Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Did you happen to notice if all the balcony work on both resorts seemed to have been completed?
It seemed to be finished in our second visit. I think they finished Dolphin first. They were still working on Swan in September, but I didn’t see the cranes there in December. I’m not sure when they add the tiny ramp type thing for easy access to the sliding glass door. That could be with the room refurb.

It seemed to be finished in our second visit. I think they finished Dolphin first. They were still working on Swan in September, but I didn’t see the cranes there in December. I’m not sure when they add the tiny ramp type thing for easy access to the sliding glass door. That could be with the room refurb.
Great! Thank you.

Are we able to have cases of water delivered? It's been a while since I've flown, so we always just load up on the way in. Is there a preferred service (amazon, instacart, etc.)?

When I called the Swan a couple of weeks ago, they said all the rooms were done with refurb. Maybe they were misinformed?
Do the refurbed rooms show on the website? The Grand Suite I had on Dec looked like the photos they show online and the bedroom portion looked like the normal rooms look online. If that’s the old style they had not completed all renovations as of mid-Dec at least.

Do the refurbed rooms show on the website? The Grand Suite I had on Dec looked like the photos they show online and the bedroom portion looked like the normal rooms look online. If that’s the old style they had not completed all renovations as of mid-Dec at least.
For an unknown reason they have not updated the site with new photos yet.

Quick question - I've tried looking at pictures but I can't tell for sure - Did the Dolphin erect that same rope/stone
barriers along their beaches like Disney did after the tragic alligator attack in 2016?

Thank you Dan - you are a wealth of information!
Just to be aware, I have not been there since late 2017. We did spend time by the S/D beach area then, nothing there then. Also, I have not heard of any barriers. But Crescent Lake is not supposed to ne used for wading or swimming. And Swan boats are still being used.

Does anyone have the floor plan/layout for the hotel portion of Dolphin? I cannot find it anywhere online. To be clear, I mean a map of the rooms in relation to the lobby, elevators, exits, etc., not a diagram of how the rooms are furnished. The only thing I can find for Dolphin are maps of the convention/meeting portion of the hotel.

Does anyone have the floor plan/layout for the hotel portion of Dolphin? I cannot find it anywhere online. To be clear, I mean a map of the rooms in relation to the lobby, elevators, exits, etc., not a diagram of how the rooms are furnished. The only thing I can find for Dolphin are maps of the convention/meeting portion of the hotel.
I've never seen any like that.

I’m several hundred posts behind right now, so please forgive me if this has been discussed. Are the days of “deals” for the Swolphin resorts gone? I haven’t stayed since 2019, but I periodically window shop for stays. I never find anything below $300/night (including resort fees and taxes). I’ve stayed here so many times on points when it was Starwood and on great Priceline deals (like $69/night). Hoping that there are still great deals out there and maybe I’m just looking at the wrong dates.

I’m several hundred posts behind right now, so please forgive me if this has been discussed. Are the days of “deals” for the Swolphin resorts gone? I haven’t stayed since 2019, but I periodically window shop for stays. I never find anything below $300/night (including resort fees and taxes). I’ve stayed here so many times on points when it was Starwood and on great Priceline deals (like $69/night). Hoping that there are still great deals out there and maybe I’m just looking at the wrong dates.
I don’t think so. Those days are long gone. Just like the days when I paid $199 for the Yacht Club or Beach Club.

Last edited:
$69 is a long gone dream. Heck the resort fee alone is like $45- although Marriott includes it now on direct quotes. $300 including resort fee is pretty much as good as it gets.

$69 is a long gone dream. Heck the resort fee alone is like $45- although Marriott includes it now on direct quotes. $300 including resort fee is pretty much as good as it gets.
The only way you would see a significant discount is if the economy was like 2008/2009 or when COVID hit. Otherwise it is simply supply and demand that drives the price to be what it is. People are willing to pay the current prices so Marriott has no incentive to offer crazy good deals right now.

I don’t think so. Those days are long gone. Just like the days when I paid $199 for the Yacht Club or Beach Club.

The only way you would see a significant discount is if the economy was like 2008/2009 or when COVID hit. Otherwise it is simply supply and demand that drives the price to be what it is. People are willing to pay the current prices so Marriott has no incentive to offer crazy good deals right now.
I figured as much but was just hoping someone would say “here’s some dates you can go for super cheap!”
I just can’t justify this if I can get a Disney hotel cheaper. Maybe one day though…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter