• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone have pics of the recently renovated Swan rooms? When speaking with the Swan they said they just in the last couple of months completed a refurb of the rooms.

Does anyone have pics of the recently renovated Swan rooms? When speaking with the Swan they said they just in the last couple of months completed a refurb of the rooms.
I didn’t make a picture, but our refurbished King/Balcony room on the 7th floor had faux hardwood floors and new furniture. It was very nice. But, it had a tub/shower instead of the walk-in shower we have always had in a King room at the Swan. We were told that during the refurbishment, they converted former Queen rooms into Kings. If you need a walk-in shower,make sure you ask about it on checkin.

I didn’t make a picture, but our refurbished King/Balcony room on the 7th floor had faux hardwood floors and new furniture. It was very nice. But, it had a tub/shower instead of the walk-in shower we have always had in a King room at the Swan. We were told that during the refurbishment, they converted former Queen rooms into Kings. If you need a walk-in shower,make sure you ask about it on checkin.
Thanks for the info. We (me, wife, girls 13/15) will be staying in a 2 queen room this July before our Fantasy cruise. We were able to get 3 nights on points and pay for the 4th. Linked to MDE successfully. Our first time back to the Swan in many years.

Thanks for the info. We (me, wife, girls 13/15) will be staying in a 2 queen room this July before our Fantasy cruise. We were able to get 3 nights on points and pay for the 4th. Linked to MDE successfully. Our first time back to the Swan in many years.
Have a great time! I love the two vanities in the Swan! That will work so well having your girls there.

Didn't they refurb the Swan a couple of years ago? Am I out to lunch on this?

Does anyone know if there's a similar plan for the rooms at The Dolphin?

I posted a bunch of pics of a refreshed room after my stay in late November/early December. Check backward to that timeframe in this thread - they should still be here.

They completed the room refurbs in 2017 which also included the Dolphin lobby, the Swan lobby got refurb in 2018 and completed it 2019. I find it strange they have not made a bigger announcement about the room refreshes at the Swan.

We’re looking to do just one night on our debarkation day on the Wish in May and I had no idea the Swan rooms were just refurbed. Might change our calculus since the AP rate is identical between Swan and Dolphin. I didn’t find my room at the Dolphin this past Labor Day to feel all that tired though, fwiw.

So still planning an upcoming stay, unfortunately the Dolphin is the only option of the three.
The rooms were always pretty dated and I hear they still are.
Even with an recent refreb they take a lot of abuse I guess.
I don't hold up much hope for any sort of upgrade, even as Lifetime Titanium.

My last stay at Swan was 2021 and it was fine. (before the faux hardwood floors I think since I don't recall those)
Unfortunately the Swan and Reserve are not available but Ill keep looking - Id prefer those - especially as I am using my 85k cert before it expires as part of the payments.

Anyway - my question is if I check out of the Dolphin on a Wednesday do I still have access to the extended Deluxe hours at MK that night?

I am pretty sure I do, but wanted to be sure, especially with all the issues and linking reservations etc..

So still planning an upcoming stay, unfortunately the Dolphin is the only option of the three.
The rooms were always pretty dated and I hear they still are.
Even with an recent refreb they take a lot of abuse I guess.
I don't hold up much hope for any sort of upgrade, even as Lifetime Titanium.

My last stay at Swan was 2021 and it was fine. (before the faux hardwood floors I think since I don't recall those)
Unfortunately the Swan and Reserve are not available but Ill keep looking - Id prefer those - especially as I am using my 85k cert before it expires as part of the payments.

Anyway - my question is if I check out of the Dolphin on a Wednesday do I still have access to the extended Deluxe hours at MK that night?

I am pretty sure I do, but wanted to be sure, especially with all the issues and linking reservations etc..
I did not find the rooms at the Dolphin to be dated when I stayed in September.

And yes you do have access to EEH on check out day. Just keep double checking to make sure your reservation is still linked on the app. I would take a screenshot of it just in case.

Planning a trip for January 2025 and we are doing our first ever split stay. My first round of questions revolves around accommodations. It's my understanding that I can book connecting rooms as guaranteed.

I am looking to have 3 or 4 fixed beds so King/Double x2 or King/Queen x2 or Double/Queen x 4. Not considering sofa beds for sleeping surfaces. Also hoping to have a "living room" area and a table and chairs would be a bonus.

Is there a substantial difference in the Alcove rooms with a connecting room between the Swan and Dolphin? Does the placement in their respective resorts have better or worse locations? Is the furniture basically the same at both resorts?

Also like the look of the king or Double premium rooms at the Dolphin with the partial wall separating the sleeping and living spaces. Do these rooms have a connecting room option?

Are the 2 bedroom parlor suites at the Dolphin outrageously priced? Generally speaking, I am looking to keep the nightly price around $800 or less. We have AAA but unsure if any of these special rooms qualify for a discount. DH is a funeral director so no discount there. DD22 interns at a hospital. What documentation is needed for a medical field discount?

I like the bathroom set-up better at the Swan but it looks as if the Dolphin has more options. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

We’re looking to do just one night on our debarkation day on the Wish in May and I had no idea the Swan rooms were just refurbed...
It's my understanding that not all rooms are refurbished yet, and there is no way to reserve one of the refurbed rooms. Since they've made no announcements its hard to know the schedule and when they will be complete. Just wanted you to know, YMMV

It's my understanding that not all rooms are refurbished yet, and there is no way to reserve one of the refurbed rooms. Since they've made no announcements its hard to know the schedule and when they will be complete. Just wanted you to know, YMMV
When I called the Swan a couple of weeks ago, they said all the rooms were done with refurb. Maybe they were misinformed?

Do you know when they started the renos? I dont keep up as much on the Swan side

Do you know when they started the renos? I dont keep up as much on the Swan side
During our most recent two stays at the Swan, they were refurbishing (late Sept and late November, 2023). We were on the 9th and 7th floors respectively, and I think they were working their way down. 7th floor was finished in November, but we could hear noise from the lower floors refurbishment. In September, on the ninth floor, we could hear construction type noises, which I assume was refurbishment elsewhere. The noise in November was so loud when we were taking a break in our room around 4:00 p.m. I inquired about it and was told there would be “construction“ until 6:00 p.m. At this point, the balcony work had been finished, so I assumed it was refurbishing. Hopefully, it’s completed now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter