Watch Your Wallet…Chapek is Coming For it with His Surgical Knife

Yup, I remember it being a nightmare to buy tickets for the monorail around rope drop. Probably one of the only bad parts of the trip if I'm being honest (minus the 40-ish minute wait in line for lunch at a quick service).

Knowing how Bob Chapek operates, he would begin to charge people for the monorail but it stays exactly the same. Sweat + urine smell and all LOL /joking by the way

It was much slower when I went. I think we bought the pass that lasted a few days. It was always great. Also, the first time we were on the extravagang monorail, there ws a CM cleaning the windows as we went around. You know, they take care of everything!

Yup, I remember it being a nightmare to buy tickets for the monorail around rope drop. Probably one of the only bad parts of the trip if I'm being honest (minus the 40-ish minute wait in line for lunch at a quick service).

Knowing how Bob Chapek operates, he would begin to charge people for the monorail but it stays exactly the same. Sweat + urine smell and all LOL /joking by the way
The most obvious upcharge would be the bathrooms. He should start in world showcase. Give people the authenticate paying to use the bathroom experience.

Walt was a visionary and company builder. A legacy builder.
Chapek et al now run companies based on next financial years’ $30m plus bonus, totally short term knowing the average CEO has a shorter tenure than a football coach.
The system is rotten to the core.
Usually we do not notice or care much but Disney is a company that particularly relies on its emotional attachment, which is why what Chapek is doing is very risky for the long term health of the company. When a consumer is emotionally attached to something it is easy for them to switch into betrayal mode, and then that consumer may be lost forever.

Walt was a visionary and company builder. A legacy builder.
Chapek et al now run companies based on next financial years’ $30m plus bonus, totally short term knowing the average CEO has a shorter tenure than a football coach.
The system is rotten to the core.
Usually we do not notice or care much but Disney is a company that particularly relies on its emotional attachment, which is why what Chapek is doing is very risky for the long term health of the company. When a consumer is emotionally attached to something it is easy for them to switch into betrayal mode, and then that consumer may be lost forever.

He can fallback on there is no alternative. Now, we can argue about alternatives until we turn blue, but I can tell you from experience that while there is some overlap, you don't see the same tourists doing National Park hikes as those hitting the Disney theme parks yearly. Likewise, the whole Universal is for thrills response does resonate with people. Lots of people think Universal is nothing more than thrill rides. Finally, some really aren't interested in local parks as we saw with the Dollywood posting some time back. He really can rely on there is no alternative and keep doing what he is doing as long as the population continues to grow. WDW hasn't added a gate in a long time.

It's funny how some people see cracks and others see the opposite.

My last trip last June I saw a couple rides I had never seen before.

I found a completely refurbished room at Coronado Springs with tons of upgrades and looked brand new.

I rode a completely new transportation system, the Skyliner, that wasn't operating on my previous trip.

I fully realize there are a few things missing for some people. I would contend that no matter how much Disney spends, how much they add, how much they take away, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

I think it's gotten to the point, maybe, where people expect too much. When Disney listens to it's customers and it appears the removal of a 20 year old billboard is far more important than the removal of a parade or nighttime show, well, if everything is a disaster, maybe nothing really is a disaster.

If prices keep going up and people keep going, many of the 'deteriorating Disney' arguments are a tad moot.

Disney set the standard of what a vacation there included so I do have certain expectations when I go there. Through the years Disney has managed to take away what once made a vacation there special compared to other destinations. Does that make expecting that gor the price we pay too much? I certainly don’t think so.
But I’m one of those people who won’t continue to pay for a sub standard WDW vacation so my argument isn’t moot.

Tokyo Disney tickets were actually already less expensive anyway. It s absolutley AMAZING what they do over there - charge less and provide more! The only barrier for fans that don't live in Japan is getting there, but honestly, with the way costs are going up here, you might be able to factor in that overseas plane ticket and come out pretty close. And for anyone who has even thought about going over to the Tokyo parks - DO IT! It will be well worth it.

I'm waiting with baited breath for tourism to restart to do just that! That's the one of the global parks that interests me most, though DL Paris was a wonderful surprise that I enjoyed far more than I expected, but it is still anyone's guess when we'll actually be allowed to go so it is on a long-term back burner right now. I'd hoped to be able to think about it as a graduation/last hurrah for DD20, since she's going to be finishing college in May, but we're at the point of starting our summer planning with no signs that regular, non-guided travel will resume in Japan in the foreseeable future so it isn't looking good.

I'm waiting with baited breath for tourism to restart to do just that! That's the one of the global parks that interests me most, though DL Paris was a wonderful surprise that I enjoyed far more than I expected, but it is still anyone's guess when we'll actually be allowed to go so it is on a long-term back burner right now. I'd hoped to be able to think about it as a graduation/last hurrah for DD20, since she's going to be finishing college in May, but we're at the point of starting our summer planning with no signs that regular, non-guided travel will resume in Japan in the foreseeable future so it isn't looking good.

Yeah, the situation with Japan is still problematic. Hopefully it'll be soon! I was gonna get to Paris in 2020, but, well, you know.... 😞

Walt is gone and so is his desire for the masses. Current corporate thinking = PAY UP to PLAY.
Well, if he really haunts WDW as rumored, he should walk into the board meeting and haunt them into bringing back the magic at affordable prices. LOL.

We started going as a family in 1987. We’d go every few years until our son and daughter graduated high school. In 2002 my wife and I went on our first trip together alone. We went every year or every other year depending if we vacationed some place else in between. It was our thing. We both loved WDW and staying on site. Every visit we’d do something new. We always felt we got good value for our money. Until our visit last November. It felt like we were cheated out of our money for certain things. Service was down, some CM’s seemed put off by questions or uninterested in helping, food overpriced, not as good and portions were smaller. Genie+ really got my wife worked up.😂Just a number of little things that added up.

So unless things change (not holding my breath) our October trip will be our last. This is a big family trip we promised our grandchildren that we would take them for their first trip. After that it’s off to spend our money elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter