Water Park crowds

LoveSplashMountain

Mouseketeer
We are going in early September and planning 2 half days at water parks (a Saturday and a Tuesday). I can’t seem to find a crowd calendar for water parks. Does anyone have any input on which water park might be busier on Saturday?

Don't know if crowd calendars exist for the water parks. I don't put any stock in them anyway, so I've never looked.

The water parks are pretty equal in crowds. I think by the numbers, TL has a few more people per year, but it's not a drastic difference. You won't notice any real difference between the two. In general, weekends are a bit more crowded than weekdays, due to locals (APs for the water parks are incredibly cheap).

Get there at park open, which is usually 10am. The first hour is a great time to hit the "big" slides, as there's little to no wait.

Thanks so much. We won’t be able to do first thing on the Saturday because our flight lands at 8:30 a.m. and not sure when we will make it. Hopefully we will still be able to enjoy. Thanks for your response and advice.

Forgot to add the a.m. - so not sure how long it will take to get there.

Last edited:
We won’t be able to do first thing on the Saturday because our flight lands at 8:30 and not sure when we will make it.

Perfect! What a great way to end a travel day! The water parks during hotter weather are usually open until 7 or 8pm. The crowds will start to thin out around 4 or 5pm (assuming weather is good). So if you get there mid-late afternoon, do things like the lazy river and wave pool first. Sit, relax, chill. Then the last hour or so head for the big stuff, lines will get really short.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter