Wands while riding?

You’ll need to put them in lockers on some rides. No biggie. If you are buying them that day, have the bags and empty boxes sent to the front (or your onsite hotel, if applicable). Keep a map. The boxes can be challenging on some lockers plus it’s just one extra thing to carry.

What are we supposed to do with our wands when we want to ride the rides? Lockers?
I’ve been wondering about this too! If we do Ollivander’s first thing, is it a pain to carry around the wands the rest of the day? Do they collapse at all (to fit in a Fanny pack)? Or do people really walk around the park all day carrying these wands?

I’ve been wondering about this too! If we do Ollivander’s first thing, is it a pain to carry around the wands the rest of the day? Do they collapse at all (to fit in a Fanny pack)? Or do people really walk around the park all day carrying these wands?

They don't collapse. You'll need to carry them around. IMO it's not really a big pain or anything. They fit fine in the free ride lockers.

People walk around all day with their wands.

You can put them in the lockers if needed.

What are we supposed to do with our wands when we want to ride the rides? Lockers?

It may be an expensive add-on to purchase, but if you buy yourselves any wizarding robes/cloaks, they have a built-in wand pocket on the inside of the chest area that is handy to easily slip it in and out. We plan on trying this method on our trip in the fall but I’m sure it won’t be too pleasant wearing all of our full wizarding garb around the parks everyday… so that idea may end up just lasting one day of our three total there if it is too excruciating…

People bring wand holders. Some of them are fancy, holster-like holders that clip to a belt or whatnot. Others are basically a long skinny bag that can clip to a lanyard. I sewed up a few really simple ones for my kids before our last trip, and they worked really well. You can check out Etsy, either to buy or just for inspiration. If you sew at all, you only need a few straight stitches and you're ready to go.

You will still need to use the lockers on some rides, but they are easy to fit in the free ones.

The wand comes in a box that you might want to save as well. I'd suggest bringing a small backpack. And there are free small lockers for those rides that are mandatory to store all belongings.

Have your mom to carry them that's what happens in my family.

We have a small backpack that the wands will fit in and the backpack will also fits in the lockers for the rides we can't carry it on.

Have your mom to carry them that's what happens in my family.

We have a small backpack that the wands will fit in and the backpack will also fits in the lockers for the rides we can't carry it on.
Do you happen to have a link to a backpack that would work? A good place to find one that’s small enough for lockers?

Below are the sizes of the Wand and Box so you can also find your own backpack.
  • Approx. 14 1/4" L (wand)
  • 15 1/2" L x 3 1/4" W (box)

I have a JuJuBe BRB Honey Dukes Backpack (not the mini). I got mine on a very discounted sale. This is the only good picture I have of it. You can't carry a ton of stuff in it. It's plenty for our wands, sunscreen, wipes, phones and handsanitizer. Has a side front and side pocket too. I usually have a jacket crammed in it but take that out before putting it in the locker.

Jujube.jpg

I have a JuJuBe BRB Honey Dukes Backpack (not the mini). I got mine on a very discounted sale. This is the only good picture I have of it. You can't carry a ton of stuff in it. It's plenty for our wands, sunscreen, wipes, phones and handsanitizer. Has a side front and side pocket too. I usually have a jacket crammed in it but take that out before putting it in the locker.

View attachment 577621

thank you so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter