Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

If we want to go to magic kingdom and arrive around 745 am- can we order a Minnie van and where we will get dropped off. Can I only reserve that morning and how early?

If we want to go to magic kingdom and arrive around 745 am- can we order a Minnie van and where we will get dropped off. Can I only reserve that morning and how early?
You order a Minnie Van through the Lyft app when you want it. You do not order in advance.

Minnie Van drops you off in one of the bus slots at the Magic Kingdom.

To give you an idea of time: when I used a Minnie Van in October, I was staying at the BoardWalk. It took 15 minutes to get from the BoardWalk to the Magic Kingdom at 8:00 am.

Minnie Vans start operating at 6:30 am. However, my driver told me that some cast members have a shift that starts at 6:00 am and their Minnie Vans start operating at 6:30. Other cast members have a shift that starts at 6:30 am and their Minnie Vans start operating at 7:00. So every single Minnie Van is not on the road at 6:30.

@buzz1fan you should plan to be ready when you book your Minnie Van just like any ride share since your assigned Minnie Van could arrive in a couple (3-5) minutes or from almost anywhere on property.

The Minnie Vans show up on the live Lyft Map to give you a idea of how many are nearby.

Dave

I would start trying at 6:45am. It’s a rideshare pickup, not a reservation so you track their arrival on your phone and you have x minutes to get to the car before it leaves. If all MVs are busy and scheduled you won’t get one. Last time I tried one a bit after 7 it took almost 10 mins to find one + like 25 mins for it to arrive.

We will stay at the dolpin for one night tomorrow to the 24th of december, whats the best time to leave for the early access to epcot ? walk preferred

We will stay at the dolpin for one night tomorrow to the 24th of december, whats the best time to leave for the early access to epcot ? walk preferred
I would want to be at EP an hour before EE starts. EP is known to start loading people into pre-lines inside IG for Remy and even running Remy sometimes before EE starts.

We are interested in finding out more about these resorts for a two night stay next month. We will have three adults and are only doing one park day ( Epcot). We have our two dinners planned and are hoping for some pool time.
We'd appreciate advice or any info.
I've seen that Swan has queen beds which would be preferable, but what do you all like or dislike about each one?
We are sort of picky with wanting a clean room in good condition :)
We have been to WDW many times and are DVC members but haven't ever stayed here!
Thank you!

Does Swan and Dolphin provide benefits for Marriott elite status (silver or gold)? If so, what would be expected?

Does Swan and Dolphin provide benefits for Marriott elite status (silver or gold)? If so, what would be expected?
Yes. Nothing.

Maybe you get an upgrade, you most likely won’t. They aren’t known for being generous with elite upgrades but sometimes they surprise us.

Yes. Nothing.

Maybe you get an upgrade, you most likely won’t. They aren’t known for being generous with elite upgrades but sometimes they surprise us.
Like @gottalovepluto says, nothing; we’ve received a welcome gift once in about 30 visits at the Swan. Silver and Gold aren’t very special there as they are too numerous. Haven’t ever received an upgrade.

We stay at the swan and dolphin quite frequently as we are bonvoy members and their AP rates are usually much cheaper than the deluxe resort rates around the Boardwalk area. I was looking at a stay for February and it appears all of their rates including AP require a big chunk of change to be put down upon booking. This never used to be the case. Does anyone know when this changed? Even the regular rates require a huge pre-payment

I just booked the Swan for May, and it required first night down, which in my memory, has always been the case.
It’s asking me for $1,400 deposit and that’s for AP discount as well as regular old standard rate. When we booked previously, all we did was put a CC on file. I checked multiple dates, multiple rate and they’re all requiring a hefty deposit

It’s asking me for $1,400 deposit and that’s for AP discount as well as regular old standard rate. When we booked previously, all we did was put a CC on file. I checked multiple dates, multiple rate and they’re all requiring a hefty deposit
Since Marriott took over, they have always charged a one night deposit on our reservations. Have never seen the heftier deposit required, so perhaps that’s new or related to room type? Is this a non refundable rate?

We stay at the swan and dolphin quite frequently as we are bonvoy members and their AP rates are usually much cheaper than the deluxe resort rates around the Boardwalk area. I was looking at a stay for February and it appears all of their rates including AP require a big chunk of change to be put down upon booking. This never used to be the case. Does anyone know when this changed? Even the regular rates require a huge pre-payment
Ooh, just looked. It seems that right now, the deposit is being calculated on half the nights? I’ve never seen this before. Maybe this is a move to counteract the fact that many people make reservations that they never intend to use.

We are interested in finding out more about these resorts for a two night stay next month. We will have three adults and are only doing one park day ( Epcot). We have our two dinners planned and are hoping for some pool time.
We'd appreciate advice or any info.
I've seen that Swan has queen beds which would be preferable, but what do you all like or dislike about each one?
We are sort of picky with wanting a clean room in good condition :)
We have been to WDW many times and are DVC members but haven't ever stayed here!
Thank you!
With just adults, I’d definitely stay at Swan. The queens v doubles is worth it alone. Also, the dolphin is more kid friendly with the cafeteria style restaurant, plus the ice cream shop and the arcade. If you don’t need those amenities, then Swan. I personally prefer the Swan because it feels more “adult.”

You won’t have an issue with cleanliness and condition.

Ooh, just looked. It seems that right now, the deposit is being calculated on half the nights? I’ve never seen this before. Maybe this is a move to counteract the fact that many people make reservations that they never intend to use.
My vote is money isn’t as cheap as it used to be and customer deposits are free…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter