Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

And just talked to Dolphin again and they will NOT transfer luggage to POP.

Manager said they used to and had an issue with them having to pick out by the main lot, come in and get a cart, and then come back with the luggage.
All other Disney’s locations they pull up to the luggage area.
They had it fixed, then after a month they got a new manager of the luggage services at POP, who changed it all back to the old way.
So for the last 5 months Dolphin (or the company they does the transfers) will not go to POP, but will go to every other resort because they seem to have common sense about it.

Having lunch at POP today at POP so it will be interesting to see what they say.
If it comes to finding another solution and if you do not want to Lyft/Uber to Pop with your luggage, maybe sending them to AoA and walking them across the bridge would work?

If it comes to finding another solution and if you do not want to Lyft/Uber to Pop with your luggage, maybe sending them to AoA and walking them across the bridge would work?
I’ll Uber if I have to. Just have a lot of stuff with a 10 day stay at Dolphin before the marathon weekend at POP. 4 races worth of running gear and costumes add up quick. Just annoyed that POP is the only one with the issue. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I’ll Uber if I have to. Just have a lot of stuff with a 10 day stay at Dolphin before the marathon weekend at POP. 4 races worth of running gear and costumes add up quick. Just annoyed that POP is the only one with the issue. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Last post.
Just talked to POP.
ALL transfers park at the same spot. Disney or Swan/Dolphin.
So it’s not just a Dolphin thing.
Also includes deliveries for the most part. Saw them making people move as I was waiting to talk to the manager.

He threw out most resorts have 200-250 check ins today. POP was 500-600. So the reason for moving the deliveries and transfers was so keep things clear for the guests arriving. Kinda makes sense. Glad I got the info from POP as well vs just the Dolphin.

Guess I will have to Take a Uber/taxi.

Happy new years everyone

what do you all like or dislike about each one?

hoping for some pool time.

With just adults, I’d definitely stay at Swan. The queens v doubles is worth it alone. Also, the dolphin is more kid friendly with the cafeteria style restaurant, plus the ice cream shop and the arcade. If you don’t need those amenities, then Swan. I personally prefer the Swan because it feels more “adult.”

You won’t have an issue with cleanliness and condition.

Both resorts are very nice. The biggest difference (IMO) is the size of the resorts. The Dolphin is bigger with a much larger/cavernous lobby - it feels more like a resort lobby. The Swan lobby is more understated and quieter. Depending on your room location, you could have a fairly long walk getting to your room at the Dolphin. You already mentioned the queen-size beds at the Swan v. the double-size beds at Dolphin. The Dolphin has more amenities in the building, but it's a very short walk from the Swan to the Dolphin to use those same amenities. Overall my preference is the Swan, for the quiet and ease of getting in/out of the resort, but we've enjoyed both.

Thanks-
I'm filing this away for the future, as we decided to add a park day after all and booked Pop to save money. But I've always wanted to try one of these resorts- the pool looks lovely!
Agreeing with all the above thoughts. Most of my trips are solo. I prefer the Swan.
Is the laundry room for the Swan Reserve at the Dolphin? Is the walk a hassle?
I would say, for me, it would be a bit of a hassle. If you walked and wound your way through the Grotto Pool area, it is about 1,500 feet to the laundry area. If you headed toward the Swan and then the causeway between the Swan and Dolphin, you are looking at about 1,800 feet.

Years ago the Swan and Dolphin had their own refillable mug program. Do they still have them. Just planning for a visit and like a lot of coffee and drinks. Thanks

Hello everyone!

Can any recent guests tell me what I will receive at check in regards to tickets…key to the world card? Something else? In addition to swan room key?

I’m not planning on using magic bands for my next trip.

Thanks!

Hello everyone!

Can any recent guests tell me what I will receive at check in regards to tickets…key to the world card? Something else? In addition to swan room key?

I’m not planning on using magic bands for my next trip.

Thanks!
Here is an article on KTTW. If what they give for your ticket isn’t one try guest services at the park. Link

Has anyone used a Marriott gift card to cover resort fees/room charges? I received a targeted email offer for 20% off Marriott e-gift cards, seems like an easy way to save a bit on resort fees. I think I received the offer because I have a Marriott Boundless card, so check your emails if you have a Marriott credit card!

I have at Swan & SR. You do it on check-out day, but block a chunk of time for it as they have to take the gc in the back and process them there and half the time run into IT issues.
Reading through as I stayed at Swan last May and will be here in February again for just a night as I'm staying at BCV right before, but family will be at Swan.

I've used the Marriott gift card (after getting the 20% offer on one of my Bonvoy cards).

What I did was present it at check in and had it added to my account. Either I had great luck or an incredible check in person. The whole check in took about 3 minutes, which included changing my blocked room to a courtyard view with balcony. No one went to the back room. My gift card was not quite enough to cover my charges, so I had no overage, and had booked using FNC's. If I had a card that was more than my charges would be, it might be prudent to wait til checkout.

I monitored my account daily while there. It only takes a minute or two but I always find it easier to resolve issues when I have time as opposed to when trying to leave. As it was everything was perfect.

I had a 1 night stay at Swan last week. I have had HORRIBLE luck with Swan, love SR but I swore off Swan. The only reason I was willing to do this was I had a FNC and SR & Dolphin didn’t have availability and it was just for 1 night. I had a 1 SNA left and I applied that to try to get an alcove room. To my shock it cleared. And then to my utter shock on check-in I was told I had been upgraded to a Grand Suite and received keys for the bedroom and the parlor room. Needless to say that was my best Swan stay ever, too bad the space was mostly a novelty as I was a solo traveler just looking to crash for the night 😂 Obviously being just 1 night upped the chances for an upgrade but I didn’t even expect the SNA to clear lol. Fwiw I got the impression at the Disney hotels I stayed in (ASMu, CSR, YC) it was pretty quiet last week and I don’t think Swan was any different- and prices for Swolphin only increased up to my trip so that was weird…

No ants dropping on my face this time, no peeling fiberglass in the tub and no chipped tiles all around the tub/shower- Swan *might* go back on my list 🤔

Great info for me! I was debating on my next December's trip and to hear the 2nd week of December was quiet tells me to try it. I did first week this year which was wonderful, but I tend to like quiet weeks. I'm going to try to start or extend my trip, hopefully with points.

Does Swan and Dolphin provide benefits for Marriott elite status (silver or gold)? If so, what would be expected?
Yes. Nothing.

Maybe you get an upgrade, you most likely won’t. They aren’t known for being generous with elite upgrades but sometimes they surprise us.
Hmm, it is mostly about what is available. I 'used' to be platinum. Hopefully I'll have it again in 2024. Last Swan trip I was gold and I was given a view upgrade but asked to switch to a balcony upgrade which was honored. I prefer being able to open the glass door and breathing in somewhat fresh air to looking at a view, but that's just me.

As platinum at other hotels I struggled with SNA's. I can't say I received anything meaningful although I was 'told' I got upgraded once. It was what I had booked and paid for. I've gotten the free breakfasts a few times, and I've chosen to take pantry items instead of the breakfast also. I've had one hotel try to tell me I only got the credit for one night and refused to put it on my account. I just charged to the limit and had it corrected later by a different individual that had a clue.

For the most part I'm moving away from Marriott as I find it getting more difficult to earn and use rewards. The Swan, however was in my life since the 90ties and even though I haven't stayed there much since buying DVC, my last visit was good, so I'll keep my options open.

I can finally say we’ll be at WDW this week! 🎉

We usually stay at Disney resorts with magic bands to charge back to our room. I know this isn’t an option at these resorts. Has anyone gone walletless in the parks & just used their mobile wallet or MDE app for purchases? I can’t think of a time we’ve actually taken a card out for purchases, except at table service restaurants. Anyone have experience using a mobile wallet at sit down restaurants in the parks? We have both Disney gift cards & CCs in our mobile wallets. I would love to not have to worry about taking a wallet into the parks during our trip if possible.

Question about passholder rates at the Swan: how do you find and book? Do you have to call? Who do you call and does anyone have the number?

Thank you!

I book through the Marriott Bonvoy website using the Corporate Code QWH for the passholder rate. Easy!

Thank you! I was looking at just one night (2/10/24) in a no view double queen. The rate with taxes and resort fee is $403.

Right now I have a less expensive (for me using my rewards) booking using another source (Chase rewards).

I guess it's just expensive in February. ):

That rate is about $70 cheaper than with no AP though.

Last edited:
What I did was present it at check in and had it added to my account. Either I had great luck or an incredible check in person. The whole check in took about 3 minutes, which included changing my blocked room to a courtyard view with balcony. No one went to the back room. My gift card was not quite enough to cover my charges, so I had no overage, and had booked using FNC's. If I had a card that was more than my charges would be, it might be prudent to wait til checkout.
They refused gc on check in every time I tried over the last couple years :(

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter