their own room. We booked 2 rooms for the four of us using the AP discount, through my husband's Bonvoy account.

Right now DH is listed as the "lead" guest (actually is listed as the only guest with a name) on both reservations. Reservation #1 is linked to our MDE, no issue, just me/DH. Reservation #2 is for our friends. They have their own, separate MDE.

To make things work with linking to MDE so they can book park reservations etc., and with respect to showing APs at checkin, do we need to...
1) Change the lead guest name on Reservation #2 to one of our friends, so when they link to their MDE, they can match names correctly? (Does that even matter? I think they can just select their profiles when linking, even though it shows my husband's name?)
2) Put one AP (me) on Reservation #2 as the lead guest? Something like: me + friend one, and DH + friend two on the reservations. Or can DH just check in for both rooms showing his AP?

Any other considerations?? At first I thought we'd just change the lead guest name on the second room reservation, but I wasn't totally sure if this would mean they'd lose the AP discount when checking in.

Thanks in advance!!

Hey all,

I have my 8 digit Marriott confirmation number and it's been almost a week since I booked the Swan and MDE still isn't recognizing it. I tried it with a 0 before the number and still nothing. I do currently have a Disney hotel stay right after I check out of Swan that IS in MDE already since I purchased straight through Disney. Would that cause an issue?

Hey all,

I have my 8 digit Marriott confirmation number and it's been almost a week since I booked the Swan and MDE still isn't recognizing it. I tried it with a 0 before the number and still nothing. I do currently have a Disney hotel stay right after I check out of Swan that IS in MDE already since I purchased straight through Disney. Would that cause an issue?
We have a disney hotel stay right after we check out of the Swan.
I was able to call the Swan at 407-934-4000, in house reservations and press 3 for suites and they were able to give me the reservation number for MDE.

Last edited:
Hey Swolphin fans, got a question on having two rooms (directly) booked under the passholder discount -- been a while :scared:

Basically -- we are two couples: DH and I (both AP), and a couple we're friends with (not AP). The idea is each couple gets their own room. We booked 2 rooms for the four of us using the AP discount, through my husband's Bonvoy account.

Right now DH is listed as the "lead" guest (actually is listed as the only guest with a name) on both reservations. Reservation #1 is linked to our MDE, no issue, just me/DH. Reservation #2 is for our friends. They have their own, separate MDE.

To make things work with linking to MDE so they can book park reservations etc., and with respect to showing APs at checkin, do we need to...
1) Change the lead guest name on Reservation #2 to one of our friends, so when they link to their MDE, they can match names correctly? (Does that even matter? I think they can just select their profiles when linking, even though it shows my husband's name?)
2) Put one AP (me) on Reservation #2 as the lead guest? Something like: me + friend one, and DH + friend two on the reservations. Or can DH just check in for both rooms showing his AP?

Any other considerations?? At first I thought we'd just change the lead guest name on the second room reservation, but I wasn't totally sure if this would mean they'd lose the AP discount when checking in.

Thanks in advance!!
We booked a package through Disney and staying at the Swan and do not have an AP. I had to contact Disney to get Park Planning Passes to be able to reserve parks before we get to Disney and get our tickets. These passes do not get you into the park but just give you the opportunity to make park reservations.

Staying at the Dolphin and I'm looking for maps of the BEST (most efficient) walking paths between the Dolphin and Epcot/Hollywood Studios. I've tried Googling but haven't found anything that's super clear.

If someone could link to a previous post or outside link of a map that's super clear that would be great.

My brain works better when I can see a map as opposed to directions - Thanks!

Ah - I see how it works now. There may or may not be rooms available with a points+cash payment. In the app, you have to enable Points Redemption. Then when you look at the points rates for the room, it will show the points+cash amount (if available), and the points amount. If there’s no points+cash offer, it just won’t show up.

I haven’t been able to find any dates at the Swan where it appeared, but at the JW Marriot, I saw it appear. For that JW stay, some rooms showed the option, and the others didn’t, so it’s not just at the resort or date level, it appears much more granular.

Here’s a link for more info : https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22190

Here’s an example of 1 room with, and one room without the option.
Thanks for this. Very helpful!

We have a disney hotel stay right after we check out of the Swan.
I was able to call the Swan at 407-934-4000 and press 3 for suites and they were able to give me the reservation number for MDE.
So the 8 digit reservation number through swan isn't the right number? They gave you a different one? Because I called them last night and that's the only number they had. I did this last year and it worked fine so odd it's nit working this year. But at least you cleared up that having another hotel stay right after is not the issue. Thank you.

Staying at the Dolphin and I'm looking for maps of the BEST (most efficient) walking paths between the Dolphin and Epcot/Hollywood Studios. I've tried Googling but haven't found anything that's super clear.

If someone could link to a previous post or outside link of a map that's super clear that would be great.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/maps-by-robo-wdw-places-how-to-get-there.3545729/post-56460969

Here's a good guide, reposting the picture below. There's also a sidewalk you can sorta see on maps on the Swan side to walk to HS that involves crossing a bridge, it may save a couple of minutes from Swan but from Dolphin I always stick to the Boardwalk side (turquoise to orange to pink) when going to HS. Epcot takes me about 15 minutes from Dolphin, HS takes a bit longer, maybe 20 minutes? I prefer taking the boat to HS since it's the first stop.
DHS-Epcot-All_012311.jpg

https://www.disboards.com/threads/maps-by-robo-wdw-places-how-to-get-there.3545729/post-56460969

Here's a good guide, reposting the picture below. There's also a sidewalk you can sorta see on maps on the Swan side to walk to HS that involves crossing a bridge, it may save a couple of minutes from Swan but from Dolphin I always stick to the Boardwalk side (turquoise to orange to pink) when going to HS. Epcot takes me about 15 minutes from Dolphin, HS takes a bit longer, maybe 20 minutes? I prefer taking the boat to HS since it's the first stop.
DHS-Epcot-All_012311.jpg
I think the Swan path people reference is along the lake side of the Swan there is a sidewalk. Just before you get to the big highway bridge there is a path that takes you up to the highway bridge. You cross the bridge back toward the BW side. There is a path that will take you back down to the BW path (the purple one). I'm not sure how much time this would save you other than you don't have to walk through the Swan to the back part that will take you over the bridge to BW and through that path.

Does it feel safe walking to Swan Reserve from Epcot at night? How busy is the road separating SR from S/D?

Thank you!
I have stayed solo at SR. I felt safe late at night walking from the Boat to SR across the road. Paths are lit and there are still people around. When I was at DHS later than the boats were running I took a rideshare back to SR.

So the 8 digit reservation number through swan isn't the right number? They gave you a different one? Because I called them last night and that's the only number they had. I did this last year and it worked fine so odd it's nit working this year. But at least you cleared up that having another hotel stay right after is not the issue. Thank you.
They provided me with an 8 digit reservation number and I entered it in MDE and it linked the reservation.

DHS-Epcot-All_012311.jpg
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

Just checked in, Swan rooms seemed used and abused compared to Dolphin. Are they all like that or just the one we’re assigned?

We were “upgraded” to a 1 bedroom suite in the corner of the 4th floor East. It’s a King room and a corner room connected in a corner, hardly any window light can get in. The faucets are wobbly, doors have huge chunks out of them, dirty mix-matched light covers. It’s not the end of the world, just seems used and abused after staying at the Dolphin.
I think the rooms at both swan and dolphin are hit or miss with how beat up they are. We had rooms at both resorts that are nicer and some that are hurting for some paint and TLC. Our worst room experience was Dolphin when we had some issues with our bathroom fan not working and a roach. I agree, not end of the world issues but the hotel is not as fresh and clean feeling as some others around WDW. I think the last major refurb was 2017 so it's likely these rooms will start looking dull.

Google maps is your friend here. Just zoom in on the map in satellite mode, you can even select walking directions from DHS to Dolphin and it will highlight your path, distance and estimated time. The paths are nice and wide and are clearly marked. Another good resource is https://magicguides.com/disney-world-transportation-map/ for estimated travel time around WDW. ETA, there is a path on the swan/dolphin side of the water across from the Boardwalk. It may or may not come up but the paths are clearly marked and you can't get lost.

Last edited:
I think the rooms at both swan and dolphin are hit or miss with how beat up they are. We had rooms at both resorts that are nicer and some that are hurting for some paint and TLC. Our worst room experience was Dolphin when we had some issues with our bathroom fan not working and a roach. I agree, not end of the world issues but the hotel is not as fresh and clean feeling as some others around WDW. I think the last major refurb was 2017 so it's likely these rooms will start looking dull.
If you want a guaranteed new room - then the reserve i think is the way to go. Felt very fresh and modern. Swan was more expensive and Dolphin was cheaper during our stay. It just depends on what convention is on at what time i think

If you want a guaranteed new room - then the reserve i think is the way to go. Felt very fresh and modern. Swan was more expensive and Dolphin was cheaper during our stay. It just depends on what convention is on at what time i think
100% agreed, the rooms there look beautiful. Our last several stays the SR was way out of our budget. The last few times I looked, the SR prices do seem to be coming down some. We looked at it for our trip later this summer but the 35% disney room discount could not be beat.

There's a Youtube video of someone walking from Swan to HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter