Water bottles

connie254

Disney fanatic
What kind of water bottle do you use for the parks? Looking for ones that keep the water cool as well as easily stored in a backpack. And are there are dedicated water bottle refill stations? I would be carrying both my own and my son's. Looking to refill them at QS.

What kind of water bottle do you use for the parks? Looking for ones that keep the water cool as well as easily stored in a backpack. And are there are dedicated water bottle refill stations? I would be carrying both my own and my son's. Looking to refill them at QS.
Owala freesip

Has straw you can sip through and a mouth opening to gulp down as well. We used two 32oz of em last trip. They keep ice water for a long time.

Come in 32oz and 24oz, can get two packs from sams club if you are a member there. They show up on sale in instant savings sometimes.

We liked them a lot. Just bought two 24oz ones for kids to take to school.

We use these: https://a.co/d/3IGOguY

Different colors for each one of us. Fill it with ice & water before we leave the resort, stays cold all day. Ice stays frozen and we refill as needed in the parks. I use a carabiner to hook mine to my bag. Best purchase we've made for our vacations!

I don't have a specific bottle since Amazon has a million but I would suggest one with a wide opening. Like 2 inches. It's much easier to fill with ice to the top then water when leaving the resort in the morning.

I love the stainless steel Contigo bottles. The keep water cold a long time and I’ve never had an issue with leaks. They also have a wide mouth which makes it easy to load in ice. You can get the readily on Amazon, at target, etc.

My younger kids use the thermos funtainr water bottles for the parks and school. Lots of fun designs and kid-friendly sizes. These also keep the water nice and cold and we haven’t had leak issues

We use LARQ with the rechargeablelight filter. It kept water as cool as where it came from no matter how long. It will remove most of the taste and all of the smell in MK the worst of the parks. If you can find a dedicated refill station there was 0 taste. They don’t hold a lot but that didn’t matter with the filter on the plus side it was light and easy to fit in the smallest of bags or Fanny packs.

Owala freesip

Has straw you can sip through and a mouth opening to gulp down as well. We used two 32oz of em last trip. They keep ice water for a long time.

Come in 32oz and 24oz, can get two packs from sams club if you are a member there. They show up on sale in instant savings sometimes.

We liked them a lot. Just bought two 24oz ones for kids to take to school.
100% agree! I have a few different sizes. Bought a smaller one (16 oz) for my next trip to lighten my bag a little. It’s so much easier now to get refills that I don’t need as large of a bottle.

we just use the free ice water service. There are water refill stations at Cosmic Rays at MK, Epcot at Connections Cafe by Guardians, and HS at Ronto Roasters. I never saw one in AK.

We use LARQ with the rechargeablelight filter. It kept water as cool as where it came from no matter how long. It will remove most of the taste and all of the smell in MK the worst of the parks. If you can find a dedicated refill station there was 0 taste. They don’t hold a lot but that didn’t matter with the filter on the plus side it was light and easy to fit in the smallest of bags or Fanny packs.
If you are in the mood for some horrible water, may I suggest the food stand underneath Astro Orbiter. I am not certain if that is from the soda fountain or 7 Seas Lagoon.

we just use the free ice water service. There are water refill stations at Cosmic Rays at MK, Epcot at Connections Cafe by Guardians, and HS at Ronto Roasters. I never saw one in AK.
At Animal Kingdom, Tamu Tamu had a large container full of ice water out on the counter, along with paper cups. At other spots we were served the water.

And are there are dedicated water bottle refill stations? I would be carrying both my own and my son's. Looking to refill them at QS.
There are around 3-5 dedicated free standing water refill stations. Google "disney world water refill stations" and you'll see articles that list them all.

You could also refill from the QS places that offer drink stations. There are water buttons there.

You could also ask at the QS counters for cups of ice water to fill your bottle..

During this hot months there are some QS spots that have water coolers with cups. I wouldn't fill my bottle from them but I would get a cup of ice water at least to add to it.

Honestly the best way to keep it cool and not have to carry a bunch of weight is just keep filling it about half way as there are plenty places to stop and quickly get water.

Coming from home, and only visiting a few hours, I bring a frozen water bottle. Unopened, it takes about 2 hours to thaw and stays cool another hour.

We use the Balance From stainless steel water bottles. They keep ice frozen for a long time at the parks even in August heat. They have a wide mouth opening for easy filling and come with 3 different lid types to choose from.

I have not used it yet but was looking at getting a new one with a filter, the water at Disney is GROSS! If we refill our water bottles, we bring water flavoring with us to use for that and/or the free QS ice waters. It def has a funk to it. Whatever you bring, don't bring something really heavy, sadly a lot of what will keep your water cold is also going to be heavier weight than insulated bottles. The yeti yonder isn't bad, it's light but cold levels is hit or miss. There's a camelback that's got a lightweight insulation to it, don't recall the name but it's pretty good. The collapsible water bottles on amazon aren't bad either so it's light and saves space but it's super flimsy when you're actually drinking from it so that's not a real pro. I think there's also a hydroflask that is slimmer than the bigger ones but it's still pretty hefty.

I love my Yeti Rambler insulated water bottles. In the morning I fill it with ice and then add my water. The ice lasts a pretty long time in these. I have the straw top on mine. The lid unscrews completely to make adding more water really easy. They also have lots of color options, so you could get one color and your son get a different color. I also like the handle on these.

If you are in the mood for some horrible water, may I suggest the food stand underneath Astro Orbiter. I am not certain if that is from the soda fountain or 7 Seas Lagoon.
I have to admit we missed going in 2020 and I sort of missed the taste... that is a few times a trip for a sip or 2, I spent over 30 years acquiring the taste.
The water refill stations if you can find them as above are actually very good. Stumbled upon one in EPCOT while leaving I know it is on the side where Test track is maybe Starbucks and Connections it was sort of hidden and I doubt I could find it again but the water tasted amazing after running it through the LARQ cycle. MK still had an aftertaste no matter how many times I let the purification light cycle. The place you speak of may ruin the thing and void the warranty.

I have a 14 oz stainless steel insulated bottle with a straw top from The Coldest Water and love it! Great size for carrying around, keeps my water cold, and has a loop-style top so it's easy to carry or clip somewhere with a carabiner. It has a wide mouth opening so it's also easy to refill from a fountain, filling station or with a cup of ice water from a QS place.

I like Takeya water bottles. They keep water cold for a long time. Target has a sale on them this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter