Was at Discovery Cove Today

laurasmom

Mouseketeer
OMG! It is so awesome!!! Worth every penny. The dolphin swim was great but just a small part of it. Snorkeling, the aviary, the food. Everything was just fantastic!

Yes I am 18 days away from our trip to DC I'd love to hear about you day too. Curious if you have any things you would do differently, things you forgot to bring or brought and did not need etc...

It was fantastic. You don't really need to bring much of anything. Your swimsuit, camera and that is about it. They provide everything for you. The continental breakfast was nice but it is what they say - continental. It was fine for us but if you are used to a bigger breakfast you might want to eat before you get there. After breakfast we went to the snorkeling area. We first tried out the area with no sea life just to get comfortable with our snorkeling gear. My DD (6) did fantastic. The water is really warm there. Then we headed over to the stingray section. That water is really cold! It was so cool. I was a bit nervous but got comfortable right away. You will never guess who we saw there! Kate plus 8 (from the TV show)! They were filming an episode at Discovery Cove. Weird. Anyway, then we went snorkeling at the coral reef. Unbelievable! I couldn't believe the amount of sea life in there. Fantastic. Now it was time for our dolphin swim. Again, fantastic! We had a teenager, Diego. He wasn't too interested but came around towards the end. The food we thought was really good. I had a southwest chicken wrap for lunch, my DH had a turkey sandwich and my daughter had a hot dog with rice. We had strawberries and chocolate cake for desert. My only tiny grip was there really wasn't any kid-friendly vegetables. I would have loved if they would have had carrots or something like that for my DD. No big deal though it is vacation. The shower areas were so clean and always plenty of towels. They even have plastic bags for you to put your wet stuff in. My DH was so impressed with the whole place and he does not impress very easily. We did Seaworld today so I am exhausted so that is enough for now...

Glad to hear you all had a great time. I am getting so excited for our first visit to DC in October - I can hardly wait! :woohoo:

We were there on May 13th also! This was my favourite day of our vacation. We also saw Kate and her kids which was neat. My kids loved the warm lazy river and spent most of their time there. My youngest daughter(10) wasn't crazy about the stingray pool but did eventually go in at the end of the day. I love watching the stingrays they look so graceful. The day really did go by fast. Our dolphin swim was delayed for about an hour. They were switching the dolphins out and then couldn't get some more dolphins to come out. They kept trying different combinations. We had to sit in the area where they show you the video for an hour or more because they weren't sure when the dolphins would be ready. If you left you wouldn't be guaranteed a dolphin swim. Eventually they had all of the dolphins come out since they couldn't get 4 they got them all so we got to meet a few extra dolphins. They say that in spring the dolphins are interested in other things sometimes. Once we got in the water it was awesome! I didn't feel like they rushed us through either. Of course we got the photo package--A few things I wished I had done. During the dolphin swim I wish I had asked to get a photo of my 2 daughters together. They each had their own pose and a family pose but one together would have been nice. I didn't think of that until later. I also would take time to brush my hair before our picture. Didn't think of that either. After swimming and taking mask on and off hair was a bit wild. But oh well. It was awesome and I would love to do it again:love: Another note that I wish I knew ahead of time is that you can buy the masks for $15 on your way out. We ended up buying 1 for my youngest daugher and wish I had bought 2. We were headed to the Keys after Orlando for some snorkling and I had bought expensive masks for my husband and oldest daughter before. The discovery cove masks worked well and the kids found them comfortable. My oldest even liked it better than the $70 mask I had bought her. We of course saw lots of people just taking masks home which you are not suppose to do.

we went on 5/26 and it was also the best day of the whole trip I would go down just to do that again I think next time I want to do the trainer for a day but I have to wait until the kids are old enough.

We were there on May 13th also! This was my favourite day of our vacation. We also saw Kate and her kids which was neat. My kids loved the warm lazy river and spent most of their time there. My youngest daughter(10) wasn't crazy about the stingray pool but did eventually go in at the end of the day. I love watching the stingrays they look so graceful. The day really did go by fast. Our dolphin swim was delayed for about an hour. They were switching the dolphins out and then couldn't get some more dolphins to come out. They kept trying different combinations. We had to sit in the area where they show you the video for an hour or more because they weren't sure when the dolphins would be ready. If you left you wouldn't be guaranteed a dolphin swim. Eventually they had all of the dolphins come out since they couldn't get 4 they got them all so we got to meet a few extra dolphins. They say that in spring the dolphins are interested in other things sometimes. Once we got in the water it was awesome! I didn't feel like they rushed us through either. Of course we got the photo package--A few things I wished I had done. During the dolphin swim I wish I had asked to get a photo of my 2 daughters together. They each had their own pose and a family pose but one together would have been nice. I didn't think of that until later. I also would take time to brush my hair before our picture. Didn't think of that either. After swimming and taking mask on and off hair was a bit wild. But oh well. It was awesome and I would love to do it again:love: Another note that I wish I knew ahead of time is that you can buy the masks for $15 on your way out. We ended up buying 1 for my youngest daugher and wish I had bought 2. We were headed to the Keys after Orlando for some snorkling and I had bought expensive masks for my husband and oldest daughter before. The discovery cove masks worked well and the kids found them comfortable. My oldest even liked it better than the $70 mask I had bought her. We of course saw lots of people just taking masks home which you are not suppose to do.

That might be why my mask disappeared twice on my trip last month when I left it on my chair......I even had my sunscreen taken (they did leave my sunglasses though)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter