Watch Thread for Booking the Galactic Starcruiser?

ofcabbagesandkings

DIS Veteran
Apologies if a thread like this already exists, but just like a lot of us followed a thread over on the dining page for Oga's Cantina reservations when it first opened, just wondering if anyone has started a thread for when bookings for the Starcruiser open up? I signed up on the WDW page for email alerts but I know these boards are always faster!

So excited for this! If they can pull it off, this is the kind of thing you think would really make Walt proud.

I'd expect nothing to go forward until the vaccine or whatever is done, to have the full interactive experience. I just can't picture a diluted, 2020-esque version being the first taste.

I would love to stay here when it opens......however the reported pricing will make it very hard to justify. And I also think that this will be one resort that you will NOT be allowed to resort hop too, but that is just a feeling I have.

I would love to stay here when it opens......however the reported pricing will make it very hard to justify. And I also think that this will be one resort that you will NOT be allowed to resort hop too, but that is just a feeling I have.

It is NOT a resort in the sense of all other Disney resort hotels. It is a totally immersive all-inclusive Experience. Guests aboard the Hyperion will not be leaving the ship, (except for a shore excursion to Batuu) and no one will be visiting the ship.

Steve

The concept is cool (like a cruise, but online), but the pricing....yikes. I can cruise on DCL for less - and there isn't even a pool?!

It is NOT a resort in the sense of all other Disney resort hotels. It is a totally immersive all-inclusive Experience. Guests aboard the Hyperion will not be leaving the ship, (except for a shore excursion to Batuu) and no one will be visiting the ship.

Steve

I agree, the experience is completely unique and thus it will not be a resort in the normal sense. I treat it more like an on-land cruise experience.

I agree, the experience is completely unique and thus it will not be a resort in the normal sense. I treat it more like an on-land cruise experience.

I'm not even sure that thinking of it as an on-land cruise is an appropriate description (although that may be the easiest for people to relate to). We're truly talking about a totally new level of immersive experience - one that Disney believes can, and will, create a totally new type of entertainment and set them apart from others. Much like Disneyland ratcheted up the concept of theme parks by a couple orders of magnitude.

From all indications, the Galactic Starcruiser is one of Disney's top priorities - despite it being a pretty small project - in terms of both the number of guests that will experience it, and the revenue it will generate. But it's "demonstration" project that Disney is betting will reap ginormous rewards in decades to come.

I don't have any inside knowledge here, just my thoughts based on observations of Disney's behavior on the matter.

Steve

I wonder if dreams unlimited travel will have a wait list

I'm sure they do - they will assign you a TA if you do not already have one whom will book it when they are able to.

Edit; from their website:
Please note that at this time Walt Disney World is only accepting new reservations through 12/31/2021. If you are interested in a quote for later than that please write to Future_Bookings@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and we will add you to our waitlist for when your dates become available.

I wonder if there will be a pool?

I don't care, shut up and take my money!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter