Watching Illuminations while dining

CharlesandCamilla

Mouseketeer
What restaurants could you possible get a view of illuminations from in Epcot?

I know the obvious - Rose and Crown. I want to say Bistro de Paris.

What are the others?

the san angel inn in Mexico and I have heard that you can see them from the restaurant in Japan...

I experienced fourth of July fireworks at Epcot by sitting in the fountain area in Italy. Granted, it wasn't absolutely ideal, but it was very nice and not nearly as crowded. I would think dinner at Alfredos would be great followed by stepping outside to see Illuminations.

The only table service restaurant where you have a chance of seeing Illuminations while dining is the Rose & Crown -- but even then, there's no guarantee that you'll get an outdoor table when making a PS. All the other restaurants are indoors and away from the water. There is that counter service restaurant in Mexico that has tables along the lagoon edge though.
Lets see...I had dinner during Illuminations at Chefs de France once and I remember being able to see the tops of the fireworks from our window, but not a "good view" by any stretch of the imagination (the music was piped in though, so that was nice).
That's all I have. :-)

From Bistro de Paris, which is on the second floor of the France Pavilion, you can see most of Illuminations IF you have a window seat. We ate there and the people at the window tables had a lovely view (needless to say, we did not and were sad about it!). This was 3 years ago, and the trees do grow, so I don't know if that would affect the view at all now. Chef de France, which is downstairs at the France Pavilion, is usually blocked by people and trees so you can't really see much.

As for Mexico, it's the counter service restaurant -- Cantina de San Angel -- where you can see Illuminations. San Angel Inn -- the sitdown restaurant -- is indoors and you can't see anything from there.

And yes, Rose and Crown does have the best view, IF you can get a table on the water.

Japan's Mitsukoshi restaurant lounge may have a view -- they have a deck that goes all the way around the building over the store, but I don't remember if there are windows for the lounge, which is on the lagoon end of the building.

And we've probably been sitting right next to kkmauch and not even known it! We usually eat dinner around 6 p.m., then wander the countries looking for dessert (Rice Cream from Norway -- YUMMY!) and sit on the fountain of the isola at Italy to watch the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter