Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Update on my situation - called the swan. They said it happens a lot and had the confirmation numbers ready to go for my rez. For anyone else that books through a third party, just give them a call and they will easily give you the confirmation numbers for Disney's system.
Good to hear it is resolved. You'd think they would have that issue fixed by now. I had to call for same issues years ago.

Good to hear it is resolved. You'd think they would have that issue fixed by now. I had to call for same issues years ago.
It's Chase's fault, not the Swan's fault. We booked using credit card points (yay for saving money while also getting deluxe benefits), so the third-party portal uses a whole different system from Disney.

As an added wrinkle, the way Chase's portal books reservations, each room only had 2 people on the rez! (but they sleep 4). There are 5 people in our family, but when I added the reservations to MDE, I could only put 2 people on each reservation! (Which would make extra hours + lightning lanes... tricky.). I had to call the hotel and let them know about that too, and they updated our reservations remotely. But that's another wrinkle booking through a third party.

Do any of the suites at Swan Reserve accommodate 6 officially? That's probably what you would need, or multiple rooms. I know one of the suites (Executive Chairman maybe?) has a large living room and can connect to another room (I assume with 2 queens). That might be the way to go.

Or renting DVC points.
A 2 queen suite would I think because it’s 2 queens and a couch pullout. However I’d give Swolphin a call, don’t they sometimes offer a discount on a 2nd room if you book 2? Not sure how that would compare to the cash price of a SR suite.

ETA: it’s the Signature Suite, occupancy 6

Last edited:
A 2 queen suite would I think because it’s 2 queens and a couch pullout. However I’d give Swolphin a call, don’t they sometimes offer a discount on a 2nd room if you book 2? Not sure how that would compare to the cash price of a SR suite.

ETA: it’s the Signature Suite, occupancy 6
Just FYI the SR has a lot of Signature Suites, so that's a plus for potential availability.

Checked into the Swan today for two nights. I asked at check-in about the pool expansion. She is new and didn't know anything about it. I walked over to the Grotto pool and asked at the towel shack. She didn't know anything about it, and actually called someone (her boss? Really not sure who she called), and asked. She was told there aren't any plans to expand the pool. That's all I know.

Checked into the Swan today for two nights. I asked at check-in about the pool expansion. She is new and didn't know anything about it. I walked over to the Grotto pool and asked at the towel shack. She didn't know anything about it, and actually called someone (her boss? Really not sure who she called), and asked. She was told there aren't any plans to expand the pool. That's all I know.

Yeah what we saw was early in the planning stage... those weren't construction documents but environmental approval drawings. Those plans got leaked via South Florida Water Management District, but there are other agencies that would need to also put their approval on it. Possible one of those might be the newly created "Central Florida Tourism Oversight District".

My guess is it was initially green lighted as part of the building of the Reserve, to allow for those additional guest. And could still be going through different stages of design, approval and bidding... before being announced to the public and employees. (sure seems like it's dead)

It was for a new feature pool with slides and a water activity pool for the littluns, little more on par with Disney Deluxe Resorts. Also a nice playground area that I think would be a great new feature for families.

@patty57 thanks for asking. Hopefully down the road they can revisit the expansion. With so much of travel being disrupted and crazy high construction prices I'm sad that it's not on the immediate radar but I totally understand why it's not too.

My dates finally became available over the weekend so I booked the Dolphin for our trip next Fall. I reserved a resort view with a balcony. Still not 100% sure that I want to stay there or if I’d rather stay in a Disney Moderate that has two queen beds & a Murphy instead. My husband is over 6ft tall so those queen beds make a difference.

The total price for both Dolphin & a moderate is nearly equivalent. Extended evening hours won’t really matter to us as we have 2 under 2 so we doubt we will ever be out that late. We will also have my 14 year old daughter so we’re individually a party of 5. I know my daughter will enjoy being so close to Epcot & HS and I love the walkability, but I don’t realistically know how much time we will spend there. My whole family is traveling so we have 8 kids in our group. 7 out of 8 will be under 10 so I feel like MK will probably be our hot spot.

I have also made a reservation off-site at a Disney Good Neighbor hotel for a giant room that’s less than half of the total cost for our week at the Dolphin… but then I start to think about staying “in the bubble” so I’m waxing & waning over my plans… which I knew I was always going to.

I was able to save a little and book the Marriott Friends & Family rate. My Dolphin deposit was charged today, and now it shows the hotel is sold out for my dates so right now I can’t even start checking for price drops. 😳

We're checking into the Swan this Saturday. Our flight lands at MCO at 11:30, so I'm thinking we'll make it to the hotel around 1. What do you all think the odds are of our room being ready? Is there anything I can do to help facilitate that? Thanks!

In addition to the "request" that can be made on check-in time, you can also chat with them in the app.... or call.

In the end it depends on how many other are making the same request, how many are checking out that might have requested late checkout, and if housekeeping staff all show up that day....

First trip to the Dolphin coming up in about 10 days. We're making a super quick trip down using points for flights and points for the room. Our plan is do 1 pool day/monorail crawl on arrival and then 1 day at EP. We've never stayed at the Dolphin before, but typically enter EP from the IG since we normally stay at POP.

I just bought our tickets today and have successfully linked me and DH in MDE. I know I've read about the app glitching sometimes, so I presume I should check to make sure we're both linked on arrival and I guess again early morning before 7am in case I need to go to desk?

First trip to the Dolphin coming up in about 10 days. We're making a super quick trip down using points for flights and points for the room. Our plan is do 1 pool day/monorail crawl on arrival and then 1 day at EP. We've never stayed at the Dolphin before, but typically enter EP from the IG since we normally stay at POP.

I just bought our tickets today and have successfully linked me and DH in MDE. I know I've read about the app glitching sometimes, so I presume I should check to make sure we're both linked on arrival and I guess again early morning before 7am in case I need to go to desk?
Sounds like a nice plan. And yes, best to check before 7 AM. Enjoy!

Thanks for the update, Patty.

If you are talking about your resort reservation, mine usually disappears once I check in, but I just add it back myself.

If you are talking about your resort reservation, mine usually disappears once I check in, but I just add it back myself.

Oh! I'm not sure what I'm talking about, lol. I just feel like I've read about there being some potential issue between linking your party and then being able to add G+ and LLs when you are there. I'll be sure to double check after check-in and 7am on our park day. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter