Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Oh! I'm not sure what I'm talking about, lol. I just feel like I've read about there being some potential issue between linking your party and then being able to add G+ and LLs when you are there. I'll be sure to double check after check-in and 7am on our park day. Thanks!
After you check in, make sure you still see your resort reservation in the app. If it's not there, you can just add it back in.

It's Chase's fault, not the Swan's fault. We booked using credit card points (yay for saving money while also getting deluxe benefits), so the third-party portal uses a whole different system from Disney.

As an added wrinkle, the way Chase's portal books reservations, each room only had 2 people on the rez! (but they sleep 4). There are 5 people in our family, but when I added the reservations to MDE, I could only put 2 people on each reservation!
(Which would make extra hours + lightning lanes... tricky.). I had to call the hotel and let them know about that too, and they updated our reservations remotely. But that's another wrinkle booking through a third party.
This happened to us when I booked through priceline. When the reservation popped up on my Disney, it only showed 2 people. Called the Swan and it was easily remedied. They reissued the reservation with 4 of us in the room.

Hi! We just got the notification that our room is ready and the Swan, and I’m a little surprised to see that it wasn’t upgraded (traditional, no view, room is in the west wing and ends in 75). We’re on a points stay but I’m titanium elite, and as of yesterday, there was still suite night request availability, so not sold out. Does anyone have experience with this at the Swan? I’ve stayed there before and have always been upgraded, so I’m trying to figure out if they’re still sorting room assignments, if I should message through the app, or just leave it alone and see if I luck out at check in. I‘m not the type to raise a fuss, it just seems odd that there was not at least a view upgrade at this status level.

Hi! We just got the notification that our room is ready and the Swan, and I’m a little surprised to see that it wasn’t upgraded (traditional, no view, room is in the west wing and ends in 75). We’re on a points stay but I’m titanium elite, and as of yesterday, there was still suite night request availability, so not sold out. Does anyone have experience with this at the Swan? I’ve stayed there before and have always been upgraded, so I’m trying to figure out if they’re still sorting room assignments, if I should message through the app, or just leave it alone and see if I luck out at check in. I‘m not the type to raise a fuss, it just seems odd that there was not at least a view upgrade at this status level.
I am also a Titanium and I rarely get upgraded - it's worth asking. Upgrades are hard to come by at the Swolphin.

Lots of people have experience with this at Swan, no matter how Platinum/Palladium/Titanium/Lifetime Highest Tier Ever they are. You were the exception in consistently getting upgrades before actually. Welcome to Club #Bonvoyed!

If the balcony refurbishment is still happening, that may be impacting upgrades as well. When I stayed at the Swan in September half of the hotel rooms were completely blocked off for construction so they had limited upgrades then as well.

Idk if the food and wine classic has any impact, but that's today and tomorrow so the hotels may be more crowded than usual?

I just wanted to report in on our early checkin at the Swan last Sat (Nov 4). I had trouble checking in online so I called and asked for our early checkin request to be added, and the person I spoke to said it was. We landed about 11:30 and arrived at the Swan at 12:15. we went to the front desk and to the surprise of the front desk person, our room was ready! She said ours was the first room that she'd seen ready that day. We were so grateful to be able to get into our room and unpack/relax a bit before heading to the park. Obviously it's not guaranteed but definitely worth requesting!

ETA- we had a non-view 2 queen room, room 557. We were able to see the fireworks at Epcot to the left and Tower of Terror to the right. Not bad at all!

Idk if the food and wine classic has any impact, but that's today and tomorrow so the hotels may be more crowded than usual?
Yep, the hotel was totally packed, and they very politely told us at check in that the hotel was sold out so unfortunately no upgrades were available, to which we said “no problem, we’re just happy to be here!” Turned out our “no view” room had a lovely view of Hollywood Studios and was perfectly serviceable, although I’d say the bathrooms probably need a refresh (clean, just dated fixtures, chipped glaze on tiles, etc.). One thing I did notice is that the WiFi has gotten much better since we were there in 2021, so that was nice.

Does the Swan have connecting rooms? If so, what is the best way to request them?
They do. You should call the inhouse reservations line to request. I don't know if they currently offer a discount on the second room, but they have in the past. Another reason to call and speak to reservations, so you can ask if there is a discount on the second room. I think the number is 407-934-4000? Ask for inhouse reservations.
Edited to add that on the first page of this thread, it says the Swan is 407-934-3000.

Last edited:
How are people getting back to the SwanAndDolphin from the Jollywood party? Is the only option to walk? I know that the boats aren’t running and that makes sense to me, given the timing of the event, and I also doubt that they would run any kind of a bus. I have a moderate disability, and I use a cane to walk. I was hoping to avoid walking back after the party. would love to hear from someone who was at the party last weekend or is going this weekend.

How are people getting back to the SwanAndDolphin from the Jollywood party? Is the only option to walk? I know that the boats aren’t running and that makes sense to me, given the timing of the event, and I also doubt that they would run any kind of a bus. I have a moderate disability, and I use a cane to walk. I was hoping to avoid walking back after the party. would love to hear from someone who was at the party last weekend or is going this weekend.
I texted S/D/R and here is their answer. Always quick responses. I would, however, confirm that with the boat captain during your stay there. Everything at Disney is subject to change. And I did read on the Transportation Board here that the Skyliner would not be running after the party. So best to confirm, with the folks on the boats.

1700236927447.png

I texted S/D/R and here is their answer. Always quick responses. I would, however, confirm that with the boat captain during your stay there. Everything at Disney is subject to change. And I did read on the Transportation Board here that the Skyliner would not be running after the party. So best to confirm, with the folks on the boats.

View attachment 811334
Thank you!
Edited to add: I’ll be sure to confirm with the boat captain.

Last edited:
Lots of people have experience with this at Swan, no matter how Platinum/Palladium/Titanium/Lifetime Highest Tier Ever they are. You were the exception in consistently getting upgrades before actually. Welcome to Club #Bonvoyed!
I was upgraded to a suite at the Reserve for 9 nights and I am only Gold. I must have been there at a slow time.

Just back from a lovely stay at the Swan Reserve. The room was great except the dresser was taken up by a mini fridge and a safe leaving only 2 drawers for clothes. I will say that this hotel is more suited to adults at least in my opinion. The staff was super nice. Was not crazy about having to scan the Q code for the in room dining - did not work on either my phone or my husband's phone. We ended up taking the grands to The Fountain because that food was more to their liking. If my husband and I go back by ourselves, I'd book the Reserve in a heartbeat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter