Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I think you walk out of the Swan and use sidewalk walking left side past the pool bar and past the pool . Quick walk and signs to the street .
I don’t recall seeing a light for crosswalk . Maybe they have installed one
It is right next to the Fantasia Golf Course. I really don’t remember seeing a crossing light . There must be at least a marked crosswalk with a flashing pedestrian light . I didn’t actually walk across the street. sorry

I recently called the Swan and asked for the Annual Pass rate for NYE and saved over $300 ! I could not believe it.
Keep checking for discount !

For those who have stayed at the Reserve:
a) when you walk out of the lobby is the crosswalk to cross the street to the Swan right in front of you?
b) is it rather easy to cross? Meaning does the light change quickly enough/is there minimal traffic
c) where do you end up specifically when you land across the street? Which part of the Swan are you at?
Yes, it would be in front of you.
Earlier posts here say it changes quickly when you push the button.
You wind up just to the right of the large Grotto pool/beach area.

Noted about the area behind the Grotto. We travel light to the pools, and only bring a small cooler bag with a few drinks, and a few pool toys. I actually like that mist - but I can see how others would not, and yes, the ground will have wet spots. I actually had a pretty bad slip walking back to the room in a fantastically crazy storm - not behind the grotto, but on the walkway outside of the entrance near the Dolphin gym. One of the hotel guests actually came out of their room through their sliding doors to see if I needed help. I'm not old or brittle, either. I just had old flip flops that had NO grip left on the bottom, and I had the cooler bag, an open can and a few towels. I was just not thinking, and walking quickly in an almost blinding downpour. Anyway, it was such a bad fall I was sure I was going to be in an er for tearing something. My wife ran out of our room's sliding door, too. That was my "pixie dust" for that trip - just a few small scratches. Back to the other point of foot traffic for the bathrooms behind the grotto. We've only gone in very early November - usually we're the only ppl there.

And also @Dan Murphy -
In general, yes, the pools can be equidistant from rooms in either hotel, and they are shared amenities. But if anyone wants to be closest to the pool complex, the row of rooms at the Dolphin, which I believe are 1300 series, are where I would assume are the closest. I worded it poorly upthread. I like the Swan room cfg better, but for convenience of the pools, which is more important to me, those specific Dolphin rooms are my choice. I realized about 3 days into my first Swan stay, that walking across the way to get to those pools got old. Now, that could have just as easily happened if I was at Dolphin in a room further away from the pools. But, we stayed at Dolphin, and asked the concierge to give us options closest to the pools, and he asked a few questions about possible pool noise from people, and grotto waterfall noise. Then he seemed pretty enthusiastic about getting us into one of those 1300 series rooms with sliding doors and a patio just a few steps from the walkway that leads to the pools. For us - best room ever.
Hi!

I currently have a larger alcove doubles room connected to a king with sofa bed room at the Dolphin for my family of 5 (3 kids aged 16, 14, and 9) and senior parents for 2 nights later this month (April 2023).

The Swan seems to have a resort view deluxe king suite with a sofa bed and a king available at prices that are lower, so I’m wondering if I switched to that (as I think someone told me it’s a king-king connector there), if my price would ge lower and we might have a better chance for a short walk to the Grotto (and the friendship boats and walkway to EP and HS-or are those not near the Grotto)?

Can I specifically request the west wing or 1300s at the Dolphin,’? Are those rooms also closer access to walk to EP/HS and the boat launch to them? How close are they to the lobby?

Are the alcoves all very far away? When I called and asked, the front desk person said my rooms were very close to elevators and lobby and he thinks I’ll be glad, but he can’t tell me room numbers.

Should I call and ask not to be in the East wing?

We hope to rope drop EP (or maybe HS if we spend more on PH passes) early Monday, come back to have a a Fuel sandwich or something by the pool for brunch or lunch/early dinner? and a little time there, then head back to EP for ext. evening hours.

The next day is our last, and maybe we will not feel the need to rope drop or will still come back though checked out to use the pool and showers before finishing off our last park day and driving to the airport for a 10:50 pm flight.

Please let me know. Thank you!

Last edited:
It's been a little while since I've stayed at the Swan, but have a spur of the moment trip planned for next week. Do they have wall mounted shampoo, etc. in the bath or do they still have those tiny little individual bottles? Thanks!

a) when you walk out of the lobby is the crosswalk to cross the street to the Swan right in front of you?
b) is it rather easy to cross? Meaning does the light change quickly enough/is there minimal traffic
c) where do you end up specifically when you land across the street? Which part of the Swan are you at?
To answer your questions:
A) Yes, actually you will either take the elevator to the first floor or use the escalators down to the main floor. You exit the building and it is a short walk to the crosswalk.
B) The traffic light does not take very long to change to a cross indicator, but the traffic is not minimal. Not a very busy street, but there is traffic
C) You land at a walkway with nice landscaping that either goes to the Dolphin pool or goes by the beach playground and Swan hot tub.
The Swan Reserve is lovely and it is very easy to walk across the street to get to the Swan/Dolphin and the Friendship boat launch. It is not as convenient as the Swan or Dolphin, but the staff and the room amenities are in my opinion, a little nicer than the other resorts.

It's been a little while since I've stayed at the Swan, but have a spur of the moment trip planned for next week. Do they have wall mounted shampoo, etc. in the bath or do they still have those tiny little individual bottles? Thanks!
I believe it is wall mounted shampoo at the Swan. The Dolphin had the small bottles last May.

It's right there as you step out of the hotel.

It's very easy to cross. I'm a nervous crosser since I was in a pedestrian auto accident and it felt very safe. There were a couple people crossing with us who seemed less mobile and they were able to cross well before the walk sign changed.

When I was considering where to stay I did some Youtube research to see what the walk to Epcot would be like and here are a couple Youtube vids that popped up. You can just pop them into Youtube and they should show up:

The end of this video shows the crosswalk from Reserve:
Florida TV - Swan Reserve Walt Disney World Hotel Walking Tour HD

The walk to Epcot/Hollywood Studios:
The Maine Mouse - Walking to Epcot from The Swan and Dolphin Resort - Scenic Walking Tour in Disney World
Escape Right Travel - Walking Pathway from Swan Reserve (and Swan) to Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Hopefully that helps!

DH and I are staying at the Swan in June. 3rd Disney World trip, 1st without the kids!

We booked the Swan on DH's Marriot points. How do I get the reservation in the Disney system so we can take advantage of the 60+ days?

DH and I are staying at the Swan in June. 3rd Disney World trip, 1st without the kids!

We booked the Swan on DH's Marriot points. How do I get the reservation in the Disney system so we can take advantage of the 60+ days?
There should be a confirmation # in the email you received. Go into MDE and your plans and put that number in. It usually takes at least 24 hours for that number to actually work so don't even try it until at least then.

You can go to MDE (log in on the disneygo site), click on link a reservation, and put in the reservation number, but it might take a day or two to show up. I booked through Marriott, and, while this number didn’t show up the day I booked, it did 1-2 days later. :-)

Hi!

I currently have a larger alcove doubles room connected to a king with sofa bed room at the Dolphin for my family of 5 (3 kids aged 16, 14, and 9) and senior parents for 2 nights later this month (April 2023).

The Swan seems to have a resort view deluxe king suite with a sofa bed and a king available at prices that are lower, so I’m wondering if I switched to that (as I think someone told me it’s a king-king connector there), if my price would ge lower and we might have a better chance for a short walk to the Grotto (and the friendship boats and walkway to EP and HS-or are those not near the Grotto)?

Can I specifically request the west wing or 1300s at the Dolphin,’? Are those rooms also closer access to walk to EP/HS and the boat launch to them? How close are they to the lobby?

Are the alcoves all very far away? When I called and asked, the front desk person said my rooms were very close to elevators and lobby and he thinks I’ll be glad, but he can’t tell me room numbers.

Should I call and ask not to be in the East wing?

We hope to rope drop EP (or maybe HS if we spend more on PH passes) early Monday, come back to have a a Fuel sandwich or something by the pool for brunch or lunch/early dinner? and a little time there, then head back to EP for ext. evening hours.

The next day is our last, and maybe we will not feel the need to rope drop or will still come back though checked out to use the pool and showers before finishing off our last park day and driving to the airport for a 10:50 pm flight.

Please let me know. Thank you!

You've got a decent amount of concerns here, and I know absolutely nothing about the alcove rooms. Here's what I'd do if I were you: call the resort, and ask to speak with a concierge. I know me, so I'd have my list of questions written down first, so I could go over them and not forget anything.

From the Swan to MCO…
How long before a flight should you leave to the airport?
Using Uber for a 7:30pm flight.
Thanks for advice!

I want to report back that there was no cost for a late checkout at the Swan.
Is this for everyone at noon instead of 11 ?
Can I stay til 4 ? Haha
Marriott or Westin credit card membership ?
Occasionally some resorts will extend but have to call front desk early morn day of departure for limited availability / approval .

Is this for everyone at noon instead of 11 ?
Can I stay til 4 ? Haha
Marriott or Westin credit card membership ?
Occasionally some resorts will extend but have to call front desk early morn day of departure for limited availability / approval .
I asked the night before and they said they could do noon. I do not have a Marriott or Westin credit card membership.

Are the buses reliable for early entry?
I would like to report back that I did not try the buses for early entry as I had no information on whether they were reliable. They only day we used the bus to go to Animal Kingdom for early entry, we walked over to the Boardwalk and caught the bus there.

We did take the bus back to Animal Kingdom from the Swan at suppertime and from AK back to the Swan about an hour after park close and the buses arrived quickly. They were comfortable Mears buses with cloth seats. The bus that left after park close was from the parking lot and there was a gentleman there ensuring that everyone got on the correct bus. It was very quick service as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter