Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We booked our spring break Swan stay through Disney . So we don’t get any points for being Bonvoy members or any perks ? Should i have booked through Swan directly?

We booked our spring break Swan stay through Disney . So we don’t get any points for being Bonvoy members or any perks ? Should i have booked through Swan directly?
Bonvoy points and perks are only guaranteed on direct bookings. Sometimes you’ll still get stuff, sometimes not. Is it too late to change to a direct booking? If not I’d switch. They have discounts like AAA rates (watch the refundable policy though, sometimes those aren’t refundable and sometimes they are).

I linked my Marriott confirmation number to my Marriott account last year, and got my breakfast perk, even though I didn’t book direct with Marriott. There was a warning in my app when I went to do check-in that I may not receive my benefits, but the person checking me in was super nice, thanked me for my status and asked if I wanted points or breakfast. I’m not sure if we ended up getting a view upgrade since we booked a suite already, but our room was great, even though it was the lowest level of suite bookable. I did not get any Marriott points or elite nights for the stay.

Parking question: if we do not have a car the entire length of our stay, should we just grab a regular parking ticket at the parking lot when we arrive with a car? I remember they had the button to push to get a ticket when we were staying at the dolphin last year, is the parking price the same for day guests that is charged for hotel guests? I’m thinking it would be less hassle to just take a parking ticket versus trying to work out how many days of parking the front desk should charge us for. Anyone been in a similar situation and have any tips?

Parking question: if we do not have a car the entire length of our stay, should we just grab a regular parking ticket at the parking lot when we arrive with a car? I remember they had the button to push to get a ticket when we were staying at the dolphin last year, is the parking price the same for day guests that is charged for hotel guests? I’m thinking it would be less hassle to just take a parking ticket versus trying to work out how many days of parking the front desk should charge us for. Anyone been in a similar situation and have any tips?
The only difference between the day guest rate and the hotel guest rate, is that the hotel guest rate allows you to enter and exit the same day for no additional charge. Day guests are charged an additional day rate if they exit and re-enter the same day. When I was there in late November, daily rate was $34. If you’re planning to use the car during the day to go to dinner, etc, you would be better off to have the hotel guest rate with the in and out privileges. I’ve never done this, so don’t know how challenging it would be for the front desk to charge you properly.

The only difference between the day guest rate and the hotel guest rate, is that the hotel guest rate allows you to enter and exit the same day for no additional charge. Day guests are charged an additional day rate if they exit and re-enter the same day. When I was there in late November, daily rate was $34. If you’re planning to use the car during the day to go to dinner, etc, you would be better off to have the hotel guest rate with the in and out privileges. I’ve never done this, so don’t know how challenging it would be for the front desk to charge you properly.
I always drive when I go and have never had them ask at the front desk if I have a car. You get a ticket when you get to the gate and then somehow by magic, it seems to know at the end of the stay to charge you. Now, I've never tried the going in and out thing, I park my car when I get there and don't get back in it until I leave. There is a chat feature on their app. you might use and ask them.

Been here for 5 nights. Have 5 more to go.
Linked together 4 reservations and did not have to change rooms.

Dolphin looks great. Only call out would be the carpets seem a little warn. You can see the route the cleaning carts make each day.

Staff has been amazing. Top rate.

Go to Boardwalk or beach/yacht for MK buses. AK was awesome through the Dolphin.

I am ambassador for Bonvoy. Asked if u wanted points or breakfast or a welcome basket.

TRANSFER UPDATE:
I move next week to POP for the marathon weekend. Talked to bell desk today about transfers. They said they absolutely can help, unless it’s POP. I laughed because he thought they were kidding. They weren’t. They said that POP does not allow their vehicles to come on site and deliver luggage.

I’m actually at pop tomorrow to see a friend, so will be checking into this as it seems to be absolutely asinine that they can go to all resorts, except POP.

Dolphin looks great. Only call out would be the carpets seem a little warn. You can see the route the cleaning carts make each day.

Go to Boardwalk or beach/yacht for MK buses. AK was awesome through the Dolphin.

I am ambassador for Bonvoy. Asked if u wanted points or breakfast or a welcome basket.

TRANSFER UPDATE:
I move next week to POP for the marathon weekend. Talked to bell desk today about transfers. They said they absolutely can help, unless it’s POP. I laughed because he thought they were kidding. They weren’t. They said that POP does not allow their vehicles to come on site and deliver luggage.

I’m actually at pop tomorrow to see a friend, so will be checking into this as it seems to be absolutely asinine that they can go to all resorts, except POP.
Just talked to POP and they said they accept transfers from there. Will stop back tomorrow more info and talk to someone else at the Dolphin bell desk.

1703896349494.png

It's weird, but I'm pretty sure I read that's just the pattern of the carpet. I agree that it looks bad and I'm not sure why they would have chosen that design. Glad you're having a good stay! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

TRANSFER UPDATE:

Woah. I’ve definitely transferred from Pop to Swolphin but haven’t tried the opposite direction. I thought they dropped at all the Disney hotels!

Adding to the carpet discussion, it isn't worn out. It's the pattern. I always thought it was supposed to represent coral and waves of water, but that's just my take on it. :)

Just talked to POP and they said they accept transfers from there. Will stop back tomorrow more info and talk to someone else at the Dolphin bell desk.
And just talked to Dolphin again and they will NOT transfer luggage to POP.

Manager said they used to and had an issue with them having to pick out by the main lot, come in and get a cart, and then come back with the luggage.
All other Disney’s locations they pull up to the luggage area.
They had it fixed, then after a month they got a new manager of the luggage services at POP, who changed it all back to the old way.
So for the last 5 months Dolphin (or the company they does the transfers) will not go to POP, but will go to every other resort because they seem to have common sense about it.

Having lunch at POP today at POP so it will be interesting to see what they say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter