• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

was asked to leave store after DH and me have been in store for 10 minutes

It is different. Limiting each shopping party to one per household enables 125 households to shop. Not limiting the shopping party size prevents some households from shopping. Consideration toward others is a good thing.

But we weren’t discussing that. We were discussing exposure.

And it doesn’t actually prevent them from doing anything. They just may have to wait.

That's assuming the store is always at capacity.

No matter how you slice it, multiple family members will add to the capacity.

If 500 households need groceries and only one person goes shopping there will be 500 people in the store that day . If half of those people bring someone along, there will be 750 people in the store that day.

And?

As long as it stays within the number allowed it is what the health folks are telling everyone to do.

In most busy grocery stores or Walmarts, the number in the store in a given day is going to stay fairly level. Regardless how they came in.

Not sure what it’s like in you area but every store that is open in my town has a line to go in.

Everyone is standing 6 ft apart and the employees are monitoring the line and how many are going in the store with a couple of employees cleaning the carts as they come back. Everyone has to wait. It’s not that big of a deal.

Everyone here goes to Disney and you are sad about someone waiting?

And it doesn’t actually prevent them from doing anything. They just may have to wait.

Wow.

First, assuming that everyone gets in who wants to, yes, it increases exposure, especially for the employees. It’s just spread out over a longer time.

And second, around here, you have to wait in a line to get in. Last weekend, I waited about 45 minutes to get into the grocery store. I could never, in good conscience, make others wait longer by having one of my family members come shopping with me. I totally understand where caregivers or others with disabilities may need to have more than one person, but I’m not in that situation. How could anyone feel good knowing they made the wait longer for others just because they felt like having someone tag along? I just don’t understand it.

Not sure what it’s like in you area but every store that is open in my town has a line to go in.

Everyone is standing 6 ft apart and the employees are monitoring the line and how many are going in the store with a couple of employees cleaning the carts as they come back. Everyone has to wait. It’s not that big of a deal.

Everyone here goes to Disney and you are sad about someone waiting?
I think the issue is them waiting longer than necessary in a high risk environment. 6 ft isnt magical

Yes it is sad to be waiting right now. Get in and get out. The less people are outside their homes the better for all of us. Waiting in line, browsing a store - whatever. Get in, get what you need and get out and do it efficiently. It all boils down to thinking about people other than yourself. That is what this entire quarantine is all about. More than just "you"...

Wow.

First, assuming that everyone gets in who wants to, yes, it increases exposure, especially for the employees. It’s just spread out over a longer time.

And second, around here, you have to wait in a line to get in. Last weekend, I waited about 45 minutes to get into the grocery store. I could never, in good conscience, make others wait longer by having one of my family members come shopping with me. I totally understand where caregivers or others with disabilities may need to have more than one person, but I’m not in that situation. How could anyone feel good knowing they made the wait longer just because they felt like having someone tag along? I just don’t understand it.

Here we haven’t had those kinds of waits. The line keeps moving pretty good. And everyone get in. Perhaps in your area people are spending more time in the store than necessary whether it’s one or twenty in a group.

We have only gone to one store together so neither here or there to me but y’all keep changing your reasons.

It wasn’t about waiting it was about exposure.

Yes it is sad to be waiting right now. Get in and get out. The less people are outside their homes the better for all of us. Waiting in line, browsing a store - whatever. Get in, get what you need and get out and do it efficiently. It all boils down to thinking about people other than yourself. That is what this entire quarantine is all about. More than just "you"...

From what we have seen people are getting in and getting out. Like I said, the line keeps moving. Dd has gone to a few stores in her area and has had the same experience. Perhaps the problem in some places are the people browsing and not just getting in and out?

Either way, the line is there there because they have to limit the number in the store.

For stores that are limiting how many people can be in the store, there is a finite number that can be in by the end of the day. Let's say that's 1000.

But, let's say only 900 households need to shop at that store through the day. So, assuming one person per household, there are 900 people going through the store.

If a couple from a single household comes in, there have now been 901 people go through to serve 900 households. That single added person means there is more exposure to the employees than what they should have had.

OR

There are 1000 households that need to shop. Because of the number allowed in at one time, only 1000 people can go through the store in a day. If a couple comes in for a single household, that means one household doesn't get to shop. Sure they just "wait", but now they're waiting until the next day.

I think the issue is them waiting longer than necessary in a high risk environment. 6 ft isnt magical

But there is going to be a wait regardless. You aren’t getting it. 6ft isn’t magical. Neither is one person per cart. There is no magic to this.

When we were waiting at Lowe’s, we joked that it was better than a line at Disney because it did keep moving. Every time someone came out, someone was going in. It was a continuous movement.

For stores that are limiting how many people can be in the store, there is a finite number that can be in by the end of the day. Let's say that's 1000.

But, let's say only 900 households need to shop at that store through the day. So, assuming one person per household, there are 900 people going through the store.

If a couple from a single household comes in, there have now been 901 people go through to serve 900 households. That single added person means there is more exposure to the employees than what they should have had.

OR

There are 1000 households that need to shop. Because of the number allowed in at one time, only 1000 people can go through the store in a day. If a couple comes in for a single household, that means one household doesn't get to shop. Sure they just "wait", but now they're waiting until the next day.

No one is having to wait until the next day unless they are shopping at a tiny store.

Here the bigger stores are all staying open until 9 or 10. And like I said, here, these lines stay moving. No one is waiting for any length of time. Less than they have to wait to check out before all this.

And?

As long as it stays within the number allowed it is what the health folks are telling everyone to do.

In most busy grocery stores or Walmarts, the number in the store in a given day is going to stay fairly level. Regardless how they came in.

In the post I quoted, you stated that the numbers won't go up if more than one person from a household went shopping together. That's not true

Same topic, tangent. Given the recent message from staff, posters disagreeing with the topic branching out while still revolving around the topic might be best served by stepping out of tge thread.
Being forced to wait longer to enter a retail establishment potentially prevents them from shopping that day.
Most posters are clearly in more populous areas.
Get in, get what you need and get out and do it efficiently.
I actually kind of wish stores woukd stick with the Stew Leonard's setup of one way aisles even after restrictions are lifted. It really is more efficient, especially since my stores of choice provide llists of where to find many categories.
It all boils down to thinking about people other than yourself.
👍
Here we haven’t had those kinds of waits
Grest. Again, clearly not everyone here lives in populous, populsr areas.
The line keeps moving pretty good. And everyone get in. Perhaps in your area people are spending more time in the store than necessary
More likely, you are comparing areas or stores with 200 shoppers per day against stores with 3,000 shoppers in the same time span.
From what we have seen people are getting in and getting out.
May I ask how much time you spend conciously observing othef shoppers? And forhow long and from what distance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter