Water park areas

Ctsplaysinrain

DIS Veteran
Will they let my 12 yr old ASD son use the "kiddie" areas at the Water parks?
Is there any GAC's here and what can they do.. He will not be interested at all in any of the BIG Slides or thrilling things..

The kids areas at the water parks have a maximum height limitation of 48 inches. Age is not a consideration.

And we do not have GACs or alternate entrances to any slides because of stairways (except an elevator is available at Crush 'N Gusher in addition to stairs). However, TL has a longer lazy river and a much better wave pool than BB, and the TL slides are not as extreme as BB slides.

We were at Typhoon Lagoon Thursday. There were lots of big kids in the kiddie play area. The only thing they would monitor height on was the kiddie lazy river and then 2 slides. They weren't letting the bigger kids on that. However, bigger kids were all over the splash areas and in the little streams and playing on the play area.

I will say the wave pool was rather intense. My daughter didn't care for it at all (the bottom is very rough and she said it hurt as well). The lazy river has many options from a large raft, a raft with 2 holes or a smaller raft with a solid bottom. The lazy river was pretty much a free for all. Noone was saying anything. Lots of people were "swimming" around the lazy river, my daughter rode on my lap (which I had been told was not allowed). No one seemed to care.... We went around once and as closing was looming the river had emptied out everyone was wanting to catch some waves... so we rode around 3 more times, hardly saw anyone else. Very nice an relaxing.

Have fun!

One other thing I thought to add.... We could not even *get* to the slide areas. Where the main slide areas are were steps every way we went. We couldn't even see my son/friends come down the slides. That was pretty annoying.

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter