Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Has anyone eaten at Picabu at the dolphin? Can we get food to go? Seems like a good option for a quick breakfast to take back to room

Has anyone eaten at Picabu at the dolphin? Can we get food to go? Seems like a good option for a quick breakfast to take back to room
We've eaten at Picabu a few times, but when we were there in January, it wasn't great. The prices were SO high for what we got. Fuel was a much better option for us for breakfast in the mornings. You can also mobile order, which was great to quickly get the food and get on our way.

Wondering about people's experiences with AK buses early in the morning. The Swan and Dolphin app says buses start 45 minutes before open whereas Disney buses say one hour and are often even earlier. I want to be at the front of the crowd for early entry at AK but would rather avoid the walk over to BW if it really isn't necessary.
I don't know, I bet you'll get an accurate answer if you ask a bus driver. Bus driver should know what time the first shift starts. A couple of minutes for the bus to stop at all 3 resorts.

We've eaten at Picabu a few times, but when we were there in January, it wasn't great. The prices were SO high for what we got. Fuel was a much better option for us for breakfast in the mornings. You can also mobile order, which was great to quickly get the food and get on our way.

Picabu is a sad remnant of what it used to be. They used to have so many different dishes to chose from, we would eat there multiple times a trip. Last trip we walked in and walked out.

Wondering about people's experiences with AK buses early in the morning. The Swan and Dolphin app says buses start 45 minutes before open whereas Disney buses say one hour and are often even earlier. I want to be at the front of the crowd for early entry at AK but would rather avoid the walk over to BW if it really isn't necessary.
If that is what the app says than I'd say its probably correct. You can always ask at check in - they are charging a resort fee for the bus so they should be able to give you an answer.

We have done Picabu once or twice...mostly because ny kids are picky eaters and it works for them. After the last time, we looked at the prices and just got on the bus to Disney Springs. We usually load up at Fuel, for snacks and coffee, before we go to the parks.

We most recently were at the Swan in November. Had no problem using Swan bus to get to rope drop for early entry.

Really bums me out hearing poor reviews of Picabu, for us it was our morning go to spot for breakfast. The omelettes and bacon were great. We did go one night and it was also carb heavy we skipped it. When we stayed at POFQ it suffered through their omelettes wishing for Picabu's. The "mandatory tipping fee" annoyed me to no end, thankfully the AAA discount offset it mostly.

Last edited:
- No resort mug (a con because of how much coffee and coke my husband drinks!)

This past September when we stayed at the Swan, I got a resort mug and used it at BW for the refills on the way to/from parks.

Also used it at other resorts when we visited them (CSR and RR).

It may still be worth it for you if you will be passing by the BW on the way to EP or visit other resorts.

Does anyone know if you can call and make payments on room booked later in the year?
Shouldn't be a problem, call the local number (407-934-4000) during day time operating hours if needed ask for in-house reservations, even with the Marriott call center (888-828-8850) they should be able to assist you.

Really bums me out hearing poor reviews of Picabu, for us it was our morning go to spot for breakfast. The omelettes and bacon were great. We did go one night and it was also carb heavy we skipped it. When we stayed at POFQ it suffered through their omelettes wishing for Picabu's. The "mandatory tipping fee" annoyed me to no end, thankfully the AAA discount offset it mostly.
Picabu has really gone down hill but I can say that the bacon is still great. I usually go there and just get some bacon and leave.

Agree with PP, Picabu is not worth the prices they've got for breakfast, have not had any other meals there. Fuel is a much better option and while it's not stellar, it has a better selection and I would say is more akin to an enhanced starbucks breakfast with bagles, muffins, pastries, yogurts etc and the line usually moves pretty quick. We eat at Fuel most stays to grab our bfast on our walk to the parks since it's so convenient.

Picabu has really gone down hill but I can say that the bacon is still great. I usually go there and just get some bacon and leave.
My daughter only likes scrambled eggs and bacon , she is picky so this looked like the best on site option. We usually walked over to yacht club but that was inconvenient when we were trying to rope drop

My daughter only likes scrambled eggs and bacon , she is picky so this looked like the best on site option. We usually walked over to yacht club but that was inconvenient when we were trying to rope drop
Fuel has a bacon/egg croissant that my kids love. You could always just separate the ingredients for your little one. We loved that we could mobile order from Fuel using the Swan/Dolphin app while we were getting ready, and then grab it on our way out the door.

Points bookings- for anyone looking and thinking the price is high, just keep checking like with cash rates. I saw nights I was watching at SR swing from 84k to around 56k a few weeks out. Within a couple days the rate was back to 84k and it hasn't dipped again. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get the same type room each night so I passed on snagging it but I learned with persistence you might be able to get what you want even on points bookings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter