• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Warning- Happy Limo

DisneyHomework

Mouseketeer
I know Happy Limo is widely supported on these boards and others. I just had a terrible experience. I called to confirm a pick up time and when I referenced my confirmation number they said my trip was cancelled because they are over capacity. I have a confirmation number and held with a credit card, she said she didn’t know why I wasn’t notified. This is obviously something I can plan for since I randomly called, but since I have a confirmation number and provided payment for the round trip, had no reason to expect that I don’t have a confirmed ride. Will never use again and you should not assume a confirmed trip means they plan to show up.

Sorry to hear about you experience with Happy Limo. I’ve used Tiffany car service several times and have never had a problem with their services And I just used the new Mears bus service with no problem.

Happy and Tiffany booked for 2/26… any other recommendations? Tiffany was kind enough to tell me up front versus take my money and book me!

I know Happy Limo is widely supported on these boards and others. I just had a terrible experience. I called to confirm a pick up time and when I referenced my confirmation number they said my trip was cancelled because they are over capacity. I have a confirmation number and held with a credit card, she said she didn’t know why I wasn’t notified. This is obviously something I can plan for since I randomly called, but since I have a confirmation number and provided payment for the round trip, had no reason to expect that I don’t have a confirmed ride. Will never use again and you should not assume a confirmed trip means they plan to show up.
Sorry to hear. Hope you are all set with new accomodations.

Sorry to hear. Hope you are all set with new accomodations.
I am not if anyone had any recommendations for private transfer. I use limo services due to car seats and grocery stop (importantly picking up preordered birthday cakes for 2 birthdays en route:). Any other limo companies people like out there?

I am not if anyone had any recommendations for private transfer. I use limo services due to car seats and grocery stop (importantly picking up preordered birthday cakes for 2 birthdays en route:). Any other limo companies people like out there?
Have you looked at the Ears for Each Other group on Facebook? I just book with one of them.

We used Tony Hinds in January and were very pleased. You can email him at aobh607@gmail.com. Search for other posts about him on this board.

OP, when you make a new reservation, you'd better confirm with the company not just that they make a grocery stop, but that they will make a grocery stop at the store where you ordered your cakes. Be sure to tell them the name and address of the store and make sure they will stop there. Some of the services might insist that they will only stop a store which they think is convenient, regardless of what you want.

Murray Hill Transportation has been our go to for six or seven years! Used to be Tiffany TC until we were left high and dry on our departure day with no apology or offer to assist. Thankfully, we had not paid up front for the return trip! John has always been timely and reliable.

Last edited:
OP, when you make a new reservation, you'd better confirm with the company not just that they make a grocery stop, but that they will make a grocery stop at the store where you ordered your cakes. Be sure to tell them the name and address of the store and make sure they will stop there. Some of the services might insist that they will only stop a store which they think is convenient, regardless of what you want.
Yes Happy and Tiffany use one specific Publix and I order from there on purpose generally. Good call for others!

Some of the services might insist that they will only stop a store which they think is convenient, regardless of what you want
I think most services will stop at any store you want. Just ask for a price for the stop. Some might off a flat.rate and some might want to charge based on time.

A FREE, or included stop, is one which is convenient, on route and offers easy on and off for the driver.
The Publix on Universal Drive is used.a.lot.

Door Dash does deliver from local businesses.

Edited to add I see OP knows where to order. Tony Hinds uses the same store

Last edited:
I think most services will stop at any store you want. Just ask for a price for the stop. Some might off a flat.rate and some might want to charge based on time.

A FREE, or included stop, is one which is convenient, on route and offers easy on and off for the driver.
The Publix on Universal Drive is used.a.lot.

Door Dash does deliver from local businesses.

Edited to add I see OP knows where to order. Tony Hinds uses the same store

Years back, I had TIffany Towncar pick us up at Sanford. I had requested a grocery stop but had not specified where. The driver insisted that we use a grocery store which was closer to Sanford than to Disney. I argued with her to stop at a grocery store closer to the hotel, to no avail. (I did not specify a store, I just did not want my groceries sitting in the trunk of the car on the drive all the way from Sanford.)

So I never assume that the driver will go to the store of my choice. (In some fairness to the driver, she may have been scheduled to pick someone up after she dropped me off, and she might have thought that a store near Disney would have added time to my trip because it would have required her to go out of her way.)

I realize that most people are arriving at MCO, not Sanford, but the theory of not assuming that the driver will stop where you want still holds.

Years back, I had TIffany Towncar pick us up at Sanford. I had requested a grocery stop but had not specified where. The driver insisted that we use a grocery store which was closer to Sanford than to Disney. I argued with her to stop at a grocery store closer to the hotel, to no avail. (I did not specify a store, I just did not want my groceries sitting in the trunk of the car on the drive all the way from Sanford.)

So I never assume that the driver will go to the store of my choice. (In some fairness to the driver, she may have been scheduled to pick someone up after she dropped me off, and she might have thought that a store near Disney would have added time to my trip because it would have required her to go out of her way.)

I realize that most people are arriving at MCO, not Sanford, but the theory of not assuming that the driver will stop where you want still holds.
I didn't do a good job wording my post. I suggested asking for a price to include a PAID stop to a store of your choice when you book.
A FREE stop is generally at a store the driver picks based on time and convenience

We have been using Royal transportation Group For years. They are so professional and reliable They have a wide range of cars for you to chose from and every vehicle is new and super clean. The drivers are so friendly .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter