• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wanting to Try Something New!!

prnces1214

Mouseketeer
Ok so I know everyone has their own opinion, but we are wanting to try a few new restaurants for our trip in September. So I thought I would come here and see what you fine people think :) What is your favorite and why?!

Restaurants we have done on previous trips: 1900 PF, GG, CP, Chef Mickey, BOG, Coral Reef, Ohana brkfst, Boma dinner, Cape May, Akerhaus, Tusker House, Sci Fi, San Angel, Portobello, Trex, Rainforest, Teppan Edo, and Diamond Horseshoe.

Last edited:
Ok so I know everyone has their own opinion, but we are wanting to try a few new restaurants for our trip in September. So I thought I would come here and see what you fine people think :) What is your favorite and why?!

Restaurants we have done on previous trips: 1900 PF, GG, CP, Chef Mickey, BOG, Coral Reef, Ohana brkfst, Boma dinner, Cape May, Akerhaus, Tusker House, Sci Fi, San Angel, Teppan Edo, and Diamond Horseshoe.

California Grill and Narcoossee's would be high on my list.

Ohana Dinner is amazing and so is Kona. The wave at contemporary is really good. Also I haven't tried it but I've heard great tings about Homecoming at disney springs.

Two restaurants we enjoyed on our last trip, but weren't on your list are Biergarten and California Grill. I was not looking forward to Biergarten at all. We went because my husband really wanted to try it, and it ended up being one of my favorite dinners.

I have heard great things about California Grill - I think I may have to put that on the list!

Ohana Dinner I think that's going to be a must do this trip!!

I was considering Biergarten as well, that one may be a keeper :)

I have heard great things about California Grill - I think I may have to put that on the list!

Ohana Dinner I think that's going to be a must do this trip!!

I was considering Biergarten as well, that one may be a keeper :)

Keep in mind that you may be seated with another party at Biergarten. Some people are uncomfortable with that. Otherwise food is good and it's a festive atmosphere

California Grill, Tiffin's & Nomad Lounge at AK, Monsieur Paul, Homecoming at Disney Springs, 50s Prime Time, Via Napoli

I too was pleasantly surprised by Biergarten. My kids are picky so they didn't eat too much but I loved the atmosphere, and the food was good for me!

By far my favorite that is NOT on your list is Via Napoli. Seriously good food, nice atmosphere, kids eat well there, I just love that place.

Restaurants we have done on previous trips: 1900 PF, GG, CP, Chef Mickey, BOG, Coral Reef, Ohana brkfst, Boma dinner, Cape May, Akerhaus, Tusker House, Sci Fi, San Angel, Portobello, Trex, Rainforest, Teppan Edo, and Diamond Horseshoe.
Yours seem to be mostly 1-Credit places (not Signatures).....

ESPN - Boardwalk - the nachos and cold beer.
Big River Grill - Boardwalk. Like a crowded, inexpensive, neighborhood spot.
Sanaa - daylight lunch or dinner - AKLodge. "If I could talk to the animals..." and we like curry.
50's Prime Time - Hollywood Studios. Huge portions....must love green beans....
Skipper Canteen - Magic Kingdom. We like 'exotic'.
Biergarten - Epcot. Fun, fun, fun!
Places throughout Disney Springs - Gelato, Ice Cream, Chocolate, Pastry....Willie Wonka for adults. Fish & Chips and/or Burgers can be the 'healthy' portion of your feast.
Sit-down places in Disney Springs - Homecoming & Boathouse can be affordable, particularly if you like to share.

If you were branching out to more Signatures - we are partial to BlueZoo (fish - Dolphin) & Capa (tapas - Four Seasons), and Shula's (steak - Dolphin).

The Biergarten had a nice show. They sing and dance. The Sci-fi drive was fun, if you like the old cheesy movies.

some great suggestions so far. one that we were very happy with on our last trip was trails end. great comfort food at a good price.

100% agree with Tiffins and Nomad Lounge, our new favorite just edging out Hollywood Brown Derby (can't beat that Cobb Salad and a wine flight though). We also love Skipper's Canteen at MK. Flying Fish isn't bad but our server kind of sucked, which kind of took away from the experience, food was good though and the bar is excellent. While not a restaurant, we always try to have tea at the Grand Floridian, more than enough food for a meal and add a glass of sparkly and it's heaven. The wine bar in Italy has a really good food menu, we loved the Anti Pasto plate and it was more than enough for a meal, don't forget that wine flight. There might be a trend with alcohol with us.

I like Restaurant Marrakesh and Chefs de France! Both were good experiences, delicious, and fun. Marrakesh is fun with the band and the belly dancer- and Chefs we sat by the window during Illuminations and watched fireworks while eating a delicious meal. Not too shabby, folks.

Captain's Grill. My daughter and I ate there in August 2016 and really enjoyed it. Wait staff was fantastic.

I love all these suggestions!! I think we may have to try Via Napoli, Biergarten, and Sanaa. So far those are the stand out options from the group. I really want to try Chef de France, but i cant get anyone else on board for that one lol

I am surprised to see Tiffins, I haven't heard too much about that one, I may have to check that one out too.

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate your help! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter