• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

From my stay last month, I found that the Dolphin took a random charge from my card as a deposit when I booked the room, then took a hold charge at check in, and then finally charged the actual remaining balance when I checked out.

Would anyone happen to know if the Dolphin/Swan/SR would be able to charge the actual remaining balance at check in (instead of at check out)?

Asking as I'm planning my next trip, and due to the dates of my stay I'd get significantly more credit card points if the hotel stay got charged at check in rather than at check out!

From my stay last month, I found that the Dolphin took a random charge from my card as a deposit when I booked the room, then took a hold charge at check in, and then finally charged the actual remaining balance when I checked out.

Would anyone happen to know if the Dolphin/Swan/SR would be able to charge the actual remaining balance at check in (instead of at check out)?

Asking as I'm planning my next trip, and due to the dates of my stay I'd get significantly more credit card points if the hotel stay got charged at check in rather than at check out!
I would imagine that the front desk, or at least the front desk manager, should have no trouble pushing through a charge early. They'll still reconcile any additional charges when you check out. I've had them do it on longer stays without any issues.

I think I read that the Swan does not accept Disney rewards or Disney Gift Cards for payment. Is that correct?

I think I read that the Swan does not accept Disney rewards or Disney Gift Cards for payment. Is that correct?

The Swan / Dophin / Swan Reserve accept the Disney Rewards Visa card for payment. When you stated Disney rewards do you really mean the Disney Rewards Redemption Card?

@Dan Murphy covered the use of Disney Gift cards being accepted at the 2 onsite Disney stores at the Swan / Dolphin.

Dave

Do any of the room types at the Dolphin have a guarantee to have a glass door shower, opposed to the shower curtains? We prefer the showers with the glass door, just wondering if we can specify this by getting a certain room type. Anyone know?

Do any of the room types at the Dolphin have a guarantee to have a glass door shower, opposed to the shower curtains? We prefer the showers with the glass door, just wondering if we can specify this by getting a certain room type. Anyone know?
I am interested in this as well. I made a request for shower only because traveling with an elderly person at the Swan. It was no granted, but the tub was not too high for her to maneuver.

@buzz1fan so far I've been unable to find any updates on when/if construction will start on the new pool. With inflation, construction costs and everything else going on they may have paused it. But I do hope it still happens.

@aerxo17 & @Kimrlav I think your best bet would be booking an accessible room. We had the glass door walk-in shower at the Swan 444 which was a corner room. Unsure of why our room had it and others don't though - hence the accessible room is about the best way to assure getting one.

@buzz1fan so far I've been unable to find any updates on when/if construction will start on the new pool. With inflation, construction costs and everything else going on they may have paused it. But I do hope it still happens.
Thanks for your response. Considering a short stay next summer and was curious as thinking of resorts.

Thanks for your response. Considering a short stay next summer and was curious as thinking of resorts.
https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/wa...w pool area is,that is currently a playground.

The plans they had would have really been nice, but it's been 22 months so it's clearly on hold, if not just canceled. The resort never announced it, so no need for them to comment.

I expect they thought with the third resort that had just opened, they would need the additional capacity... in the end maybe guest at Reserve were OK with their pool?

Checking out of SR today and moving to All Star Movies as the rest of the weekend wasn’t available. We were always a little SR adverse, but it’s been amazing. Would definitely stay again, but would hope for the high floor Epcot view. We saw MK Halloween fireworks and this incredible bald eagle several times, he perched up on the Swan statue!

Attachments

• IMG_2155.jpeg
    IMG_2155.jpeg
    25.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2154.jpeg
    IMG_2154.jpeg
    28.4 KB · Views: 9
The Swan / Dophin / Swan Reserve accept the Disney Rewards Visa card for payment. When you stated Disney rewards do you really mean the Disney Rewards Redemption Card?

@Dan Murphy covered the use of Disney Gift cards being accepted at the 2 onsite Disney stores at the Swan / Dolphin.

Dave
Yes, I meant using the rewards as a redemption card. I used the Visa for the deposit and will probably use it for the balance as well. I was hoping to be able to use the Rewards I earned for the room but I guess not. Oh well, there's always food, lol. I'll find something to use them for. Thanks

I have two days at the Swan coming up, Oct. 30 & 31 with Il Mulino dinner on the 30th. Also, two days at the Dolphin, Dec. 11 & 12. Both are add-ons to DVC rentals. Looking forward to being back at the Swan/Dolphin. Still two of my favorite places on property!
Sounds good to me, Patty, enjoy.

@patty57 have a great trip! Look forward to your comments after your trip too.

While you there if you can dig up any info on the previously discussed aquatic area expansion. I'm curios to know if it's been cancelled or just delayed?

Thanks, Dan. You must be due for a visit soon.
You're telling me?!?! I've not been back for a little over 6 years now. Have been here not going far from home, Marie and I caretaking of Marie's uncle. He passed away in January, 90 years old with dementia. With that issue now gone, I still deal with my own heart and lung issues. I do so very much miss being there, my once, or generally twice a year. Yes, I am due.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter