Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm not sure where the blame lands, it if's just more Disney IT SNAFU or if this is how Disney punishes non-Disney resort guests. Somehow there is a disconnect that nobody, not Disney and not Swan/Dolphin are either explaining or trying to resolve. This non-sense started during Covid and I can give them a pass during that time, but in 2024 this should have been resolved a couple years ago.
This happened well before Covid. Agree that it should have been fixed long ago. I guess because it’s a Marriott/Disney IT mismatch problem, no one will own it.

This happened well before Covid. Agree that it should have been fixed long ago. I guess because it’s a Marriott/Disney IT mismatch problem, no one will own it.
I think it might be a random thing and how the stars are aligned and how you hold your mouth and if you turn around 3 times and spit into the wind type thing. I have an upcoming stay in April. I've never had my reservation drop from MDE on my computer but just to make sure I decided to check it. When using Chrome nothing shows on my account, no tickets (I have an AP) no reservation for Dolphin, no park reservations (again AP have to make them). Nada. Well, hmmm. So I go to Firefox and log in and low and behold - insert Angels singing - everything is there. So I go to the APP on my phone. Yep, all good. I guess Chrome just decided to be difficult today.

I think it might be a random thing and how the stars are aligned and how you hold your mouth and if you turn around 3 times and spit into the wind type thing. I have an upcoming stay in April. I've never had my reservation drop from MDE on my computer but just to make sure I decided to check it. When using Chrome nothing shows on my account, no tickets (I have an AP) no reservation for Dolphin, no park reservations (again AP have to make them). Nada. Well, hmmm. So I go to Firefox and log in and low and behold - insert Angels singing - everything is there. So I go to the APP on my phone. Yep, all good. I guess Chrome just decided to be difficult today.
This made my morning. We only had our reservation drop once in the four times we've stayed, and I think we definitely must have forgotten that third turn ;)

I am staying in Dolphin next month, and I have to visit MK from there. What's the best way to reach MK from Dolphin?

(1) Many suggest walking to YC for Disney buses so that you will be dropped off MK's door (but YC customers are unhappy about it)
(2) One blogger preferred Dolphin's buses because they are not crowded (since none is using them?:))

Both sound reasonable. Which transportation do you prefer from Dolphin to MK?

Thanks!

@dunalduck honestly its a bit of a toss up between YC or BW both are about the same walk. Back in 2021 there was a lot of concern about it using the Disney buses, I found a bit of info you can read here. It's from Disney itself and makes it clear that Disney buses are for all, not just resort guests. Over the years since this started I've never ready about any S/D guests being turned away or harassed. There were some issues at YC/BC with Epcot guests flooding the resort and jumping on the buses, either exiting or using the International Gateway to save walking through Epcot, but no stories I'ven seen about S/D guests.

I think using YC/BC makes more sense if you wanting to rope drop, but if you're going a bit later and taking it easy the S/D buses should work just great. The only other place I might use Disney is for going to Downtown Disney.

I am staying in Dolphin next month, and I have to visit MK from there. What's the best way to reach MK from Dolphin?

(1) Many suggest walking to YC for Disney buses so that you will be dropped off MK's door (but YC customers are unhappy about it)
(2) One blogger preferred Dolphin's buses because they are not crowded (since none is using them?:))

Both sound reasonable. Which transportation do you prefer from Dolphin to MK?

Thanks!
I've done the bus from Dolphin, done the walk to YC and taken their bus and done the walk to BW and taken their bus. For me, it was 6 or one half dozen of another. I would probably not ever do the YC bus again just because 9 out 10 times that bus has to also stop at BC and I wouldn't want to take up a seat from someone actually staying there. The bus from BW wasn't crowded at all, but it was sort of mid-morning when I took it and I was actually at BW shopping and decided to go to MK, didn't walk over there just to get on the bus. The one from Dolphin itself was not crowded. I'm guessing it was pretty darn close to rope drop. Where they drop you off is a short walk to security at TTC then you have to decide on which mode of transportation you want to take to MK - boat or Monorail (I opted for boat). Security was pretty crowded but it was also crowded at the gate where the Disney buses drop you off so that was a wash. The boat left as soon as I got on it and there was standing room only. I figured I'd rather stand on the boat then the monorail. I'll be back at Dolphin the first week in April and will most likely take the bus from Dolphin to TTC again. Caveat, I'm not normally a rope dropper and am not ever in a hurry so even if I'm accidently rope dropping because I got up early, I don't mind going through TTC.

@dunalduck honestly its a bit of a toss up between YC or BW both are about the same walk. Back in 2021 there was a lot of concern about it using the Disney buses, I found a bit of info you can read here. It's from Disney itself and makes it clear that Disney buses are for all, not just resort guests. Over the years since this started I've never ready about any S/D guests being turned away or harassed. There were some issues at YC/BC with Epcot guests flooding the resort and jumping on the buses, either exiting or using the International Gateway to save walking through Epcot, but no stories I'ven seen about S/D guests.

I think using YC/BC makes more sense if you wanting to rope drop, but if you're going a bit later and taking it easy the S/D buses should work just great. The only other place I might use Disney is for going to Downtown Disney.

I've done the bus from Dolphin, done the walk to YC and taken their bus and done the walk to BW and taken their bus. For me, it was 6 or one half dozen of another. I would probably not ever do the YC bus again just because 9 out 10 times that bus has to also stop at BC and I wouldn't want to take up a seat from someone actually staying there. The bus from BW wasn't crowded at all, but it was sort of mid-morning when I took it and I was actually at BW shopping and decided to go to MK, didn't walk over there just to get on the bus. The one from Dolphin itself was not crowded. I'm guessing it was pretty darn close to rope drop. Where they drop you off is a short walk to security at TTC then you have to decide on which mode of transportation you want to take to MK - boat or Monorail (I opted for boat). Security was pretty crowded but it was also crowded at the gate where the Disney buses drop you off so that was a wash. The boat left as soon as I got on it and there was standing room only. I figured I'd rather stand on the boat then the monorail. I'll be back at Dolphin the first week in April and will most likely take the bus from Dolphin to TTC again. Caveat, I'm not normally a rope dropper and am not ever in a hurry so even if I'm accidently rope dropping because I got up early, I don't mind going through TTC.
Great replies.

Agreed with this 100%. I stayed at the Swan this week and unless we needed to be at the front of the pack for rope drop, I find the Swan busses actually super nice. The seats are comfier IMO, and less crowded. I find especially coming home at the end of the night I don't have to be crammed in a bus with standing room only; it was so nice having a seat. I also actually like taking the monorail or ferry to MK as well just for the fun views/ride when I'm not in a hurry. But I've used the Boardwalk and/or YC/BC busses plenty of times with no issue for rope drop or for super late after hours when I wasn't sure what time the Swan busses would stop running.

I agree, for MK rope drop you probably want to walk to a Disney hotel but any other time the S/D buses are fine. It took us about 30 minutes for MK from loading the bus to being inside MK. It was our first time on the ferry in years! Considering it takes us 10 minutes to get to the Boardwalk bus stop plus about 15 to MK, the time difference is minimal. Obviously for rope drop it’s worth the walk to avoid the TTC. We do always take a Disney bus back to S/D from MK, whichever Epcot area bus comes first.

On my last Dolphin stay, I walked to BWI to get the bus for MK early entry and was literally one of four people on it. For AK I actually prefer the Dolphin bus because non-Disney buses weirdly have a better drop off point there, the same one for rideshare that puts you much closer to the entrance than the bus depot.

On my last Dolphin stay, I walked to BWI to get the bus for MK early entry and was literally one of four people on it. For AK I actually prefer the Dolphin bus because non-Disney buses weirdly have a better drop off point there, the same one for rideshare that puts you much closer to the entrance than the bus depot.
I did a split stay with Dolphin and AKL one trip and yes, the S/D bus stop is MUCH closer to the park entrance than the AKL bus stop :rotfl:

I did a split stay with Dolphin and AKL one trip and yes, the S/D bus stop is MUCH closer to the park entrance than the AKL bus stop :rotfl:
It's the reason even when we are at Disney resorts we typically rideshare to AK. We only took the bus from Poly last summer because the only available drivers were further away than the first bus of the morning. That's the one drawback to super early rope drop.

Good to know that no option is bad. I would probably skip MK rope dropping and put bet on Wed's extended evening hours. It's impossible for my family to wake up early AND stay late.

I’m thinking about adding a night to our trip at the end of the month. Dolphin is pretty decently priced that night. Is there any type of Easter decor at this resort? Thinking about maybe booking it and walking over to YC and BC to see their displays.

Couple of questions regarding the Swan:

1. what coffee/breakfast spot would be the fastest and easiest for early entry/rope drop to any of the parks?

2. How likely is it for an early check in? We would probably be checking in around 11:30. I have no specific room requests (just a standard room).

3. Disney springs - what is the most efficient way to get there?

Thanks!

Agree with all of this, and I do the same.

Couple of questions regarding the Swan:

1. what coffee/breakfast spot would be the fastest and easiest for early entry/rope drop to any of the parks?

2. How likely is it for an early check in? We would probably be checking in around 11:30. I have no specific room requests (just a standard room).

3. Disney springs - what is the most efficient way to get there?

Thanks!
1. Java in the Swan lobby opens at 6am and has actually very good coffee and breakfast sandwiches. They also have grab and go options like pastries and overnight oats.

2. It really depends on occupancy, but last Wednesday I was able to get in my room at noon so it never hurts to ask and check.

3. Most efficient would be to Uber/lyft. Best free option would be to walk to Boardwalk and take the bus from there. The Swan bus to DS is the only one I don’t like because it picks up and drops off on the furthest west side over by Cirque.

1. Java in the Swan lobby opens at 6am and has actually very good coffee and breakfast sandwiches. They also have grab and go options like pastries and overnight oats.

2. It really depends on occupancy, but last Wednesday I was able to get in my room at noon so it never hurts to ask and check.

3. Most efficient would be to Uber/lyft. Best free option would be to walk to Boardwalk and take the bus from there. The Swan bus to DS is the only one I don’t like because it picks up and drops off on the furthest west side over by Cirque.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter