Want to be sure I'm interpreting Westjet's "flexible cancellation/change policy" correctly.

Airport travelling to/fromAdvisoryFor travel on or betweenDate postedAdditional information
WestJet flight destinationsCoronavirus - new flights, booked March 3 - April 15, 2020March 3, 2020 - March 12, 2021March 26, 2020Flexible change/cancel info
Change or cancel online at least 24 hours prior to departure
WestJet Vacations destinationsCoronavirus - new vacation packages, booked March 3 - April 15, 2020March 3, 2020 - March 12, 2021March 26, 2020Exempt dates: December 19, 2020 - January 5, 2021
Flexible change/cancel info
WestJet flight destinationsCoronavirus - existing flights, booked before April 15, 2020March 3, 2020 - May 31, 2020March 26, 2020Flexible change/cancel info
Change or cancel online at least 2 hours prior to departure
WestJet Vacations destinationsCoronavirus - existing vacation package, booked before March 3, 2020March 3, 2020 - May 31, 2020March 25, 2020Flexible change/cancel info

Here's the latest info from westjet.

Looks like if you book before April 15 you have the cancellation fee right up until a departure of March 12, 2021. Further info on Westjets site says that the refund still goes into the travel bank and good for 24 mths.

We are going to take advantage of this as our next trip isnt until next february. Plus I saw today that westjet extended our companion flight. It expired March 4 and we didnt use it because we changed plans and it expired before our flights were released. Our account is now showing we have two vouchers with the first expiry being extended until June!

I'm guessing westjet is pushing hard to still have people book and get some cash flow into the company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter