Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We get in late-ish (around 9:30 pm) and staying at the Dolphin.
My "park planning pass" says "must visit ticket window upon arrival to activate."

I haven't encountered this before.
Not sure if it's new standard protocol or because we are staying at technically "off-property" (even though purchased through WDW's online reservations).
The Chirstmas Party tickets are in there without this disclaimer.

I'd rather not spend a lot of time of the early morning hours the first day at a ticket booth. (arrive 9:30-ish the night before ... probably too late for sorting this out then?)

Can anyone advise what is my best course of action here?
Is the "must visit ticket window" a relatively quick process?

And does anyone know if maybe I just haven't done something correctly in the app? Everything else shows up - hotel reservations, park reservations, dining reservations and those MVMCP tix.

thanks in advance.

Hi just wanted to post an update. I was the one who posted earlier worried about recent negative tripadvisor reviews—thanks everyone who replied to reassure me to keep my reservation. I checked into my room at the dolphin this evening and it is clean, lovely and not dated at all. Excited for an awesome weekend trip!

We get in late-ish (around 9:30 pm) and staying at the Dolphin.
My "park planning pass" says "must visit ticket window upon arrival to activate."

I haven't encountered this before.
Not sure if it's new standard protocol or because we are staying at technically "off-property" (even though purchased through WDW's online reservations).
The Chirstmas Party tickets are in there without this disclaimer.

I'd rather not spend a lot of time of the early morning hours the first day at a ticket booth. (arrive 9:30-ish the night before ... probably too late for sorting this out then?)

Can anyone advise what is my best course of action here?
Is the "must visit ticket window" a relatively quick process?

And does anyone know if maybe I just haven't done something correctly in the app? Everything else shows up - hotel reservations, park reservations, dining reservations and those MVMCP tix.

thanks in advance.

If you have an Annual Pass and are wondering if you have to visit the ticket window or guest relations before you can enter the park for the first time: see this thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/ap-activation-needed.3932501/#post-65161880

If you have park admission other than an Annual Pass: never mind.

If you have an Annual Pass and are wondering if you have to visit the ticket window or guest relations before you can enter the park for the first time: see this thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/ap-activation-needed.3932501/#post-65161880

If you have park admission other than an Annual Pass: never mind.

Not annual passes - these are just regular package tickets bought through the WDW site. I've never had this issue before, but I have to call today about something else so I guess I will see if they can clear it up for me.
Thanks though ... I appreciate the help! 😀

okay I talked to someone in case anyone is ever in the same situation and wondering about this.
they said that the "park planning passes" will become tickets when we check in. Basically its just a temporary "pass" to let you do the park reservations but it won't become a ticket until you check in.
So I won't have to actually stop by the ticket window after all.
just in case anyone else had a similar confusion.
thnx

What is the current drop off location at Disney springs from dolphin bus? Do they come often?

Those of who use Disney buses do you take from boardwalk or YC? We are staying at dolphin .

Just back from a very pleasant weekend stay at the Swan. The updated rooms are so pretty and fresh! Service was great and the bed was amazing. I could have stayed longer and will definitely book here again!

Here are some pics of newly-updated room 326, deluxe resort view with balcony, corner room. The iPhone photos don’t do justice. The room is truly lovely and the colors blend beautifully - so relaxing!

Highlights are:

New vinyl plank floor and area rug under the beds. Beds are raised with luggage storage space underneath.
IMG_4353.jpeg

New headboard detail - matches the desk chair:
IMG_4362.jpeg

TV is now mounted on the wall against a neutral fabric backboard:
IMG_4344.jpeg

Corner double windows and surprisingly comfortable small sitting chair:
IMG_4343.jpeg
IMG_4346.jpeg

Bathroom vanities appear unchanged with the seaglass tile backsplashes and plenty of nice bright lighting. My room also had a great walk-in shower with a new rainfall head and handheld unit. Coincidentally, it is the exact shower head assembly I have been considering for our home, I and was thrilled to get to try it out! The water pressure was great even for my long hair. Also loved the White Tea body wash, lotion, and other toiletries.
IMG_4351.jpegIMG_4349.jpeg
IMG_4350.jpeg

Closet space is unchanged but the door appears nice and new:
IMG_4352.jpeg

Continued next post.

Just back from a very pleasant weekend stay at the Swan. The updated rooms are so pretty and fresh! Service was great and the bed was amazing. I could have stayed longer and will definitely book here again!

Here are some pics of newly-updated room 326, deluxe resort view with balcony, corner room. The iPhone photos don’t do justice. The room is truly lovely and the colors blend beautifully - so relaxing!

Highlights are:

New vinyl plank floor and area rug under the beds. Beds are raised with luggage storage space underneath.
View attachment 815497

View attachment 815479

View attachment 815487

View attachment 815480
View attachment 815481

Bathroom vanities appear unchanged with the seaglass tile backsplashes and plenty of nice bright lighting. My room also had a great walk-in shower with a new rainfall head and handheld unit. Coincidentally, it is the exact shower head assembly I have been considering for our home, I and was thrilled to get to try it out! The water pressure was great even for my long hair. Also loved the White Tea body wash, lotion, and other toiletries.
View attachment 815499View attachment 815483
View attachment 815484

View attachment 815485

Continued next post.
We were at the Swan recently in room 727 (deluxe king balcony). A great room with wonderful views of EPCOT fireworks and the colorful at night Spaceship Earth. We were surprised to find that we had a tub/shower instead of a walk-in shower. We have stayed at the Swan dozens of times, always in a king room and always that king room had a walk-in shower. In fact, we were told that all the king rooms had walk-in showers. I’m wondering if during the refurbishing of the rooms they changed some of the queens into a king. If you need a walk-in shower and you’re used to getting that with a king room, you might want to check and make sure you’ll be getting that.

Mini fridge and coffee bar. Still no Keurig.IMG_4355.jpeg
IMG_4356.jpeg

Nightstand with new lamp and fancy new cordless phone. The lamp has two usb ports and one three-pronged plug on each side. Still no usb-c.
IMG_4357.jpeg
IMG_4358.jpeg

Nice little transition strip to the balcony. No more stubbed toes!
IMG_4365.jpeg

And finally, the balcony view! It took three pictures to get it all. Yes, I lucked out and was so grateful! :love:
IMG_4372.jpeg
IMG_4373.jpeg
IMG_4374.jpeg

The entire 3-night stay was wonderful! No complaints, but the usual advice: bring a power strip and maybe an extension cord because it’s an older building and plugs are scarce. And if you like a night light, bring that, because these rooms are dark at night and all the lighting is super bright with no in-between. Other than that - Love, love, love the Swan!

Any questions, please ask!

Those of who use Disney buses do you take from boardwalk or YC? We are staying at dolphin .

Either, the walk is similar. I use the BW bus more simply because I enjoy the atmosphere of walking on the BW. Coming back it’s first available. Sometimes in the afternoon they share. If so, YC is the first stop and I hop off there.

Highlights are:

View attachment 815497

View attachment 815479

View attachment 815487

View attachment 815480
View attachment 815481

View attachment 815499View attachment 815483
View attachment 815484

View attachment 815485

Continued next post.

Mini fridge and coffee bar. Still no Keurig.View attachment 815500
View attachment 815501

Nightstand with new lamp and fancy new cordless phone. The lamp has two usb ports and one three-pronged plug on each side. Still no usb-c.
View attachment 815502
View attachment 815503

Nice little transition strip to the balcony. No more stubbed toes!
View attachment 815504

And finally, the balcony view! It took three pictures to get it all. Yes, I lucked out and was so grateful! :love:
View attachment 815506
View attachment 815507
View attachment 815508

The entire 3-night stay was wonderful! No complaints, but the usual advice: bring a power strip and maybe an extension cord because it’s an older building and plugs are scarce. And if you like a night light, bring that, because these rooms are dark at night and all the lighting is super bright with no in-between. Other than that - Love, love, love the Swan!

Any questions, please ask!
Thanks for the update and feedback, @JoJoGirl. Looks great, makes me homesick.
And thank you, @Disneydawg74. Great view, I love it!!! I like the BW view the best, I think.

We got home to VA two hours ago after 10 nights at BR, RIV, and VGF. In all these years, we had never been in the Swan or Dolphin. I LOVED the Dolphin! I'm getting ready to book an adults only trip for me and DH for May! I canceled a garden cottage at BWI.

I had my hair cut and colored at Mandara. Definitely headed back for spa treatments next trip. Carmen was my stylist and is a hidden gem.

We loved the drinks and tableside guacamole at Rosa Mexicano. The food, like most places, depends on what you order.

If no suites are showing, I assume that means unavailable and not that I have to call?

If no suites are showing, I assume that means unavailable and not that I have to call?
Depends on which property.

Swan Reserve will show up to the Chairman Suite as bookable online if they're available.

Swan and Dolphin will show the oversized rooms (that don't have true doors between the living and bedroom area) as bookable online if they're available.

True suites at the Dolphin (and Swan?) will require you to call and chat with their team.

It doesn't hurt to call anyways.

Depends on which property.

Swan Reserve will show up to the Chairman Suite as bookable online if they're available.

Swan and Dolphin will show the oversized rooms (that don't have true doors between the living and bedroom area) as bookable online if they're available.

True suites at the Dolphin (and Swan?) will require you to call and chat with their team.

It doesn't hurt to call anyways.
Thanks so much! None of the Dolphin alcove rooms were showing under rack rate, but they had it under their promotions for Member Exclusive rates. I was able to get one. After looking at the suites, that would be overkill for the two of us :D

Thanks so much! None of the Dolphin alcove rooms were showing under rack rate, but they had it under their promotions for Member Exclusive rates. I was able to get one. After looking at the suites, that would be overkill for the two of us :D
We love the alcove rooms at Dolphin and Swan (and only two of us).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter