• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Oh man! I was at the Dolphin in August 2022 in a wonderful balcony room facing Epcot. I moved to the YC the next day. During my YC stay, my Dolphin balcony was suddenly under construction. Now, I have a reservation for the Swan in just 34 days and it is balcony deja vu!! I just changed my reservation to a balcony room.

Is the east wing the one by Boardwalk or the Reserve? Maybe I shoud change to the Dolphin???
We’re going back to the Swan in late November and have a balcony room. East wing is the side towards the Boardwalk and west wing is towards Swan Reserve. I have never had a balcony room in the west wing, but would think we might get that in November unless they complete all the work by then.

@djmeredith as I was reading the post I thought you know, I don't think any of the Crescent Lake resorts make it very clear of how it works. The Transportation page on SD's site mentions the water taxi and walking but never mentions a thing about bus options to/from Epcot. I just recall one year the skipper on the boat made an announcement, but I cant' say they all do it.
I think it’s very clear that busses only run in inclement weather. Not sure why this isn’t clear to everyone. This is what is on the transportation pageIMG_0922.png

Their app is the best way to do anything--ask for extra towels, or a room cleaning. You can't force people to find info if they are not bothered to look.
My trip last week had the unfortunate outcome of no response using the text feature of the app. This was a first for me after probably a dozen stays there. Not sure why there was no answer, but I got my issues resolved at the front desk (These weren’t towel or room cleaning requests).

Do you happen to be looking for dates around Jan. 24th? That night is sold out which indicates that dates around that date may have a high number of guests and drives up the prices. Marriott uses a dynamic pricing model. As the number of rooms available drops the prices increase.

Have you tried third-party sites: Priceline, Hotels.com, etc. They may still have some discounted rooms in their room blocks.

Dave

It’s the week of the 28th. I booked at Swan instead and looks like Dolphin is completely unavailable now. Wonder if there’s a conference?

I have put a thread out in the forum before I saw this -

We have a deluxe balcony booked for Christmas, but we've added an extra adult to our booking so now want to upgrade to a Grand Suite. Does anyone know where these suites are located across the hotel and if they have a good view?

Oof. Rule #2 of booking Swolphin- if the price is acceptable book it (Rule #1 being always book refundable).
Yeah these are essentially my rules too. If I even think we may go at some point, I look at Swolphin and if I like the price I just book the refundable price right away. If that maybe becomes a definitely, I may change it to non refundable, but not usually (weather/illness may still happen).

My credit card had two charges from Sheraton Lake Buena Vista -- is this the Dolphin resort? Usually, the credit card statement has the WDW Sheraton for the Dolphin.

Thanks for any information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter