• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We are going to WDW Oct 15-20th, and looking at prices the Swan/Dolphin/Reserve are all over 1500 a night. Is there a big convention happening there during this time? Ive never seen rooms there that high. Prices at the Disney resorts dont seem inflated that week. Anyone have any idea why they are asking so much?

We are going to WDW Oct 15-20th, and looking at prices the Swan/Dolphin/Reserve are all over 1500 a night. Is there a big convention happening there during this time? Ive never seen rooms there that high. Prices at the Disney resorts dont seem inflated that week. Anyone have any idea why they are asking so much?

It's usually an indication that inventory is low, and that likly there is a convention going on for some of those days.

I know the trip we just took, when I first check about two months out... one night was over $1,500 as well, and then it became unavailable. But about a month out the price dropped down to about $300 and I was able to add it. In the end about two weeks out it fell to as low as $220 and I rebooked. But you can't really count on that happening.

I Booked rooms for Jan 7 - 13 of next year back in Feb of this year, last time I check some of those dates are either unavailable or over $1,500 as well.

Supply and demand...

I booked a Dolphin PH rate room in early March for our early Dec trip, and the rate was 428 with tax and fees. Today it's 1067. So glad I got it early!

October 16 has been sold out for quite a while (I’ve been stalking that date as it’s our anniversary). Often, these super high rates for regular rooms can’t really be booked and signify that rooms aren’t available. Probably a convention is holding rooms. Sometimes, they give the rooms back and they will appear at more normal rates.

I booked just one night, 10/20, several months ago. With my Marriott senior rate, a balcony with a resort view was $300ish. So, I do think it’s inventory.

Last edited:

We are going to WDW Oct 15-20th, and looking at prices the Swan/Dolphin/Reserve are all over 1500 a night. Is there a big convention happening there during this time? Ive never seen rooms there that high.
Inventory is limited due to the Gartner IT Symposium / Xpo, Oct. 16-19. The host hotels are the Swan and Dolphin Convention Center. Attendees will be all around Crescent Lake including YC / BC and BW.

Dave

Do the rooms at Swan have keurig's yet? Or still the pods? Thanks.
I called to ask what type of coffee maker so I could see about getting pods/kups/pillows that I prefer and was told that they have their own brand and they are not compatible with any type of commercial pod on the market.

I find that had to believe but if true then how is their coffee?

My coffee at home uses kcups and I usually drink a generic organic medium brew or the McDs breakfast or medium, so while I’m not a coffee snob I do have some preferences.

If anyone can chime in on the quality of their blend or suggest what can be used in thier pots, I’d appreciate it.

Coffee is a dark Starbucks. Much too strong and acidity for my taste.

I think Senseo pods will work. You'll probably have to open the Starbucks and replace the coffee in the tray

Last edited:
Coffee is a dark Starbucks. Much too strong and acidity for my taste.

I think Senseo pods will work. You'll probably have to open the Starbucks and replace the coffee in the tray
Yeah dark roasts are not top of my list. I can usually make Starbucks work. But I may bring a backup (concentrate or instant) just in case.

Thanks!

Both the regular and decaf are medium roast Starbucks. I like them. I do know though some people do not like Starbucks coffees.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...s-information-questions.3264274/post-64468045
I was there early April and it is still Starbucks but it is the more mild roast. Used to you put the pod in the top of the pot, now the pot is one that you slip the pod into a little holder. Kicker is that the holder is not there, a new one comes in each Starbucks packet they provide. I don't like Starbucks so bring my own pods, I just opened one of the Starbucks one, threw the pod out and saved the little holder. I had to rinse it out and hide it so the cleaning staff didn't throw it away.

I was there early April and it is still Starbucks but it is the more mild roast. Used to you put the pod in the top of the pot, now the pot is one that you slip the pod into a little holder. Kicker is that the holder
I was at the Swan last week, it was the very dark Starbucks. Very.acidic. I didn't think to ask if they had a milder roast. The Senseo pods look like over sized tea bags.

Has any one ever stayed in one of these corner rooms at the very ends of the Dolphin before? I believe the circled windows are both in the same room. I’m having a heck of a time trying to figure out what the layout would be here.

In house reservations said they were traditional Resort view doubles.

I should’ve asked more follow up questions! I curious, but just recreationally so not worth a call back really.

Attachments

• F1A7EC22-E00A-4202-BE27-7637DDFC6D68.jpeg
    F1A7EC22-E00A-4202-BE27-7637DDFC6D68.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 4
Does anyone have any insight into the room rates at Swan/Dolphin? The rates are about 40$ higher per night for a few days in August than they were last week. Do they typically fluctuate that much? Do they ever come down after going up like this? It's gonna make a big difference for the trip I had planned.

Does anyone have any insight into the room rates at Swan/Dolphin? The rates are about 40$ higher per night for a few days in August than they were last week. Do they typically fluctuate that much? Do they ever come down after going up like this? It's gonna make a big difference for the trip I had planned.

Supply and demand.... rates change based on time of day and day of the week.

My view is book ASAP at a refundable rate, and then if it goes cheaper you can rebook again. Or if they don't, book somewhere else.

I have seen rates go up and then come back down during the same week. But they also seem to drop right around the 30 day mark... if there is availability left. But I know last August things got really cheap, even cheaper than September. That said if they add a big conference at the last minute, rooms could disappear.

They fluctuate a lot. Like, even $100/night difference if you look on two separate days in the same week. Book a refundable rate while logged into your Bonvoy account and you can modify your room to a lower rate without needing to rebook very easily online. I check every week for my trips and have saved a lot of $ this way. Sometimes the cheapest rate is a few months out or even just a week before check in! In all my experiences rates have gone down as the dates have gotten closer, assuming they are not dates that sell out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter