Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Great info for me! I was debating on my next December's trip and to hear the 2nd week of December was quiet tells me to try it. I did first week this year which was wonderful, but I tend to like quiet weeks. I'm going to try to start or extend my trip, hopefully with points.
I’d do it again.

Just a warning their points prices are getting even more absurd. Last year fam members were able to top off 50k certs for Swolphin but I’m trying to help a family member this year for Spring and he was only able to use 1, almost fully topped off. All other days of his trip are over 70k/nt at all the hotels.

I can finally say we’ll be at WDW this week! 🎉

We usually stay at Disney resorts with magic bands to charge back to our room. I know this isn’t an option at these resorts. Has anyone gone walletless in the parks & just used their mobile wallet or MDE app for purchases? I can’t think of a time we’ve actually taken a card out for purchases, except at table service restaurants. Anyone have experience using a mobile wallet at sit down restaurants in the parks? We have both Disney gift cards & CCs in our mobile wallets. I would love to not have to worry about taking a wallet into the parks during our trip if possible.
I always carry my ID with me for safety reasons, but in both my daily life and my WDW Parks life, I charge everything via Apple Pay - I have an Apple Watch and an iPhone and tap to pay is several seconds faster than charging to the MB. It works great and even when I stay at a Disney hotel, I don't charge to my MB bc this is easier.

Your mileage may vary at sit downs. Disney isn't there yet with tap to pay at all spots. And with GC, they have to take your phone to get the card number.

This might be of some help, at least a bit of an explanations, dynamic pricing based on occupancy levels.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...ay-at-the-swan-and-dolphin-next-week.3936536/

Yes. I totally get it. I might keep looking at it up until I'm just before cancellation for my room.

Sometimes, closer to dates will give a better price if they haven't sold out. In any case I have a room, but if that rate was better, I'd get my elite nights and points.

I’d do it again.

Just a warning their points prices are getting even more absurd. Last year fam members were able to top off 50k certs for Swolphin but I’m trying to help a family member this year for Spring and he was only able to use 1, almost fully topped off. All other days of his trip are over 70k/nt at all the hotels.
I've used UR's and it was about 31K for the night I needed. My certificates finally worked at the Celebration hotel for 39k bonvoy points (35K cert and 4K points). I've got a waitlist in for the night at BCV and if it comes I'll keep my UR's!

edit: yes, I saw bonvoy points at 77k for my Feb night.

editing again: I'm glad I have options! BCV is easy for me to walk to Swan to be with family, and I don't have to pay resort fee and parking. DVC points my cost is roughly $170 in dues using my own points.

However, the coffee at Java is a whole lot better at 6am!

Last edited:

I can finally say we’ll be at WDW this week! 🎉

We usually stay at Disney resorts with magic bands to charge back to our room. I know this isn’t an option at these resorts. Has anyone gone walletless in the parks & just used their mobile wallet or MDE app for purchases? I can’t think of a time we’ve actually taken a card out for purchases, except at table service restaurants. Anyone have experience using a mobile wallet at sit down restaurants in the parks? We have both Disney gift cards & CCs in our mobile wallets. I would love to not have to worry about taking a wallet into the parks during our trip if possible.
It's rare, but there have been days when the system goes down and you can't charge.

You might be someone who says, "That doesn't happen often, and if it does, we'll just wait until we get back to the hotel."

Or you might be someone who says, "I'm going to have a little bit of cash on me, just in case."

Do you leave all of your cash at home? Or do you bring some cash and leave it in your room?

Nonsense. I stayed at the Swan on Oct. 30 & 31, and the Dolphin on Dec. 11 & 12. Both rooms were clean and not in need of renovation. Stay away from Tripadvisor. 😊
I concur. We just got back and the rooms were in terrific condition, I would highly recommend. Just keep an eye on your bill. Get an itemized bill, I found extra days of parking fees added and a charge to the room at the gift shop that wasn't mine. That probably happens at lots of places though.

It's rare, but there have been days when the system goes down and you can't charge.

You might be someone who says, "That doesn't happen often, and if it does, we'll just wait until we get back to the hotel."

Or you might be someone who says, "I'm going to have a little bit of cash on me, just in case."

Do you leave all of your cash at home? Or do you bring some cash and leave it in your room?
I bring a small amount of cash and leave most of it in the safe. I always have a $20 on me just in case. I don't use mobile wallet or anything like that. I do go bagless sometimes and just carry my phone and a disposable poncho in a pocket (If I have a pocket). I have one of those little card holders on the back of my phone that holds my room key, my ID and a CC. I can slip the $20 either in there or a pocket. Epcot is always my first park and I buy one of the gift cards that goes around your wrist since I don't like to charge small amounts to my cc. That way I'm prepared with a little cash, my CC and a gift card. A few years ago I was there for F&G and a big thunder storm did weird stuff to the cash registers. They could take any kind of card you could swipe but not the gift cards on the wrist that had to be scanned. A smart CM at one of the booths took the trouble to look in the big book and figured out they could key in the numbers on the card. I had to tell CM's that they could do that for the first day, the second day, someone higher up told them to do it. By the third day the registers worked again. A regular gift card worked because those can be swiped like a cc.

HI Everyone,

I am somewhat new to having Marriott elite status and am a Platinum member. I am sorry if these questions have been asked here before but I am feeling a bit overwhelmed and had a couple of questions.
1) Are any of the resorts - Swan, Dolphin, or Reserve better with giving elite status benefits based on your experiences?
2) I am considering booking 2 rooms using the "Escape! Your way Family package." Does anyone know if that will impact my ability to get upgrades/breakfast vouchers?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

We arrive at the Swan next Saturday! When does the online check in through the Marriott app start? The morning of?

Also, if I call to request close/connecting rooms will the online check in impact that request at all, or is there somewhere to note that request when doing online check in as well?

I know sometimes with the Disney Resorts if you call to make a request and then make a request with the online check in it can wipe out the original request.

HI Everyone,

I am somewhat new to having Marriott elite status and am a Platinum member. I am sorry if these questions have been asked here before but I am feeling a bit overwhelmed and had a couple of questions.
1) Are any of the resorts - Swan, Dolphin, or Reserve better with giving elite status benefits based on your experiences?
2) I am considering booking 2 rooms using the "Escape! Your way Family package." Does anyone know if that will impact my ability to get upgrades/breakfast vouchers?

The Swan Reserve has more suites so if that is what you are hoping for, it is a better chance depending your dates. That said, these are some of the highest occupancy Marriott hotels around so I wouldn't expect anything and recommend to book the room category you want. Upgrades are a happy surprise and not the norm and Ambassador and Titanium members will be prioritized above Platinum and almost everyone who stays there has some sort of Marriott status. :-) I say this as a Titanium member downgrading to Platinum this year.

I don't ever book with the package so I can't speak to getting vouchers from it. You could call Marriott and ask.

We arrive at the Swan next Saturday! When does the online check in through the Marriott app start? The morning of?

Also, if I call to request close/connecting rooms will the online check in impact that request at all, or is there somewhere to note that request when doing online check in as well?

I know sometimes with the Disney Resorts if you call to make a request and then make a request with the online check in it can wipe out the original request.
Typically it is 24-48 hours ahead when you'll get a push notification and email saying you can check in via the Marriott Mobile App.

There are no room requests in that process so if you are looking for a request, I would call the Swan and Dolphin reservations team today and talk to them.

This is all managed by Marriott so Disney's processes aren't part of their flow.

I am considering booking 2 rooms using the "Escape! Your way Family package." Does anyone know if that will impact my ability to get upgrades/breakfast vouchers?

As far as breakfast vouchers it should not impact them. Plats gets breakfast vouchers for 2 people, even if they have more guests or more rooms it’s just for 2. At all 3 hotels you can do a sit down continental for 2 I believe OR at Swan/Dolphin you get $20/day valid at QS, at Swan Reserve you can have continental breakfast for 2 delivered.

For the most part I'm moving away from Marriott as I find it getting more difficult to earn and use rewards. The Swan, however was in my life since the 90ties and even though I haven't stayed there much since buying DVC, my last visit was good, so I'll keep my options open.
I'd be curious to who you are moving to? Really just Wyndham, Hilton or IHC as alternative and not great choices

Not sure if I've seen this discussed here or not. I believe the parking fee went up $2 already and the resort fee is going up $5 on 1/15. I had to call about a reservation I have for 1/25-1/30 and they said the resort fee would still be $40 for my reservation since i booked before they raise it.

I'd be curious to who you are moving to? Really just Wyndham, Hilton or IHC as alternative and not great choices

I've stayed with all of them. There is also Hyatt. As far as the Disney area, I'm a DVC member so most of my trips will focus on using my DVC points.

With regard to the rest of the travel I do, Hilton, Hyatt and IHG are usually acceptable choices for me. Not every hotel, obviously, but I do watch for new openings and updated hotels and try to stay away from the less desirable choices.

Not sure if I've seen this discussed here or not. I believe the parking fee went up $2 already and the resort fee is going up $5 on 1/15. I had to call about a reservation I have for 1/25-1/30 and they said the resort fee would still be $40 for my reservation since i booked before they raise it.
Thanks. I did check and yes, regular parking is now $36 per night, plus tax. Valet is still $44 plus tax. I updated the OP. I will update the resort fee when it goes up to $45 plus tax.

Yes, I’ve decided to not rent a car for the first time in years. I’m there to relax and not worried about parktime, so I’d rather save some money.

Hi Everyone. First stay at the Swan for us later in January. We originally were going in Nov, but it was that tropical storm and we pushed to Jan. I just realized today that the new reservation only had me on it. I've called and they updated the occupancy to 2 (they didn't ask for my DH's name). Once that's updated in their system (they said 45 minutes), then I should be able to see my DH in MDE? That's only showing me when I added the reservation number.

I just want to make sure I can book his LLs/G+ when the day comes...I know from reading here I should be double checking when it comes time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter