• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Warning about "Dairy Free" Mac and Cheese

I bet if you look hard at allergy menu in small print is something that would cover that things could change. I have not used the menus but I bet it is there
Actually there wasn't when we had the allergy menus on this last trip, I did look.

Actually there wasn't when we had the allergy menus on this last trip, I did look.

Nope, I did not see it either. And there was especially not anything that said that the items marked as dairy/peanut (my daughter also has a pn allergy) /choose your allergy free might actually not be free of that allergen. The entire point of the allergy menu is to tell you what you can eat with a specific allergy. The menus are very specific about which meals are safe for which allergies. Cross contamination can be an issue anywhere, but we aren't talking about cross contamination. For another example, if I see a peanut free cookie on the menu on the allergy menu, I don't expect that cookie to come to my table with recess pieces on it. Which is the same thing that happened with the dairy free Mac and cheese.

Either don't have the menu or at all, or have it be accurate. I don't care about suppliers. If the supplier changed, then change the menu. Or again, mark it out with a sharpie if you're too cheap to print new ones.

It may not even be that they are too cheap to print new ones, the supplier may have changed at the last minute and they haven't had time, but at least cross the item out until a new one can get printed.

Up until a couple of years ago a chef would always come out and discuss safe choices. Then they switched to allergy menus. The whole purpose of the menu is to know what is and isn't safe. If something changes, change the menu. If there's not enough time to change menus get some colored tape and cover it up. Not correcting a menu is inexcusable and could kill someone.

If I say I need an allergy menu for my daughter and they give me one. I'm not going to go down the list asking if everything is "still safe". That's ridiculous.

Up until a couple of years ago a chef would always come out and discuss safe choices. Then they switched to allergy menus. The whole purpose of the menu is to know what is and isn't safe. If something changes, change the menu. If there's not enough time to change menus get some colored tape and cover it up. Not correcting a menu is inexcusable and could kill someone.

If I say I need an allergy menu for my daughter and they give me one. I'm not going to go down the list asking if everything is "still safe". That's ridiculous.
Yep and the Chef that suggested it would get fired immediately on the cruise line for that mistake, why should Disney World be any different?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter