Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I texted, here is response. I had to clarify their response, it was a little unclear at first. And I do not think that the walkway on the causeway that is under the canopy is not used for the event. I think only the larger center area is used.

View attachment 803590

spelling

When we have been there the walkways were not closed to guests or anyone for that matter. The food stalls were set up along both the causeway between S&D and the walkway between Swan and the main pool. People freely traversed the area whether a part of the party or not--note, you couldn't participate in the food items without the appropriate tickets, but the walkways and boat area were available to guests.

One year it stormed and the entire area was decorated and ready to go--the Classic pivoted and moved to the ballrooms at the Dolphin. They didn't even try to dismantle the area--all of the beautiful decorations and settings were ruined.

Wow! Thank you all SO much for this information! That makes a HUGE difference. I feel a little better now. I've been thinking a lot as to how to navigate back from Jollywood that weekend and now that the boat dock is available, it's pretty darn simple! Thank you!

I have an upcoming points reservation at the Dolphin in December. I only have enough points for 5 nights, however, we would like to do a 6 night stay. The "points plus cash" option is not available to book as a single reservation for 6 nights. If I book 5 nights on points and then a separate 1 night reservation with cash (same room category), will the hotel let us stay in the same room? I would love to stay an extra night, but am hesitant if we have to pack up and move rooms just for one night. Thank you for sharing any experiences you may have had combining points and cash nights!

I have an upcoming points reservation at the Dolphin in December. I only have enough points for 5 nights, however, we would like to do a 6 night stay. The "points plus cash" option is not available to book as a single reservation for 6 nights. If I book 5 nights on points and then a separate 1 night reservation with cash (same room category), will the hotel let us stay in the same room? I would love to stay an extra night, but am hesitant if we have to pack up and move rooms just for one night. Thank you for sharing any experiences you may have had combining points and cash nights!
i have done this. Just go to front desk at check in. They kept us in the same room

@Marthasor for this make sure you are booking the same equivalent room. I'd be more inclined to call S/D direct or try the Marriott call center. I can't recall where I read about somebody's experience but they had to move, though I think it was they added the night later - I'd still call so you have 1 single reservation for the sake of Disney.
Thanks so much - I will give them a call!

Thank you to all who responded regarding noise issues during events and conventions. I feel a little better now and will probably keep the reservations. I am scouring resort prices for WDW and I would love to keep what I have at Swan/Dolphin, so hopefully it will all work out. A little concerned the boat dock won't be available on Nov. 11 during the event however (I believe the dock may be closed because they use the causeway for the event) - that's our Jollywood night and I don't think we are going to be in the mood to walk back from DHS at midnight :( I guess we can always get off at YC and walk from there, though not ideal.
I am guessing you would not be able to take the boat back from DHS that night, anyway. We were there for deluxe extended evening hours last December and the boat did not run that late.

@AussieFan8 did you notice if they were they running busses on those nights, I think they do but can't recall.

Hoping that Disney & SDR work things out and swap back to full Disney transportation again soon.

I am guessing you would not be able to take the boat back from DHS that night, anyway. We were there for deluxe extended evening hours last December and the boat did not run that late.

Wow. That's interesting info. I'm assuming they have other transport options for guests? Do you remember how you got back to your resort? I was trying to keep Swan because of Jollywood nights (boat access) and getting to EP early the next morning, but if getting back to the Swan after Jollywood is going to be a pain, I may try to switch.

I just called them for this same reason about an hour ago. I have 3 separate reservations for 9 days over Christmas. They were able to connect all of them so I don’t have to change rooms.

Wow. That's interesting info. I'm assuming they have other transport options for guests? Do you remember how you got back to your resort? I was trying to keep Swan because of Jollywood nights (boat access) and getting to EP early the next morning, but if getting back to the Swan after Jollywood is going to be a pain, I may try to switch.
We walked back to Dolphin. We had started walking over to the boat launch, then noticed it was dark and some cast members were standing there to tell people that that boats had stopped running for the day. We did leave about 20-30 minutes after the official end of the extended hours; maybe the boat ran until a certain time and then cut off? If avoiding walking is important to you, I would try calling and asking them when the boats stop.

Another option for you would be to take the bus from DHS to Boardwalk and then walk back to the Swan. We took the Boardwalk bus a lot when we stayed at Dolphin, and it's even closer to Swan.

@AussieFan8 did you notice if they were they running busses on those nights, I think they do but can't recall.

Hoping that Disney & SDR work things out and swap back to full Disney transportation again soon.
I didn't notice. I didn't even think to try a bus since they don't usually run them from DHS to Dolphin, and we didn't mind walking, although it surprised us that the boats were not there.

I just called them for this same reason about an hour ago. I have 3 separate reservations for 9 days over Christmas. They were able to connect all of them so I don’t have to change rooms.
And another call from me for the same reason. I just got off the phone for Dec. 11&12. First night made on points and the second.with AP discount.

Do they even run buses from DHS to BW/YC/BC after the Deluxe hours? Is the skyliner down then also? I didn't think they ran buses to those hotels unless the skyliner was closed.

We're checking into Swan on Wednesday and will head to HS deluxe after hours that night, so I hope they still have some transporatation running, and even moreso, transporatation directly to Swan. That's a long walk after a long day.

I'd probably end up with an Uber if they don't. Not sure I even want to walk from BW or YC after a long day.

Which is actually closer to Swan? BW or YC? I may end up walking over to get the bus to/from MK as well. Is there much difference?

This is my first time at Swan/Dolphin and had a couple of quick check in questions for those that have stayed there before.

I am checking in to Swan on Wednesday. My flight lands at 4, and I'll probably just Uber after getting my bag, so I expect to get to the hotel between 5 and 5:30 assuming all goes well.

I see I can check in on the app. Does that really save me any time? I'm pretty sure I owe a balance and need to pay, which I don't think the app does. Can I skip the front desk if I check in through the app or will I need to go there anyway? I'm not sure I always trust the phone to unlock doors either. Usually it works, but not always.

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks

This is my first time at Swan/Dolphin and had a couple of quick check in questions for those that have stayed there before.

I am checking in to Swan on Wednesday. My flight lands at 4, and I'll probably just Uber after getting my bag, so I expect to get to the hotel between 5 and 5:30 assuming all goes well.

I see I can check in on the app. Does that really save me any time? I'm pretty sure I owe a balance and need to pay, which I don't think the app does. Can I skip the front desk if I check in through the app or will I need to go there anyway? I'm not sure I always trust the phone to unlock doors either. Usually it works, but not always.

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks
I think you’ll have to hit the desk to settle up and get checked in.

Help! I have an Amazon order being delivered tomorrow to the Swan. In one place on the website the address says 1200 Epcot Resorts Blvd and in another it says 1500. Which should I use?

I see the sticky says 1200 is Dolphin and 1500 is Swan, so I should go with 1500?

In the address in Amazon I put a note to deliver to the Swan and gave them my last name and confirmation number.

Thanks

Help! I have an Amazon order being delivered tomorrow to the Swan. In one place on the website the address says 1200 Epcot Resorts Blvd and in another it says 1500. Which should I use?

I see the sticky says 1200 is Dolphin and 1500 is Swan, so I should go with 1500?

In the address in Amazon I put a note to deliver to the Swan and gave them my last name and confirmation number.

Thanks

https://swandolphin.com/more/contact/

I corrected the OP. Thanks @Tiggr88

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter