Was there ever a chance you would end up with one of the people in your school yeargroup?

I dated the same guy off and on for 3 years in high school. There were times that I thought it would last after graduation but I eventually called it off for good my senior year. Best decision I ever made.

I’m going to say yes, we started dating right after college and will be married 28 years this spring. We met for the first time in middle school at the age of 12.

yep.
Knew each other in middle school, started dating junior year in high school, married during college and still together 48 years later (married),,,,,

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GAN
Yes. Had a good chance. We've been together since the end of our junior year and have been married for 42 years plus.

No. I only had one boyfriend from school and that was when we were both in Grade 11. We were just kids - no illusion of a future. I haven't seen him since we graduated - I hope he's gone on to good things and I wish him well.

Nope, I was into older men, dating way older men than I should have been in high school. My ex-husband and I started dating when I was 17 and I refused to go out with him at first because he was too young for me at 7 years older. In hindsight, I should have followed my intuition on that. I dated a few older brothers of my classmates though.

Yes. I dated the same girl my senior year in high school until I was a junior in college. We broke up for many reasons with the big one being I couldn't deal with her homophobic parents anymore.

Yup, I dated a great girl all through High School. We were just three pictures away from each other in the year book. Our class also had a Senior Prediction set up for our class banquet and she and I were listed to marry and have four kids and a happily ever after. I guess I kinda expected that too. Not the 4 kids, but the marriage.

Fact: After high school I went to college one place and she in another. The day after graduation from college, I was in Basic Training in Amarillo, Tx then Niagara Falls and directly went to Vietnam from there. She informed me that she had met someone else from her college and was planning on getting married when I was in my first assignment and found out through her mother that she was expecting her first child before I got back home from Vietnam. It wasn't intentional it was just that we were in different places and fate worked that way. She is still married (over 50 years now) and lives 1000 miles away from me, but we managed to see each other at our 50th high school reunion and now occasionally email each other and fill each other in on the family things, the old age aches and pains and the occasional nostalgic walk through decades ago when everything was possible. I sometimes regret how things worked out for me, but she made the right choice and was able to have a life style that I never could have supplied, plus I wouldn't have my current daughters and grand children. It's hard to regret things for very long when you take inventory of what you actually do have.

Yep. We've been together since the 10th grade. Married for 26 years now.

Yes. Started dating in 11th grade and will be married 30 years in December.
ETA: spelling correction

Last edited:
Um, Catholic all-girls high school? Not much of a chance at all for me. Besides, back in the 70's if they found out you were gay they kicked you out.

• Haha
I was already dating my future husband in high school but we didn’t attend the same school - my school was all girls.

NOPE, no way, not a snowballs chance ---- met in 1st Grade 1956 and all through School to H.S. Graduation just idle conversation but were polite and did write in each other's YB

Will be married 50 years in June and still can't figure it out

I don't guess... my first husband was actually in the grade below me in high school (we started dating when I was a junior and he was a sophomore).
I felt like I was a cougar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter