Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I wasn’t even aware that there were updates to the Swan rooms! We arrive next month, what’s that status of the updates? Still in progress or all done?
We were there last week. We were on floor 7 of the East Wing and could hear some noise when we were in the room about 4:00 p.m. that we assumed was from updating on upper floors. We asked via text and were told that “there was some construction in the Swan until 6:00 p.m.“ that day (November 29).

I wasn’t even aware that there were updates to the Swan rooms! We arrive next month, what’s that status of the updates? Still in progress or all done?
Same! I didn't realize, either! Does anyone know if the Dolphin rooms are getting the same mini-updates?

Is the walk to Epcot and/or Hollywood Studios shorter from the Swan or the Dolphin? Is it the same or is there a meaningful difference?

Is the walk to Epcot and/or Hollywood Studios shorter from the Swan or the Dolphin? Is it the same or is there a meaningful difference?
The Swan is slightly closer to Hollywood Studios, and the Dolphin is slightly closer to Epcot. However, I'd guess that the difference is probably less than 1000 ft, even from the most optimum exits.

Hi. Headed to the swan for the first time in January. I'm confused about transportation. Are there boats to Epcot and HS? Also, how often does the MK bus run? Did you find it was on schedule or lots of waiting? Any feedback on that would be appreciated. I do know it goes to TTC.

Hi. Headed to the swan for the first time in January. I'm confused about transportation. Are there boats to Epcot and HS? Also, how often does the MK bus run? Did you find it was on schedule or lots of waiting? Any feedback on that would be appreciated. I do know it goes to TTC.
Yes, boats to Epcot and Studios

Bus to MK and AK should be about every 15 minutes or so. I've never had any issues with them, not have I heard of any here on this thread. Here it says 20-25 minutes but I would say they are giving themselves a cushion.

https://swandolphin.com/feedback/transportation/

Enjoy the trip, @SoloDisFan, you'll have a great visit.

Has anyone used a Marriott gift card to cover resort fees/room charges? I received a targeted email offer for 20% off Marriott e-gift cards, seems like an easy way to save a bit on resort fees. I think I received the offer because I have a Marriott Boundless card, so check your emails if you have a Marriott credit card!

Has anyone used a Marriott gift card to cover resort fees/room charges? I received a targeted email offer for 20% off Marriott e-gift cards, seems like an easy way to save a bit on resort fees. I think I received the offer because I have a Marriott Boundless card, so check your emails if you have a Marriott credit card!
I have at Swan & SR. You do it on check-out day, but block a chunk of time for it as they have to take the gc in the back and process them there and half the time run into IT issues.

Yes, boats to Epcot and Studios

Bus to MK and AK should be about every 15 minutes or so. I've never had any issues with them, not have I heard of any here on this thread. Here it says 20-25 minutes but I would say they are giving themselves a cushion.

https://swandolphin.com/feedback/transportation/

Enjoy the trip, @SoloDisFan, you'll have a great visit.
The bus to and from MK was great on our trip this past April (Easter week). AK bus back to the resort was horrible. Both days we waited about an hour. One of the days we ended up walking over to the BC, BW and YC busses. That day someone was already waiting longer then us. This may have been just a mid-day issue as both days were around noon. It was also right at about shift change on our second day.

The bus to and from MK was great on our trip this past April (Easter week). AK bus back to the resort was horrible. Both days we waited about an hour. One of the days we ended up walking over to the BC, BW and YC busses. That day someone was already waiting longer then us. This may have been just a mid-day issue as both days were around noon. It was also right at about shift change on our second day.
Well, that AK experience was sure a bummer. Ugh! Thanks for sharing.

What about the bus to Disney Springs, does it only drop off at the west side or in the middle like the other busses?

What about the bus to Disney Springs, does it only drop off at the west side or in the middle like the other busses?
It does not drop off/pick up with the other Disney busses. We took Disney transportation to DS and when we went to leave at the end of the night, it took us a minute to find where we were going to get the bus.

What is the current drop off location at Disney springs from dolphin bus? Do they come often?

Those of who use Disney buses do you take from boardwalk or YC? We are staying at dolphin .

As of yet no changes, busses drop off behind Cirque. Depending on where you are going this is not very convenient, but for some it is. In some cases it works better to jump over to BW or BC/YC instead.

Thank you so much for the info. How far a walk is the Swan from Beach Club or Boardwalk?

Any advice for people who has been to Disney World several times, but will be staying at the Swan for the first time? They already have a hotel reservation. I told them about the bus transportation. I told them to download the Swan/Dolphin app. I told them to make a note of their hotel reservation number so that they can re-enter it if it drops off the MDE app. They know that they cannot use Magic Bands to open the room doors or charge to the room, but they plan to use Magic Bands for theme park entry and Photopass. They will not have a car.

Anything specific to the Swan that I forgot?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter