• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Water Park Hours

bfost87

Northern DIS'er
I wonder what's going on with the lack of posted hours for the water parks? It's exactly 3 weeks away from March 12th, and there are no posted hours for either park (I know TL is on refurb).

I wonder what's going on with the lack of posted hours for the water parks? It's exactly 3 weeks away from March 12th, and there are no posted hours for either park (I know TL is on refurb).
I was wondering the same thing

Bumping this up, wondering the same thing … going in two weeks and wondering if I can count on a water park day. We’ve never done the water park, was planning to loop it in this time if we could.

Bumping this up, wondering the same thing … going in two weeks and wondering if I can count on a water park day. We’ve never done the water park, was planning to loop it in this time if we could.
I would pretty much guarantee that a water park will be open; just waiting to see what the hours will be (likely 10am-5pm). The real question is which park or both parks?

Word on the street is that TL should be opening March 12.
See - that's what I'm thinking. Spring Break starts that weekend, and we are 11 days away from March 12th, and no hours have been posted for either park? Doesn't seem likely that they just plan on the status quo, or they would have posted 10am-5pm hours for Blizzard Beach a month ago.

If both are open and we can choosing between the two (!!) any thoughts? I have a low to medium adventurous 9yr old and a very adventurous 13yr old if it matters.

Aside from theming, is there a big difference between BB and TL ? Like, does one have better slides and one better rafting rides (just as an example)

It doesn’t appear as if BB has many food options...

My gut is telling me TL...

Thanks!

I’m a fan of TL as well, very much a fan. I’m very pro- lazy river and I just prefer TL’s much more. It doesn’t have streams of “ice water” shooting out at me lol

Thanks for this. I did some research online and it looks like TL also has a wave pool that makes actual waves - is that right? That sounds fun.

Thanks for this. I did some research online and it looks like TL also has a wave pool that makes actual waves - is that right? That sounds fun.
They sure do - I've been dumped on my rear end a few times by that pool when I wasn't paying attention. WAYY back in 2012, a friend had her top blown open at an after hours event in that pool - so be careful out there!

They sure do - I've been dumped on my rear end a few times by that pool when I wasn't paying attention. WAYY back in 2012, a friend had her top blown open at an after hours event in that pool - so be careful out there!
Oh man, okay. So its fun but also can catch you off guard for sure. Thanks for that. If we go I will definitely give my kiddos the head's up to be careful and be nearby if they are in there.

Bummed that we are leaving literally the day TL opens. I've never been to BB so hoping our party enjoys it.

With Typhoon reopening 3/19 it was announced BB will close for a refurb. I'm really hoping they are both open this summer.

Blizzard Beach was closed for almost all of 2022 and will have only been open for 4 months before closing again. I like Typhoon Lagoon but prefer Blizzard Beach so am kind of disappointed by this news.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter