Warning to everyone-

@eksmama01 it's the horror makeup show. It's very funny, they do a little audience participation and one of the things they do is pretend a kid threw a cigarette butt at their curtain. It's part of a larger story that has my favorite line in it - "this isn't Disney, we don't have to be nice to kids here" 🤣

My daughter got picked as the kid who threw something and she loved it lol. Then the actors posed for a pic with us after which was awesome of them.

This is one thing we’ve never done. We’ve assumed it would be somewhat scary. My kids were never good with scary and the youngest (11 yo) still doesn’t like the spookiness of Haunted Mansion. Without massive spoilers, on a scale from Sesame Street Count to Freddie Kruegar how scary is it?

Parts of the movie grossed out, mainly one scene at the very end, but nothing is really scary, and they warn you before the movie plays on a fairly small screen, so easy just not to watch it. The rest is all campy, not scary. Could see the end maybe scaring a small child, 3 to 7 years maybe, but very obvious what is going to happen for an adult so easy to warn a child.

So did this several times this week - I am still not sure how they pick the people, but they seemed to always come from the exact same seat.

They also seem to have picked foreign visitors 90% of the time. So from Korea, Brazil and China - so folks that don't have English as their first language. In one case it seemed that they person knew they were going to be picked and they seemed to know what to do at the end and took the bow exactly as they want yo to before being prompted. Maybe it was just happenstance as another time the poor girl was in total shock to be picked and was actually scared and running back to her seat at the end.

They also seem to mix it up- enough that it is worth seeing more than once. I think I sat in on it 5 or so times.

BTW: sometimes the audience just goes off script and it is pretty funny with the cigarette thing.

We love that show and see it at least twice when at Universal. The movie scenes can get a little gross, but you can look away. I saw toddlers in the audience one time, and I wondered how that would go? I wouldn't recommend it for little kids 6 and under.

This is one thing we’ve never done. We’ve assumed it would be somewhat scary. My kids were never good with scary and the youngest (11 yo) still doesn’t like the spookiness of Haunted Mansion. Without massive spoilers, on a scale from Sesame Street Count to Freddie Kruegar how scary is it?

It's not that scary. It's more funny than scary. It's also to a large extent about demystifying the scary. The show is a behind the scenes look at how they do a wide variety of special effects in movies.

I would agree with @CAPSLOCK- Princess Bride level is an excellent way to describe it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter