Wanted: First Marathon Tips!

I got a mystery pack of ProCompression socks last summer (they always have some sort of sale going and have 64% off right now i think?). I have worn them after all of my "half or longer" runs,race or training, which admittedly hasn't been a lot, but it definitely helped keep my feet and ankles from swelling up, and the "support" felt nice. They are SUPER annoying to put on because they are so tight around the foot and ankle area.
Thank you! I ordered a pair tonight with their 64% off sale and was able to get a couple mystery items at a good discount as well. I'm hoping I ordered the right size but it seems like they have a good return policy.

Reviving this thread! Since August I’ve stuck to the plan and found a routine that has worked for me. I’ve got good leggings with pockets and use a handheld water bottle for hydration, with a little pouch for nutrition. The most challenging thing now is the evening runs in the dark and the cold weather. It definitely makes it harder to get out there and run, but I’ve come so far and I’m not willing to give all of that up.

My most recent concerns are cold weather running gear, and recovery. My favorite leggings aren’t really warm enough for the cold weather right now, and winter hasn’t even started yet. Now that the Springtime Surprise details have been announced, I’m going to have to fly home the evening of the Jan marathon in order to have the time to run these new races, which leads me to looking into compression socks or sleeves for the flight home.

I saw someone posted a link for Bombas on FB (20% off right now). Anyone have any experience with their compression socks?

How cold are we talking? I'm in Northern Ohio and while not as cold as Duluth we get cold here. I've learned to spend some extra money on winter running gear. I posted this on the 2021 thread and if you look at the posts right before and after we are talking about winter running stuff.

I have a pair of CEP knee-length socks that I won years ago in a race and I really like them for recovery. I'll be honest and say I'm not sure if they actually do anything or if it is placebo effect but they feel like they work. They are are an older version of these but I've heard from a few physios I trust that they like CEP because they started as a medical company. A friend that was injured in an accident and has had lower circulatory issues as a result was recommended CEP by their doctor as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter