• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone know if there are any differences between Dolphin

Deluxe Resort View, Guest room, 2 Doubles, Balcony and

Firework View, Guest room, 2 Doubles, Resort view, Balcony.

I was hoping for the Epcot view. Not sure if one of these guarantees it? Thanks!

I would assume the fireworks view one is what you're looking for with that. I believe the Resort view balconies overlook areas like the pool and Swan. Maybe shoot them a text message to ask, I found that feature really helpful on my trip last year.
Does anyone know if there are any differences between Dolphin

Deluxe Resort View, Guest room, 2 Doubles, Balcony and

Firework View, Guest room, 2 Doubles, Resort view, Balcony.

I was hoping for the Epcot view. Not sure if one of these guarantees it? Thanks!

I have booked the fireworks view many times - every time I was given an Epcot fireworks view at the Dolphin. Be warned that these rooms are at the end nearest the lake and are a long walk along the interior corridors. It is a great view though!!!

i booked the swan deluxe view with a balcony, what would i have to request to get a view of the boardwalk villas and the little canal the boats go through to get to hollywood studios?

Does anyone know how far in advance (if at all) room assignments can be seen in the app? I've heard that sometimes you can tell if you've been upgraded but have never thought to check before (traveling with family and they are hoping for an upgraded room).

Editing to say we are lifetime titanium and the rooms are booked on points for our upcoming trip.

Does anyone know how far in advance (if at all) room assignments can be seen in the app? I've heard that sometimes you can tell if you've been upgraded but have never thought to check before (traveling with family and they are hoping for an upgraded room).

Editing to say we are lifetime titanium and the rooms are booked on points for our upcoming trip.
I have never seen my assigned room ahead of the time it was ready and we have stayed at the Swan a dozen or more times over the years (many of these predate the App, of course). However, I only have lowly status in Bonvoy. There are a number of Titanium’s who post regularly. Hopefully, they will weigh in.

Thanks for responses about the "fireworks" room. I called and it would be an Epcot view. I requested upper floor.

I'm a member as well but always leave it up to chance, sometimes there is an upgrade sometimes not.
This was a special occasion so wanted to "guarantee" if I could and not leave up to chance especially because it was during the Food & Wine Fest.

We are arriving at the Dolphin between 11:30 and midnight on a Thurs night November 2. Not sure if we can eat at the airport as we will be racing there after work.
We will be taking an uber from mco to dolphin.
Any ideas on where we can get quick take out. It looks like McDonalds and Boardwalk pizza closes at midnight.
Will uber let us stop to pick something up?

We are arriving at the Dolphin between 11:30 and midnight on a Thurs night November 2. Not sure if we can eat at the airport as we will be racing there after work.
Any ideas on where we can get quick take out. It looks like McDonalds and Boardwalk pizza closes at midnight.
Picabou used to be open 24 hours a day, but that was pre Covid. It's a quick service at the Dolphin near the laundry.

Honestly I would just pack an extra meal like a sandwich to take with to work that you can bring to the airport if you're going right there (or grab from the fridge if you're stopping at home). I've been known to pack ramen cups that just take boiling water, you can just run water through the coffee maker (I always run a cycle or two first to clean out any coffee grounds). Just remember to pack silverware too if you go that route. I know lots of people use things like uber eats or doordash but your restaurant options are probably very limited at that time of night.

I think if you add a stop in your Uber route (like put the destination as the fast food and then the hotel) and hand them some cash to make up for the lost wages (since they don't get paid to sit there in the drive thru) they might be okay with it. But I'd be prepared to be rated 1 star for something like that unless you tip well (and they might still rate you poorly even with a tip).

Thinking of booking here as part of a split stay and have some questions!!

1. So the main reason we are thinking of doing a split stay is because last year we did CR and LOVED it but were a bit bummed about no in room dining. We booked AKL for this year and are also bummed to hear in room dining is still not in any deluxe except GF. So my question!! Does swan have in room dining? What about poolside dining?

2. Was looking at an alcove room for something a bit bigger - anything particularly negative about this room type? I’m a little wary because the cost to stay here compared to a Disney deluxe is a lot less expensive- is there a catch?!

3. What time do the friendship boats start? We have an 8:30 at Hollywood and Vine for the kids - would a friendship boat be our best option? Walk? Drive (we will have a rental)?

4. If taking a friendship boat - do you know if you have to fold a double stroller or can be wheeled on? I know on the monorail we can just wheel it but the friendship boats look a lot smaller.

Thanks in advance!!!

1. So the main reason we are thinking of doing a split stay is because last year we did CR and LOVED it but were a bit bummed about no in room dining. We booked AKL for this year and are also bummed to hear in room dining is still not in any deluxe except GF. So my question!! Does swan have in room dining? What about poolside dining?

2. Was looking at an alcove room for something a bit bigger - anything particularly negative about this room type? I’m a little wary because the cost to stay here compared to a Disney deluxe is a lot less expensive- is there a catch?!

3. What time do the friendship boats start? We have an 8:30 at Hollywood and Vine for the kids - would a friendship boat be our best option? Walk? Drive (we will have a rental)?

4. If taking a friendship boat - do you know if you have to fold a double stroller or can be wheeled on? I know on the monorail we can just wheel it but the friendship boats look a lot smaller.

Thanks in advance!!!
Can't answer all your questions but can answer some.

1. Yes, there is sort of in room dining but you have to use the Swan/Dolphin app. It would not work on my android phone for some reason and there isn't a lot available to choose from.

2. As far as the catch, make sure you add the resort fees per night and if you have a car the parking fee. Otherwise, it is just because it is owned by Marriot and not Disney. You can't use MBs to get in your room and you can't charge back to your room from the parks.

3. Can't help you there, not an early riser.

4. Yes, you can roll the stroller on. You will either have to stay on the back park of the boat outside or stand in the back part inside with it but it can roll on without being folded up.

You didn't ask but if you are using the buses to go to MK or AK, they are usually Mears buses and the stroller can not go on the bus (open or folded). It will be stored under the bus.

Can't answer all your questions but can answer some.

1. Yes, there is sort of in room dining but you have to use the Swan/Dolphin app. It would not work on my android phone for some reason and there isn't a lot available to choose from.

2. As far as the catch, make sure you add the resort fees per night and if you have a car the parking fee. Otherwise, it is just because it is owned by Marriot and not Disney. You can't use MBs to get in your room and you can't charge back to your room from the parks.

3. Can't help you there, not an early riser.

4. Yes, you can roll the stroller on. You will either have to stay on the back park of the boat outside or stand in the back part inside with it but it can roll on without being folded up.

You didn't ask but if you are using the buses to go to MK or AK, they are usually Mears buses and the stroller can not go on the bus (open or folded). It will be stored under the bus.

Yes even with the resort and parking it’s a lot cheaper! I was surprised and nervous what we may be going into lol

We stayed at contemporary last year and just did mk - was so nice to walk there!

Our AK and MK plan are to drive in our rental so we don’t have to deal with buses as all - then walk or boat or Epcot and Hollywood (drive as a backup).

My concern with the friendship boats was our double stroller. I didn’t want to inconvenience people with us bringing it on and it’s kind of a pita to fold and have the kids out and all our stuff so if it wasn’t allowed on the boats I would probably then choose to walk or drive.

Thanks for your help!

1. Yes to both in room and poolside dining. In room dining is a small selection of items from the various restaurants on property. For poolside dining, there are QR code tags you scan and you can place the order and it will be delivered directly to your chair. The food is actually pretty darn good for being pool food which is nice!

2. Alcove rooms are great. Only "catch" is resort fee, parking cost, and some people feel the rooms are "less disney," but I love the Swan and the pool areas. It is a beautiful resort.

3. Friendship boats start 1 hour prior to early entry. The boats will start running with plenty of time for your 8:30 am reservation and will be your easiest option to get to the park. It is about a 15 minute walk from the Swan to HS so that is an option as well if you feel like it. It is along the water and is a very pleasant, peaceful walk. But save yourself some steps and go for the boat.

4. I'm unsure of the strollers needing to be folded. There is stroller parking at back of the boat but I'm sorry I can't remember if they were left open or needed to be folded.

Have a great trip! Let us know if you have any other questions!

There have been some SR SNA questions so I thought I'd add another data point.

We are booked for one night, Saturday July 22. Yesterday our SNA cleared for the Signature Epcot View Suite. This suite is ideal for us - we wanted 3 sleeping surfaces so the kids don't have to share a bed.

We are Marriott Platinum and originally booked the room with a free night cert.

Thanks in advance!!!
The alcove rooms are amazing! I love the extra space for our family with young kids. I happily take more spacious rooms and cost savings over Disney theming.

I folded up my double stroller when the boat was relatively full but I also went on a couple rides where there was enough space to wheel it on and wheel it off without folding it up.

That said, we personally prefer walking to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. When the temperature is comfortable enough, it's a nice walk.

The alcove rooms are amazing! I love the extra space for our family with young kids. I happily take more spacious rooms and cost savings over Disney theming.

I folded up my double stroller when the boat was relatively full but I also went on a couple rides where there was enough space to wheel it on and wheel it off without folding it up.

That said, we personally prefer walking to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. When the temperature is comfortable enough, it's a nice walk.
How long did it take you to walk pushing the stroller? On a map it seems a lot further than it probably is lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter