Water Park Openings?

Anthony12345

Earning My Ears
What is everyones best guess about when the Water Parks will reopen and in what manner? Personally i think there is more likelihood of the theme parks closing again before that happens (i mean seriously, what was Florida thinking-no wonder there is this second wave given the attempts at a semi lock down lasted all but 2 weeks, but i digress).

I suspect Disney is watching Volcano Bay for more evidence and will base its decisions off that.

My thinking is something like this.

When the parks reopen, assuming its before a vaccine is found, it will involve these key points.

1. Virtual lines. Id be amazed if this wasnt being set up already as its already being used on some rides in the Disney theme parks. This also applies for entry into the gift shop as per some of the in park shops.

2-Mobile food order only.

3-Reduced sunbeds and therefore more spaced out sunbeds. This would effectively represent a reduction in water park capacity which would in turn probably require booking a day at the water parks as per the main parks (although there would surely have to be some way of people booking a limited number of waterpark AND theme park days, as thats what people do quite often.)

4-No changing rooms. From my perspective in the UK, most public swimming pools here and id imagine elsewhere, whilst the virus is around, expect you to come already in your swimming gear-changing capacity is limited. Outdoor showers exist in the parks, and i suspect people will have to just accept that having a quick rinse in the cold water outdoor showers at the end of the day is the most showering your going to get.

Fortunately, the virus cant survive in chlorinated water, so one of the safest places to spend your day is probably bobbing around in the lazy rivers and wave pools.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter