Watching fireworks from Polynesian

I have always wanted to watch fireworks from the beach at the Polynesian. We always stay at a condo in Kissimmee. Can you eat at a a restaurant at the resort and then go to the beach for fireworks. I asked on the chat on the Disney chat. I was told they are asking only the resort guest do this. Not really a no. Any idea?

We live about a half-hour away from WDW and I couldn't begin to count the number of times we have done this.
Usually pull up, say we are going to bar (which we do for drinks, apps.) and then watch fireworks.
Major holidays are a little more difficult.

We took a resort bus from a park last Friday. I pulled up the mobile order for Captain Cooks and got a pop-up that only resort guests could mobile order there. I pulled it up when we were at the resort and didn’t get the pop-up again. We didn’t have any issues or anyone asking if we were staying there or anything. You could always park at the TTC and walk over, if you have any problems parking there.

Now that the bungalows partially block the view, you might be better off at the ferryboat dock at the TTC. We've done this a couple of times; the view is decent, they pipe in the sound, and the crowd is really small. It's about a 5-10 minute walk from the Poly main building.

The bungalows don't block everything, there's a section of the beach where you can hang out, or there's a grassy knoll further down the beach. I think that's the best place to watch, but I can't get my kids out of the sand. We've stayed at Poly numerous times, but the first time we watched the fireworks from the beach we just had a reservation at Ohana and weren't staying there.

The original no non-guests after covid wasn't really enforced. In the current climate that they're loosening everything I would feel comfortable doing it.

Now that the bungalows partially block the view, you might be better off at the ferryboat dock at the TTC. We've done this a couple of times; the view is decent, they pipe in the sound, and the crowd is really small. It's about a 5-10 minute walk from the Poly main building.
We’ve done the same. It’s an awesome place to watch from!

They "ask that only resort guests do this" because it's one of the perks of being at the Poly and don't want it overrun by people. So I try to avoid it if it's a crowded time because that doesn't seem fair. But we've gone several times and done this, almost always with other non-Poly-stayers joining us nearby. No one has ever said/asked us anything about it - the times we've gone there were plenty of empty chairs so it wasn't like we were taking someone else's spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter