Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

How many rooms can be booked at the AP rate? My husband and I both have APs, but booking two rooms so my son and his friend have their own, but they don't have APs. Will this be a problem if we all check in together?
Technically the reservations should be in your name. I think the max is 2 so 2 rooms in your name and one in your husbands.

Best option is to call the hotel. They'll add an extra person to what's reported to Disney so everyone can link to DME.

Alternatively book on Marriott site. Book a reservation with 2 rooms.

Last edited:
I’d be interested in knowing the answer to this too 😊
To the lobby, I think a long walk or a very long walk.

People who need a close room, someone who uses a scooter but would rather not use it in the hotel for example, probably need to make close to the lobby or elevator their only request. Dowgrade room category if necessary.

Last edited:
Early and late hours are the same as Boardwalk. Transportation from the Swan is no longer on a Disney bus, and that matters for the Magic Kingdom. She would be dropped off at the Ticket and Trans. Center. It would be easy for her to walk over to Boardwalk and take the bus with you.
Perfect. That's what I was assuming. Even if I wasn't staying at Boardwalk, there's nothing stopping someone staying at Swan to walk over to boardwalk transportation, correct?

Perfect. That's what I was assuming. Even if I wasn't staying at Boardwalk, there's nothing stopping someone staying at Swan to walk over to boardwalk transportation, correct?
As Tess said, that's correct. I do it when I stay at the Swan or Dolphin, but only for MK. The S/D bus to Animal Kingdom drops off and picks up at a convenient spot near the ride shares. If she wants to ride the bus with you to AK, it's fine for her to go to Boardwalk.

Resort fees will be included automatically on quotes from Marriott’s website later this month. Link.
So that means when I checkmark "Show Rates with Taxes and Fees" right now; the resort fee still isn't included?
I know about the parking fee, and I would have to pay that because I always drive south. And I'm sure that's not included because they have no way to know if you're going to have a car.

Just trying to make sure that my math is right, it's the Swan vs. Coronado Springs for a week in the 2nd half of June.

Last edited:

So that means when I checkmark "Show Rates with Taxes and Fees" right now; the resort fee still isn't included?
I know about the parking fee, and I would have to pay that because I always drive south. And I'm sure that's not included because they have no way to know if you're going to have a car.

Just trying to make sure that my math is right, it's the Swan vs. Coronado Springs for a week in the 2nd half of June.
In my experience after checking that checkbox resort fees are also included in the total.

Show rates with fees includes the resort fee.

Currently: when you click that button it shows the rate with resort fees and taxes, no parking fees are included as they are not part of the resort fee or taxes

“Later this month”- button may not even exist or if it does it will only be for taxes

Last edited:
Speaking of the walk from the hotel room being a wild card…..do you have any knowledge of where the ‘firework view, guest room, 2 doubles, resort view, balcony’ would be? What kind of walk that might be?
So your walk at dolphin is based on elevator distance. We really aren't in our room enough to care about views but I do know from reading these posts over the years that the rooms that end in '15' have the best views with less obstruction. ie 8015, 7015, 4015, 3015...but again I've not stayed in them and I would imagine some are two doubles, some may be kings, etc. I've never tried to request an exact room at S/D so I'm not even sure you can do that. I will say we last stayed in the main triangle, 9th floor, end of hall/furthest from elevator on our last trip and it was may be a 5 min walk to the boats from the room, door to door.

Think well have to wait for their next room renovation project to see Keurig's and Swan and Dolphin.

Last big renovation (water-themed) was completed back in 2017.... so things are starting to show their age or a little wear and tear. And as a convention resort a Keurig is one of those simple upgrades that would go a long way to improving the guest experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter