was asked to leave store after DH and me have been in store for 10 minutes

It seems the point of my post was missed. It wasn’t so much that fact we were told this when we were just about to check out is the fact we had already been in the store got what we needed and were in line to check out of corse 6 ft behind the peeping front It was the way it was handled and attitude of the clerk. She should have said next and explained the rules. No she tells me I had to leave and tells the clerk in the next line my DH went in to have him read the sheet. Guess I learned my lesson

It seems the point of my post was missed. It wasn’t so much that fact we were told this when we were just about to check out is the fact we had already been in the store got what we needed and were in line to check out of corse 6 ft behind the peeping front It was the way it was handled and attitude of the clerk. She should have said next and explained the rules. No she tells me I had to leave and tells the clerk in the next line my DH went in to have him read the sheet. Guess I learned my lesson

It probably should have been handled better. And you were embarrassed.

But my estimation is that the staff is doing the best they can in these times. Crowded store, long hours, not enough products on the shelves, complaining customers, probably lack of staff to accommodate all of the "new normal", no social distancing putting the workers in compromising situations all day every day.

They probably should have had someone at the front of the store explaining and directing, but my guess is that they did not have the staff to do that and/or did not think ahead.

We all need to give each other grace and expect and understand that times are different.

So stores need to add a position to monitor immediately that only one shopper per household is entering a store at one time? If they neglect to do so immediately they have no right to enforce the policy?

My college student daughter works in a local market during summers and on school breaks. She's used to how nasty customers can be and how it really gets to you. She's been shocked at the Snapchats from coworker friends who are and/or were working at the market during this mess. Customers have been so brutal that a few have quit and others who have stuck it out still routinely vent on things like Snapchat when they go on break because they need to let it out. That job is not a picnic on a beautiful spring day when customers don't have the stressors of a pandemic and shopping in a pandemic hanging over their head. It's more challenging on the customer end than ever before, with a lovely bonus of worrying whether you're going to either catch it and get sick or catch it and carry it back to your family just because you're reporting to work everyday.

Common sense and common courtesy aren't only for people who are on the clock.

So stores need to add a position to monitor immediately that only one shopper per household is entering a store at one time? If they neglect to do so immediately they have no right to enforce the policy?

My college student daughter works in a local market during summers and on school breaks. She's used to how nasty customers can be and how it really gets to you. She's been shocked at the Snapchats from coworker friends who are and/or were working at the market during this mess. Customers have been so brutal that a few have quit and others who have stuck it out still routinely vent on things like Snapchat when they go on break because they need to let it out. That job is not a picnic on a beautiful spring day when customers don't have the stressors of a pandemic and shopping in a pandemic hanging over their head. It's more challenging on the customer end than ever before, with a lovely bonus of worrying whether you're going to either catch it and get sick or catch it and carry it back to your family just because you're reporting to work everyday.

Common sense and common courtesy aren't only for people who are on the clock.

Our local grocery store now has the entrances and exits set up for one way traffic, as well as the arrows on the floors directing which way to go up each aisle.
They also have an employee stationed in the middle of the lobby who checks for masks (they will sell you one for $1.00 if you don't have one), as well as recording on a laptop every person who enters and exits the the store.

Our local grocery store now has the entrances and exits set up for one way traffic, as well as the arrows on the floors directing which way to go up each aisle.
They also have an employee stationed in the middle of the lobby who checks for masks (they will sell you one for $1.00 if you don't have one), as well as recording on a laptop every person who enters and exits the the store.

From what my husband has said it's similar here in the couple of stores he's been into. I don't believe they're selling masks here or doing any type of special recording. I have heard stores here are having difficulty supplying masks for their workers, which makes me think selling them to customers isn't common here. Plexiglas barriers have been put up at checkouts as well.

From what my husband has said it's similar here in the couple of stores he's been into. I don't believe they're selling masks here or doing any type of special recording. I have heard stores here are having difficulty supplying masks for their workers, which makes me think selling them to customers isn't common here. Plexiglas barriers have been put up at checkouts as well.

Yep. Masks are scarce.

My sister works limited hours bagging groceries at her local military commissary. She is required to wear a mask. Her friend made her masks for her. Just as I have had to pay $140 to get 14 decent cloth masks for my family to wear when we go out. That's 2 masks for 7 people so that we each have a spare to use while one is in the wash.

Wearing masks in public will be commonplace for a long time, maybe in to next year.

I'm giving all grocery workers a pass right now. They are working long hours and are probably scared and fed up at this point. I don't blame them one bit.

Yep. Masks are scarce.

My sister works limited hours bagging groceries at her local military commissary. She is required to wear a mask. Her friend made her masks for her. Just as I have had to pay $140 to get 14 decent cloth masks for my family to wear when we go out. That's 2 masks for 7 people so that we each have a spare to use while one is in the wash.

Wearing masks in public will be commonplace for a long time, maybe in to next year.

One of the complaints of my daughter's coworkers at the market was about customers walking around with their masks down around their necks and commenting to the cashiers -- I'm so glad you guys have masks so I don't have to wear mine. Not even a thought in their head about the fact that wearing a mask is protection to others, not so much the wearer. Gee thanks, clueless, self entitled customer, I'm so glad you are less likely to be exposed to my germs, because I'm not worried about myself at all

Gee maybe they just noticed that there were two of you that's why it took until then to say something.

Was the soup worth it?

Yep. Masks are scarce.

Is everyone wearing them in your area? All employees are required to here but not customers. I would guess about 30% of the customers we saw wore them. Over where Dd lives, she says it’s about the same as here.

We did but I kept messing with it because I fell like I can’t breath if something is over my face. I have got to find some that I can wear when we go back to work.

Is everyone wearing them in your area? All employees are required to here but not customers. I would guess about 30% of the customers we saw wore them. Over where Dd lives, she says it’s about the same as here.

We did but I kept messing with it because I fell like I can’t breath if something is over my face. I have got to find some that I can wear when we go back to work.

Wearing masks does take some getting used to and will be even more uncomfortable as our Mississippi summer kicks in. Our masks are made with a nose bridge and have ribbons to tie behind the ears instead of elastic. That makes them less uncomfortable than other masks.

No. Everyone is not wearing masks. It is troubling to see those out without masks and the lack of social distancing they do. That makes it all the more reason why we will wear masks. DH, daughter, and I wear masks on grocery pick ups and when we each have to get out for errands.

My boss is somewhat of a germaphobe and has insisted that I wear a mask at work and I do especially when he is in the office. Most of the time I am in the office by myself and my mask is off and on my desk. The office door is locked and I have windows to see if someone comes to the office. If I do have someone else come in to conduct business, I wear a mask when they are here. When boss and I have to pass papers or discuss something near each other, we both wear our masks. Many things that people come in for I can conduct through an open window while they wait outside under a covered porch. So they wait and we discuss that way.

My sons in their college town serve frozen yogurt. They are required to wear a mask while at work and do. And i encourage them to wear their masks for shopping trips-they are not getting out too much otherwise and are studying at their own apartments.

Other son and his wife are in New Orleans and get out to walk the dog or get food. They wear their masks then. They are otherwise working from home in their apartment.

I expect that when more things open up, masks will be more common. At least our governor has asked for them to be worn. We'll see what the people do.

I never liked grocery shopping. I tended to be grumpy and impatient and annoyed when they were stocking in the aisle and slowed me down.
I’m really working on that now. Trying to be pleasant to the store employees, use “please” and “thank you,” and get out of the way when they need to restock. Hopefully I’ll be successful; maybe, it’ll become my new habit . . .

I could never split the list with my husband. He would be calling me every 2 seconds asking if what he's getting is the correct thing.
This is so funny and so true. My DH stopped at the store with my list after work the other day and I was getting calls every 3 minutes. “What kind of apples do you want?” “Should I push on the bread to make sure it’s soft?” “Is there a difference between baking soda and baking powder?” “I can’t find the salt, can I just get garlic salt?” Literal questions (among many others) that he called to ask.

Yep. Our point exactly.

And it's been serious enough since early March that all citizens should understand that business as usual doesn't fly anymore.

And therefore should not be surprised and offended that only one person would be allowed to shop for one can of soup.
WHAM!!!!
DOWN GOES FRAZIER!!! DOWN GOES FRAZIER!!! DOWN GOES FRAZIER!!!!

Why do some of you have completely incompetent husbands? Where do these men come from? This is 2020, not 1950, right?

If I'm asking my wife about the grocery list it's because what we want isn't there. No Gold Medal flour, you want store brand or nothing?

Why do some of you have completely incompetent husbands? Where do these men come from? This is 2020, not 1950, right?

If I'm asking my wife about the grocery list it's because what we want isn't there. No Gold Medal flour, you want store brand or nothing?
I will acknowledge that my dh is completely incompetent when it comes to shopping but in all other areas of life he’s amazing. He’s not a dumb man (masters degree, owns his own business) but when he’s shopping it’s like he has 3 brain cells. Not sure why

Haha. Under normal circumstances my husband and I cannot shop together. He shops like he's being timed and races through the store in a haphazard manner. Even a list doesn't help. He swears he knows what we need and then runs through the aisles getting about half what we need and a lot of what we don't. He gets really impatient with all the other shoppers and I have to tell him to calm down about a dozen times. There is no way I'd split up in the store. He'd be checked out and in the car and I'd be wandering around looking for him with the cart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter