was the service your way gift card worth having no mousekeeping?

Can you opt to decline mousekeeping if you check-in online? We typically check-in at the registration desk which is when we get this offer. Thanks.

I did not decline housekeeping at the Dolphin hotel and regretted it since they did such a lousy job and I had to empty my own trash and go get my own toilet paper and other toiletries myself anyway. Absolutely from now on, I will decline. (At Dolphin, they were offering a $10 gift card per day for the restaurant Fuel). I complained about housekeeping to the front desk and they apologized and gave me the bottles of water that housekeeping forgot to refresh each day, but did nothing more and it did not improve.

Can you opt to decline mousekeeping if you check-in online? We typically check-in at the registration desk which is when we get this offer. Thanks.
Yes... I was looking at online check in today and you have to answer yes or no to proceed. At least it was making me.

The gift card was enough for me to buy the sweetest little bag in the UK pavilion at Epcot. Very nice, leather, looks like a cottage, and it has pups on it!

That bag sounds soooo adorable! Good for you, treating yourself.

no regrets here and used the gift card to buy my daughter a woodie doll in toy story land. We dont tend to like housekeeping coming into our rooms during any of our hotel stays. That said we only did 4 days this time, i could see if we were doing a week or longer i would maybe rethink it for my family

What is this and how does it work?? I dont remember being offered last time I went!
At checkin whether that be online or at the resort they ask you if you want to waive housekeeping for $10 a night gift card. You have to be at a value or mod and you dont get the $10 the last night of your stay.

You can still get all your towels, trash out, anything else you need sent to your room.

We did this in jan and we liked it. We typically dont like people coming into our room since during our hotel stays we live very haphazardly (its a controlled mess...we know where everything is...) We stayed about 8 nights and used the gift card to pay parking fees.

We are staying at the POFQ - can we place garbage in a trash container ? Where would they located ?
Near the garden area's where people can smoke ?

We are willing to take out our own trash, make our own beds and get fresh towels every 3 days - which would be twice during our 7 night stay.
We are only DH & DW.

We are staying at the POFQ - can we place garbage in a trash container ? Where would they located ?

We are willing to take out our own trash, make our own beds and get fresh towels every 3 days - which would be twice during our 7 night stay.
We are only DH & DW.
From what I can tell you can leave the trash outside the door and they will take it?

Towels can go in the towel return at the pool. I think I just plan on the way back to the hotel at night to stop at the front desk and ask for towels.

We are the same just DW and DH so at least this trip we can handle it. With our kids it might be different at least until they get older.

We are only DH & DW.
Yes. You can put it in a trash container. There are plenty around the resort. You can also give it to a maid.

Part of the joy of being on holiday is the made bed and freshly folded towels, even though I have been off having fun all day! I love mousekeeping staff! (and tip accordingly)

We are only DH & DW.

i just called and asked them to pick up the trash and towels when they dropped off new ones

I take the trash. Which is usually only one time during our stay to a bin. They are all over the place. So it’s easy to take out your own trash. Literally takes 5 min. Same with daily towels. I just get them in a maid cart as we are leaving in the morning. The carts are also everywhere. If not. Just ask for some. Also. We take the old to the pool towel drop off or in the dirty linen bag which is also with the cart. It’s only 4 of us. So it’s just 4 towels per day and some face towels. Wash Cloths and all. Too easy not to do it for 10.00

so you get 10$ per night on a gift card if you don't have mousekeeping come to clean up after you? we stay for 8 nights in september.....never heard of this but i think 80$ could be used elsewhere for sure.

Not worth it for me either. Love a freshly made bed on vacation. Disney isn't cheap however you do it and $10 a day barely makes a dent in overall expenses. BUT personal choice and all that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter