Want to request a server - any suggestions?

julesthecircusfreak

Earning My Ears
We'll be on the Magic starting on December 21st (5 night Merrytime Cruise). Any recommendations for servers?

Thank you in advance!

It would help if you mentioned what you are looking for in a server.

Some love jokes and magic tricks for the kids. Others prefer upscale or efficient service.

I would not request a server in your position. Just because a serving team clicked for one family doesn't guarantee they will click with you. If you have a server who you personally have a great experience with it doesn't hurt to request them in the future.

I just got off Magic and we had Mizar, he was very good. He was quick to please and truly wanted his guests to have a good experience. He did a few riddles/tricks but not over the top, just enough to entertain. However, I believe he only had one more sailing before going home for his break so I do not know if he would be back in time for your cruise. After two cruises with not so great (not bad, but not magical) servers we now always request a server. I typically give a list of my top three choices in order just in case my top choice is not available. Also, if you use the search bar on this forum you should be able to get other recommendations.

I will say, if your request is granted and you have never had that server before, be prepared to answer how you knew to request them because they will know and will ask.

I know my server on the Dream this summer was recommended to me by my friend who had been in her section a few weeks prior, and when I said my friend’s name and when she had cruised I could see relief in my server’s face that it was a legit request and helped her understand what I was looking for in a server. (As opposed to “I saw your name on a message board.”)

I will say, if your request is granted and you have never had that server before, be prepared to answer how you knew to request them because they will know and will ask.

I know my server on the Dream this summer was recommended to me by my friend who had been in her section a few weeks prior, and when I said my friend’s name and when she had cruised I could see relief in my server’s face that it was a legit request and helped her understand what I was looking for in a server. (As opposed to “I saw your name on a message board.”)
Our family has requested servers 5 times and only once had a server recognize it or mention it. The one that did mention anything just wanted to make sure he hadn’t forgot us from a past cruise; we told him he was recommended by a cruiser on this board and he appeared genuinely happy that his service was recognized and recommended by a cruiser (but it was all of a three minute conversation that was never brought up again).

Our family has requested servers 5 times and only once had a server recognize it or mention it. The one that did mention anything just wanted to make sure he hadn’t forgot us from a past cruise; we told him he was recommended by a cruiser on this board and he appeared genuinely happy that his service was recognized and recommended by a cruiser (but it was all of a three minute conversation that was never brought up again).

They may not ask. But they may, so people should be prepared. It was not a whole conversation. Just a simple question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter